General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:38 am

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:
LMAO wrote:Sooooo I watched Behind the Curve on Netflix, and I have a lot of questions. The first being: What the actual f**k? But the best part of the documentary was the flat earthers' experiment proving Earth isn't flat :rofll:

People actually 'believe' the world is flat...in 2019. No wonder aliens never visit. People didn't even think Earth was flat back when Columbus tried to find a quicker route to India by sailing west. Ffs the Greeks calculated the world's curvature thousands of years ago.

What's next: the air we breathe is actually fairy dust?

Absolute clowns.

Their arguments are completely illogical. Absolutely no credibility

Idk, the main dude almost had me hooked with his claim that a lack of flights crossing the oceans in the southern hemisphere is proof of a flat Earth because the distances are too vast for planes to travel. That right there is ironclad logic that can't be easily disproven.

It's a simple case of supply & demand in regard to flights.

How busy would direct flights be between Christchurch and Capetown, or Perth to Buenos Aires?

The combination of low population densities, lack of requirement (holidays, business travel, etc.) and the unaffordability of the flights that might operate within the likely routes is the reason you don't get many flights doing those trips.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:44 am

I don't think he's being serious
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:48 am

I didn't think Americans did irony.

Jay Fullmer, 38, yesterday became the first American to get to grips with the concept of irony.

"It was weird" Fullmer said. "I was in London and like, talking to this guy and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, "Great weather eh?" and I thought - "Wait a minute, no way is it great weather".

Fullmer then realised that the other man's 'mistake' was in fact deliberate.

Fullmer, who is 39 next month and married with two children, aged 8 and 3, plans to use irony himself in future.

"I'm, like, using it all the time" he said. "Last weekend I was grilling steaks, and I burned them, and I said "Hey, great weather."
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:12 am

Generalanal/kite/ArsenalTiltheEnd has returned

Brilliant
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:44 am

Phil71 wrote:I didn't think Americans did irony.

Jay Fullmer, 38, yesterday became the first American to get to grips with the concept of irony.

"It was weird" Fullmer said. "I was in London and like, talking to this guy and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, "Great weather eh?" and I thought - "Wait a minute, no way is it great weather".

Fullmer, who is 39 next month and married with two children, aged 8 and 3, plans to use irony himself in future.

"I'm, like, using it all the time" he said. "Last weekend I was grilling steaks, and I burned them, and I said "Hey, great weather."

:lol:
:clap:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:57 am

Phil71 wrote:I didn't think Americans did irony.

:lol:

A lot of Brits don't understand American humor, just like most Americans don't get British humor. As the adage goes: the US and the UK are two countries separated by a common language. IRL though, a lot of us are sarcastic af (and I can only speak for guys, but we love roasting each other to show comradery).
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:02 am

Goonersworld and letting blatant trolls come back

Name a more iconic duo
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:19 am

Return?

His 3-month ban simply expired and this is common knowledge to those who bother to check the ban list.

Permanent bans don't exist in this day and age; after the ban is issued, many of them will return with a new user account and IP address.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:21 am

Pudpop wrote:Goonersworld and letting blatant trolls come back

Name a more iconic duo

Dejan and avoiding the tape measure

Cripps and Los hate f***ing

Me, Ang, and Santi and loving Ozil

Vava and Gucci
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:40 am

Zenith wrote:Return?

His 3-month ban simply expired and this is common knowledge to those who bother to check the ban list.

Permanent bans don't exist in this day and age; after the ban is issued, many of them will return with a new user account and IP address.

I check the ban list whenever it's updated.

Please don't pretend as if the mods here are strict enough about trolling. Whenever one of them comes back from a temp ban we usually have to wait a week and deal with tons of posts which are clear trolling before anything is done.

And just because permanent bans aren't realistic doesn't mean that there are no other alternatives.

Also, generalanal has been back for like 3 hours. I wasn't really expecting him to already be banned. You lot have to sleep sometimes too. The post was in jest, albeit with truth behind it.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:42 am

LMAO wrote:
Pudpop wrote:Goonersworld and letting blatant trolls come back

Name a more iconic duo

Dejan and avoiding the tape measure

Cripps and Los hate f***ing

Me, Ang, and Santi and loving Ozil

Vava and Gucci

Needs more Massa and BIG BLACK SWEATIES but good attempt
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:21 am

Pudpop wrote:And just because permanent bans aren't realistic doesn't mean that there are no other alternatives.

Such as? :dontknow:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 am

How do people even change their IP address?

Each PC / device gives out an IP right, is that something that's easily done or something? seems like an effort for something so trivial as wanting to troll a site.

Me personally I wouldn't bother if I was banned from somewhere I wouldn't lower myself to post somewhere I wasn't wanted frankly.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:51 am

its easy
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:03 pm

Zenith wrote:
Pudpop wrote:And just because permanent bans aren't realistic doesn't mean that there are no other alternatives.

Such as? :dontknow:

My first idea would have been not allowing members to post for their first month of joining or something along those lines. It has problems with it since then we wouldn't get any visiting fans but it's an idea at least.

Then there's the option of just being stricter for newer members. If a member joins and instantly goes to all the player threads posting controversial or antagonistic opinions then there shouldn't be any hesitation.

These are just my opinions and I get that it's always easier said than done, but as a long time member I feel qualified to say that the tolerance for trolling on this forum is definitely too high.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee