General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Dejan » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:03 pm

VCC wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
VCC wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
VCC wrote:Have started a new restoration project,this one is for Mrs Vcc my god have spent 3days either on the ph or searching the net for what I thought would be easy to come by parts. And still looking for one
Give me a motor bike any day grrrrr

Do you still ride, and if so what kind of bike?

:hiding:

[emoji38]

Lol
I have a Centenary Harley
And a 69 Triumph
But dont venture out much now are looking at trading the Harley on something better/more comfortable for mrs vcc to passenger on

Nice! We actually have a Triumph museum here in St. Louis, it's pretty cool.

I have a 2016 Harley Street Glide currently. I know everyone and their mom has one too, well at least here in the states, they became overly popular, but it really is a good comfortable bike. I can ride that thing forever. The stock shocks aren't that great on the 16', but if you put some after market shocks on, it helps so much. I'm 42, so hard tails and choppers are only fun for so long before my spine starts aching, so I needed something a bit more comfortable, even after telling myself I'd never buy a bagger, I still did and don't regret it.

If you haven't already, go test ride one of those, your Mrs may choose to have a custom seat on the back as I don't think the stock ones are that comfortable, but it could be something she likes.

Yes have had a ride on mates bagger, and you are right the harley standard passenger seat is aweful, last ride me and mrs vcc had I left her at a cafe went home got the truck to pick her up lol. Something we laugh at we have both done so many miles of riding.
What ever we buy it will need to be comfortable so sports bikes are out ,dont care about power I am too old for that, cant be Japanese I have never owned a japanese bike although raced one for years but was sponsored, it will probably be a Triumph.
But if I were 20 years younger I would love the new Norton
Whats wrong with japanese? Arent they supposed to be the most reliable of all?

Had my first motorbike lesson today. Loved it but i found it to be very difficult. Really struggled with shifting gears and turning.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:53 pm

Dejan wrote:
VCC wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
VCC wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
VCC wrote:Have started a new restoration project,this one is for Mrs Vcc my god have spent 3days either on the ph or searching the net for what I thought would be easy to come by parts. And still looking for one
Give me a motor bike any day grrrrr

Do you still ride, and if so what kind of bike?

:hiding:

[emoji38]

Lol
I have a Centenary Harley
And a 69 Triumph
But dont venture out much now are looking at trading the Harley on something better/more comfortable for mrs vcc to passenger on

Nice! We actually have a Triumph museum here in St. Louis, it's pretty cool.

I have a 2016 Harley Street Glide currently. I know everyone and their mom has one too, well at least here in the states, they became overly popular, but it really is a good comfortable bike. I can ride that thing forever. The stock shocks aren't that great on the 16', but if you put some after market shocks on, it helps so much. I'm 42, so hard tails and choppers are only fun for so long before my spine starts aching, so I needed something a bit more comfortable, even after telling myself I'd never buy a bagger, I still did and don't regret it.

If you haven't already, go test ride one of those, your Mrs may choose to have a custom seat on the back as I don't think the stock ones are that comfortable, but it could be something she likes.

Yes have had a ride on mates bagger, and you are right the harley standard passenger seat is aweful, last ride me and mrs vcc had I left her at a cafe went home got the truck to pick her up lol. Something we laugh at we have both done so many miles of riding.
What ever we buy it will need to be comfortable so sports bikes are out ,dont care about power I am too old for that, cant be Japanese I have never owned a japanese bike although raced one for years but was sponsored, it will probably be a Triumph.
But if I were 20 years younger I would love the new Norton
Whats wrong with japanese? Arent they supposed to be the most reliable of all?

Had my first motorbike lesson today. Loved it but i found it to be very difficult. Really struggled with shifting gears and turning.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with jap bikes, I raced one for years, but being associated with a 1% club i dont want the shit from my mates from owning one lol,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockape » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:52 am

Phil71 wrote:
Rockape wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Still keeping my fingers crossed for my July Spain holiday.

Is your holiday still on Phil?

I reluctantly binned it a few weeks back.

Having to still abide by social distancing and the rest of it isn't ideal for a holiday.

I didn't lose anything. I know the people who own the house so no issue there. The airline gave me a voucher to use in the next 2 years, and it cost me about £20 to cancel the hire car.

I'll put it out of my mind and wait til things get nearer to normality.

Probably wise....its still a bit weird out there. Does make you wonder how long this social distancing is going to last for though!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Seen this video, bought the ingredients and made these today.

Oh man. They are so f***ing nice. I can't move.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:00 pm

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it extremely boring listening to pundits rambling on, on what we’ve just watched (MOT etc)

Just show more footie FFS!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:02 pm

Depends on the pundits.

Shearer, Wright and Lineker are awesome.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:23 pm

At least you have peeps who played at the top as pundits
The average kiwi football pundit is absolute shite
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:23 am

Talked to motor reconditioning/ rebuilders other day whilst inquiring about mrs vcc car we are restoring, mechanic asked what I wanted to do with motor he said he can get 1000 HP out of it with little effort FFS. Apparently when they came out in 93 you could get 800Hp out of them with very simple tunning Senna F1 car the same year had 710 Hp. f**k I must of been living in a cave all these years, no wonder I ain't allowed to drive it lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:41 pm

Get yourself a vacation to the Alaskan wilderness. Almost two weeks straight of hiking, kayaking, fishing, and general tomfoolery with friends. Was refreshing to leave civilization and its problems for a couple weeks.

Sucked having to do a coronavirus test and get the results beforehand to bring with me to avoid quarantine, but I understand the reasoning.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:12 pm

Sounds great.

I read the other week that the authorities have removed that bus from the wilderness because so many people died or needed rescuing when trying to reach it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:08 pm

LMAO wrote:Get yourself a vacation to the Alaskan wilderness. Almost two weeks straight of hiking, kayaking, fishing, and general tomfoolery with friends. Was refreshing to leave civilization and its problems for a couple weeks.

Sucked having to do a coronavirus test and get the results beforehand to bring with me to avoid quarantine, but I understand the reasoning.

Alaska is beautiful, my sister lives there.

If anyone likes nature, I suggest putting it on the bucket list.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Missing Kansas dog makes 50-mile trip to old home in Missouri.

A dog that disappeared in the US state of Kansas earlier this month has been found more than 50 miles (80.4 km) away - at her owner's previous home.

Cleo, a four-year-old labrador, was reported missing from the town of Olathe on 12 July.

Several days later, she showed upon the porch of her old home in Lawson, Missouri.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53471230

How the hell do dogs manage to do these things?

I don't think we fully understand how animals navigate. It's fascinating.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:39 pm

Zuck.jpg

Zuckerberg with a full face of sunscreen! So if sunscreen was black would he banished from society? :rofll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:43 pm

LMAO wrote:Get yourself a vacation to the Alaskan wilderness. Almost two weeks straight of hiking, kayaking, fishing, and general tomfoolery with friends. Was refreshing to leave civilization and its problems for a couple weeks.

Where in Alaska? Wonderful place...in the summer.

Spent a dark month in Fairbanks in the military and a wet week on Prince of Wales Island fishing.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:46 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
Zuck.jpg

Zuckerberg with a full face of sunscreen! So if sunscreen was black would he banished from society? :rofll:

He looks like Marcel Marceau
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee