General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Rockape » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:13 pm

Light with short arms ...double win!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:06 pm

Short arms are good for bench press too. Unfortunately I have orangutan arms
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:08 pm

So who won POTY
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:10 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Short arms are good for bench press too. Unfortunately I have orangutan arms

That’s all those pull ups you did as a kid.

:biggrin:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Whitapers » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:41 pm

The last post?
Whitapers
Liam Brady

Postby Pudpop » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:01 am

Whitapers wrote:The last post?

no
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:09 am

Pudpop wrote:
Whitapers wrote:The last post?

no

maybe
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:03 pm

Poster of the Month thread is open -

viewtopic.php?f=74&p=1694751#p1694751
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Phil71 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:29 pm

Laid up in hospital after hernia surgery.

An old surgical wound came undone on the inside so they had to go in via keyhole and repair it.

Anaesthetic wearing off and it's starting to feel like I've been kicked around the floor.

Watching TV in my room;- a documentary about American football player Aaron Hernandez. They just said he went off the rails after his father died -from complications following hernia surgery! I said out loud, "Oh fuckin great!"

:shifty:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:58 pm

Phil71 wrote:Laid up in hospital after hernia surgery.

An old surgical wound came undone on the inside so they had to go in via keyhole and repair it.

Anaesthetic wearing off and it's starting to feel like I've been kicked around the floor.

Watching TV in my room;- a documentary about American football player Aaron Hernandez. They just said he went off the rails after his father died -from complications following hernia surgery! I said out loud, "Oh fuckin great!"

Unlucky and get well and all that

Probably should have taken your own meds in with you. The last time I was in for routine surgery (gallbladder,) after getting out of the HDU because of complications I was given..... paracetamol

I shit you not
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:04 pm

UFGN wrote:

Unlucky and get well and all that

Probably should have taken your own meds in with you. The last time I was in for routine surgery (gallbladder,) after getting out of the HDU because of complications I was given..... paracetamol

I shit you not

Thanks.

They've just given me co-dydramol. I'll see how that goes
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:24 am

Think his CTE had a lot to do with that.

But you should be fine. People dying from complications following surgery is few and far between in developed countries (I am assuming you got it done in England and not in some random Laotian jungle). Just gotta make sure the incision area doesn't get infected and that you don't get addicted to opioids.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:26 am

LMAO wrote:

Think his CTE had a lot to do with that.

But you should be fine. People dying from complications following surgery is few and far between in developed countries (I am assuming you got it done in England and not in some random Laotian jungle). Just gotta make sure the incision area doesn't get infected and that you don't get addicted to opioids.

Cheers.

I wasn't really worried. It was just the black irony of it. There's me in pain and switching on a TV program to take my mind off it, and two minutes in they come out with that. :biggrin:

Fascinating story by the way. Aaron Hernandez I mean.

I guess it would be like Harry Kane suddenly going on a killing spree.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:47 am

Get well soon Phil! I think those pain killers are excellent at blocking you up real bad.....be prepared!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:54 am

Rockape wrote:Get well soon Phil! I think those pain killers are excellent at blocking you up real bad.....be prepared!

Cheers.

I'm on the case with that one! Don't need to have that sort of trouble. As it is I can't even lightly cough without it hurting - even with the pain killers. I'm not going for anything stronger though. I want to be able to get up and go for a walk. Even if I am taking pigeon steps. Nothing worse for you in the these circumstances than to vegetate in bed or on the couch. The sooner I get moving again the better.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee