General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:57 am

VCC wrote:How did the boat ride go?

Mate ....................

Just getting over it now.

We had more alcohol on those boats than Duty Free, at one point we had 4 boats all tied together.

Scenary was amazing, as we were travelling back to the marina at sunset I was sitting right on on the front of the boat looking like Kate Winslet from Titanic.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:37 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

We had more alcohol on those boats than Duty Free, at one point we had 4 boats all tied together.

Scenary was amazing, as we were travelling back to the marina at sunset I was sitting right on on the front of the boat looking like Kate Winslet from Titanic.

Lol
Nothing like a duty free shop, a well stocked liquor cabinet is a must especially on any boat.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Where were you at? At sea or a lake? Looks like a blast,
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:20 pm

............. off the South coast (UK obviously), a couple of friends of mine have a boat each so we set out with two boats then we met up with two other guys they know who were having days out on their boats as well.

At one point when all the boats were tied together out at sea there was about 18 of us all jumping from one boat to another, beers, Gin, Wine, Pimms and Vodka bottles all over the shop.

One of the best days out I've had this year.

One of my mates was talking lockeroom banter being an idiot while all the while he forgot he hadn't hanged up his facetime call with his missus and she heard the whole conversation .......... fkin hilarious, his face afterward. :rofll:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:............. off the South coast (UK obviously), a couple of friends of mine have a boat each so we set out with two boats then we met up with two other guys they know who were having days out on their boats as well.

At one point when all the boats were tied together out at sea there was about 18 of us all jumping from one boat to another, beers, Gin, Wine, Pimms and Vodka bottles all over the shop.

One of the best days out I've had this year.

One of my mates was talking lockeroom banter being an idiot while all the while he forgot he hadn't hanged up his facetime call with his missus and she heard the whole conversation .......... fkin hilarious, his face afterward. :rofll:

:rofll: Trouble in paradise! Remind him that birds are even worse about that sort of banter. :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:37 am

Have started a new restoration project,this one is for Mrs Vcc my god have spent 3days either on the ph or searching the net for what I thought would be easy to come by parts. And still looking for one
Give me a motor bike any day grrrrr
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:33 pm

VCC wrote:Have started a new restoration project,this one is for Mrs Vcc my god have spent 3days either on the ph or searching the net for what I thought would be easy to come by parts. And still looking for one

Do you still ride, and if so what kind of bike?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:52 pm

StLGooner wrote:
VCC wrote:Have started a new restoration project,this one is for Mrs Vcc my god have spent 3days either on the ph or searching the net for what I thought would be easy to come by parts. And still looking for one

:hiding:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:54 pm

Phil71 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

:lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:35 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Lol
I have a Centenary Harley
And a 69 Triumph
But dont venture out much now are looking at trading the Harley on something better/more comfortable for mrs vcc to passenger on
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:39 pm

VCC wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Lol
And a 69 Triumph
But dont venture out much now are looking at trading the Harley on something better/more comfortable for mrs vcc to passenger on

Nice! We actually have a Triumph museum here in St. Louis, it's pretty cool.

I have a 2016 Harley Street Glide currently. I know everyone and their mom has one too, well at least here in the states, they became overly popular, but it really is a good comfortable bike. I can ride that thing forever. The stock shocks aren't that great on the 16', but if you put some after market shocks on, it helps so much. I'm 42, so hard tails and choppers are only fun for so long before my spine starts aching, so I needed something a bit more comfortable, even after telling myself I'd never buy a bagger, I still did and don't regret it.

If you haven't already, go test ride one of those, your Mrs may choose to have a custom seat on the back as I don't think the stock ones are that comfortable, but it could be something she likes.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:10 pm

StLGooner wrote:
VCC wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Lol
And a 69 Triumph

Nice! We actually have a Triumph museum here in St. Louis, it's pretty cool.

I have a 2016 Harley Street Glide currently. I know everyone and their mom has one too, well at least here in the states, they became overly popular, but it really is a good comfortable bike. I can ride that thing forever. The stock shocks aren't that great on the 16', but if you put some after market shocks on, it helps so much. I'm 42, so hard tails and choppers are only fun for so long before my spine starts aching, so I needed something a bit more comfortable, even after telling myself I'd never buy a bagger, I still did and don't regret it.

If you haven't already, go test ride one of those, your Mrs may choose to have a custom seat on the back as I don't think the stock ones are that comfortable, but it could be something she likes.

Yes have had a ride on mates bagger, and you are right the harley standard passenger seat is aweful, last ride me and mrs vcc had I left her at a cafe went home got the truck to pick her up lol. Something we laugh at we have both done so many miles of riding.
What ever we buy it will need to be comfortable so sports bikes are out ,dont care about power I am too old for that, cant be Japanese I have never owned a japanese bike although raced one for years but was sponsored, it will probably be a Triumph.
But if I were 20 years younger I would love the new Norton
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockape » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:28 pm

Phil71 wrote:Still keeping my fingers crossed for my July Spain holiday.

Is your holiday still on Phil?
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Rockape wrote:

I reluctantly binned it a few weeks back.

Having to still abide by social distancing and the rest of it isn't ideal for a holiday.

I didn't lose anything. I know the people who own the house so no issue there. The airline gave me a voucher to use in the next 2 years, and it cost me about £20 to cancel the hire car.

I'll put it out of my mind and wait til things get nearer to normality.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:42 am

Phil71 wrote:
Rockape wrote:

I reluctantly binned it a few weeks back.

Having to still abide by social distancing and the rest of it isn't ideal for a holiday.

I didn't lose anything. I know the people who own the house so no issue there. The airline gave me a voucher to use in the next 2 years, and it cost me about £20 to cancel the hire car.

I'll put it out of my mind and wait til things get nearer to normality.

Normality may well take awhile Phil, bloody virus seems to be kicking off again all over the place
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee