General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Ach » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Fenice wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Why isn't Cripps posting?

No more Marvel movies for a while, less of a reason to post. I understand it.

When is the next one? Should be one every month ffs
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:04 pm

StLGooner wrote:It's really bitter sweet. Missouri law requires you to pay up until the child is 18, or if he goes to college then it's until he's out of college or he turns 21, which ever comes first. So my son was in college this past year, but is not going back and taking on a full time job instead. Which isn't ideal, so I'm not too happy about that, but at the same time, I no longer have to pay. I was actually still going to pay until he was 21 no matter what, but his mom just told me that I don't have to anymore. Saves me about $400 per month.

Well, your boy wants to do his own thing for now. Maybe he'll change his mind in two or three years and decide he wants to go to college. One of my sons did that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:12 pm

Ach wrote:
Fenice wrote:

May 2020 - Black Widow

However the Joker is on this October and that looks really good tbf.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:42 pm

StLGooner wrote:It's really bitter sweet. Missouri law requires you to pay up until the child is 18, or if he goes to college then it's until he's out of college or he turns 21, which ever comes first. So my son was in college this past year, but is not going back and taking on a full time job instead. Which isn't ideal, so I'm not too happy about that, but at the same time, I no longer have to pay. I was actually still going to pay until he was 21 no matter what, but his mom just told me that I don't have to anymore. Saves me about $400 per month.

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm

Obviously I don't know what the situation is and it's his choice but you should really encourage him to return to college.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Obviously I don't know what the situation is and it's his choice but you should really encourage him to return to college.

Plot twist: Got drafted to the NBA.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:53 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Oh I have, and so has his mom and step dad. I've been pushing for him to go learn a trade. We are in dire need of trade type of workers here in the states. They have tons of work but not enough people and you only have to go to school for a bit and make good money right away. You know stuff like pipe fitters, electricians. I've been on him. We're having another talk this week. He's being really lazy and apathetic right now about it all.

That's why it's kind of bitter sweet ya know.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:53 pm

LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

If so that Conor gif you posted would be so accurate.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:57 pm

LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Shit I wish. He did play some basketball, but was more of a lacrosse player tbh. He didn't pick up the sporting bug like me though. That's all I did. He just wasn't that into sports. Ah well. He's a smart kid he'll figure it out.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:47 pm

UFGN, I managed to recover your original signature banner through archive.org -

*No Photobucket watermark. ;)
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Zenith wrote:UFGN, I managed to recover your original signature banner through archive.org -

*No Photobucket watermark. ;)

Ah cheers man!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Ach » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:
Fenice wrote:

May 2020 - Black Widow

Might watch Joker.

Third greatest villain of all time.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:12 pm

I knew this would happen.

When I was "studying" (or more appropriately looking into it) astronomy years ago I was speaking with a Cosmologist who didn't believe the big bang theory and I also had huge doubts.
We said that as per the Big Bang model i.e the way they've measured the universe all comes crashing down as soon as we spot a star older than the given age of the universe .......... didn't take too long, its been about 9 years but here we are already and I expect more.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... space-2019

That's what happens when certain morons are desperate to bottle an answer to build their career on.

Yes they are smart people but never underestimate the weakness in inherent Human error, bias, desire for recognition etc.

The guys who pioneered the Big Bang and the age of the Universe accordingly are looking pretty sorry today.

"British physicist Robert Matthews wrote for UAE-based media outlet The National: “It’s a riddle of cosmic proportions: How can the universe contain stars older than itself?"

Easy .......... its because you got it wrong in the first place you fkin idiot.

Really pisses me off to be fair, we listen to these guys same way as Dr's, like their Gods because we assume they must have far superior intellects but even a layman like me could see the holes in their theory.

Basically its what you get when the Church and Scientists wanting to elevate their careers and or prove the God theory back each other up in mutual benefit and state it as FACT.

Fkin d*ckheads the lot of them.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:39 pm

Tldr pal

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:39 pm

Ach wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:
Fenice wrote:

May 2020 - Black Widow

Might watch Joker.

Third greatest villain of all time.

Agree with should be one every month. Could single handedly carry the movie industry.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee