General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Dejan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:05 pm

my 10 year anniversary on this forum coming up soon

how are we going to celebrate this wonderful event lads
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:How do people even change their IP address?

Each PC / device gives out an IP right, is that something that's easily done or something? seems like an effort for something so trivial as wanting to troll a site.

Me personally I wouldn't bother if I was banned from somewhere I wouldn't lower myself to post somewhere I wasn't wanted frankly.

There's nowt so queer as folk.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Dejan wrote:my 10 year anniversary on this forum coming up soon

how are we going to celebrate this wonderful event lads

Gucci champagne party?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Generalanal/kite/ArsenalTiltheEnd has returned

Brilliant

And now he's gone. I don't mind the odd troll but this guy did the same thing all the time. Change it up or stop trolling altogether.

I have done the latter.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Zenith wrote:Return?

His 3-month ban simply expired and this is common knowledge to those who bother to check the ban list.

Permanent bans don't exist in this day and age; after the ban is issued, many of them will return with a new user account and IP address.

Nahh still better to ban them.

Make them make the effort.

I mean this was his latest post ffs!

On Lacazette .........

generalanal wrote:Hope we will get 25 millions for this guy in summer and we will use the money for zaha. I bet bra zaha will be a hit here the winger we need

Keep banning them until they get the message because some of them just rock up and start trolling without even a warm up period.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:46 am

I know these aren't fresh off the grill, but this bs is what I mean by creativity is dead in today's pop music:

There's no uniqueness. I wouldn't fault someone for thinking all three songs were by the same artist.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:50 pm

Serious question.

Let's just assume Jesus is real and everything went down as the Christians say it did, why is he so revered?

Throughout history there have been many civilians, martyrs, actvists, freedom fighters etc. who have died for causes and endured far worse torture than Jesus is purported to have.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:29 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Serious question.

Let's just assume Jesus is real and everything went down as the Christians say it did, why is he so revered?

Throughout history there have been many civilians, martyrs, actvists, freedom fighters etc. who have died for causes and endured far worse torture than Jesus is purported to have.

Also apparently he's into saving mankind but didn't fancy it during either world war, countless famines, the black death, etc etc

Pick your battles much?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:16 am

UFGN wrote:

Also apparently he's into saving mankind but didn't fancy it during either world war, countless famines, the black death, etc etc

Pick your battles much?

Don't worry he will rise again soon.

:rolleyes:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:56 am

I'm in tears
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Dejan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:05 am

Because christians are lunatics

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:10 am

God created Adam and Eve in his own image, and without sin. They sinned after being tempted by Satan. This caused a divide between man and God that could not be bridged. All mankind was cursed and stained with sin and the inclination to commit it as it was inherited through the flesh. At one point God sent down some rules to try to help create a sinless person that could fill the gap. Alas it failed. Then it got so bad that God said men had to start sacrificing sinless animals and bringing their blood into the temple to try to make amends. But all of that was just papering over the cracks. A sticking plaster over a gaping, rotting, sinful wound. There was only one thing for it. God would have to create a human being who was of his own spirit, and so not inclined to commit sin. Enter Jesus Christ. Although he was tempted, as he was of the flesh of man, he went through his whole life without committing a single sin, and so was able to bridge that great divide that had been created between God and man in the garden of Eden. With his work done, Jesus was to become the lamb of God (remember the blood sacrifices of the innocent earlier?), when God performed the biggest blood sacrifice possible, by allowing his son to be crucified on the cross, so destroying the flesh of man that was vulnerable to sin, and setting free the holy spirit of Jesus, so that he could return to Heaven and sit at his side, and man could cross the bridge into Heaven once again, enjoying the gift of eternal life, if they are to follow the way of Jesus during their time on earth.

Something like that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:02 am

LMAO wrote:I know these aren't fresh off the grill, but this bs is what I mean by creativity is dead in today's pop music:

There's no uniqueness. I wouldn't fault someone for thinking all three songs were by the same artist.

If you listen to pop music which is what these are ............... you deserve everything you get.

Ach would love these.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:16 am

But they weren't the son of God and Jesus died for our sins ............. apparently.

Him living and taking the form of man mean't he could show God what it was like to be human and that mean't God was able to forgive us for our sins, Jesus forgave us and thus God learned that we need sympathy not wrath.

Lovely story but yeah ..............

Either way its not important, some people find comfort in it, in fact many have but overall state religions are used as vehicle clubs of the rich and powerful, like a non-secretive Freemasons.

The amount of corruption that has gone on in the halls of Rome is beyond belief for a supposed Holy place.

All Catholicism is, is Romes last attempt to rule over Europe.

Romans actually decided to turn to Christianity for the most cynical of reasons, they worked out that they needed a state religion to help influence and control the populace in their Empire.
When you rule by the sword only you can imagine the amount of drain that has on your armies when your dealing with Celts, Germanic tribes etc people who are warriors, its like being a Bouncer in the worst Biker bars you could think of and trying to keep a lid on trouble.

So Rome actually ditched their old religion for one that was on the rise, made it a state religion then pushed for mass conversion, so not only did they rule by the sword but they also influenced daily life through running the religion.

When Rome's armies finally depleted they kept the religion control, you don't need armies or to fund soldiers for it, and you see the power they had on Medieval Europe, Kings bowed to the Pope.

You still see these tactics in countries today especially with Muslim countries, they use religion to bolster law and order and their control.

The West has abandoned these tactics because with their military and technological edge over the populace has become so great they no longer need religion, they have tanks, guns, jet planes etc that they didn't have even 100 years ago, they no longer need religious influence to contain us.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:17 am

Only heard of Demi lovato. Arguably the best singer around
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee