General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:50 am

It's 2019 and people like that still exist?

Meatheads are gonna meathead I guess.

Benching is a shit barometer for strength anyway, I'd be much more impressed if someone rattled off 30 pull ups or something.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:53 am

Pullups sucks

Bench >

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:58 am

Dejan wrote:Pullups sucks

Explain
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:27 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:It's 2019 and people like that still exist?

Benching is a shit barometer for strength anyway, I'd be much more impressed if someone rattled off 30 pull ups or something.

Pull ups aren't a great strength indicator either tbh. I've found that after 12-15, it's about endurance more so than raw strength.

Deadlift >>>>>>>
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:36 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Dejan wrote:Pullups sucks

Explain
Just dont like them lol. Never have.

Rackpulls >

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:46 am

I love watching the worlds strongest man and think the dead lift is where there lift the heaviest weight, but straight arm pull ups are a massive test. The average person can’t do one, As their power to weight ratio is bobbins. So you can be a huge lump and lift heavy weights, of you can be slim and toned and do pull ups. I know what I’d rather be, but at 57 my best days are behind me.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:47 am

LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:It's 2019 and people like that still exist?

Pull ups aren't a great strength indicator either tbh. I've found that after 12-15, it's about endurance more so than raw strength.

Deadlift >>>>>>>

Add some weights then, otherwise you'll just plateau.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Rockape wrote:I love watching the worlds strongest man and think the dead lift is where there lift the heaviest weight, but straight arm pull ups are a massive test. The average person can’t do one, As their power to weight ratio is bobbins. So you can be a huge lump and lift heavy weights, of you can be slim and toned and do pull ups. I know what I’d rather be, but at 57 my best days are behind me.

Preach
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:14 pm

Speaking of fitness/bodies. My girlfriend has been having back pain for the last 2/3 years. The doctor told her she has a rheumatism disease(bechterew) because she is having pain and its in her family.

She changed doctor because the first one is a bit of a douche. Now this doctor says she probably does not have rheumatism but scoliosis so the pills and physiotherapy she has been taking for the last 2 years have been for nothing.

I swear the healthcare in the netherlands is a total joke. I have had the same issues for years.

/rant

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Zenith wrote:
Rockape wrote:I love watching the worlds strongest man and think the dead lift is where there lift the heaviest weight, but straight arm pull ups are a massive test. The average person can’t do one, As their power to weight ratio is bobbins. So you can be a huge lump and lift heavy weights, of you can be slim and toned and do pull ups. I know what I’d rather be, but at 57 my best days are behind me.

Preach

I can do about 8 pull ups and that's it. Ha!

What's really amazing is watching the cross fit games, when they do those muscle ups, or some people call them body ups. Where they pull their bodies up to their waist, instead of just your chin. Those dudes are machines!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:27 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Preach

What's really amazing is watching the cross fit games, when they do those muscle ups, or some people call them body ups. Where they pull their bodies up to their waist, instead of just your chin. Those dudes are machines!!

I bet you can't do 8 if you lock out your arms straight every time.....it makes a massive difference!

Agreed though, Its amazing how strong some guys can get.....like the olympic gymnasts, 'kin incredible!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:05 pm

Rockape wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Preach

I bet you can't do 8 if you lock out your arms straight every time.....it makes a massive difference!

Agreed though, Its amazing how strong some guys can get.....like the olympic gymnasts, 'kin incredible!

You're right, that's how we do them. I can get 8, but that's it. My 60 y/o step dad can do 15, so this isn't me bragging trust me, cause after watching him, 8 isn't anything to brag about. :lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:47 pm

Pull ups depend on your weight too.

It’ll obviously be easier to do them if your fit and 8st than fit and 18st.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:04 pm

I'm 14 stone and can only do about 5 strict pullups. But I can deadlift and row more than most people. Whereas when I was 13 years old I could do about 20. So yeah it's all about weight ratio.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:52 pm

It is for sure. I'm 13.5 stone. Used to be able to do 10 about 5 years ago, then stopped doing them as much. Started again and could only do about 3. Got myself back up to 8 recently. It does seem that smaller people can usually do more. Or people with shorter arms have an advantage it seems. IDK, maybe not.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee