PC Help

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: PC Help

Postby Zedie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Chaps, quick question:

I've got a Corsair TX750 PSU for my PC and I've managed to lose the power cord that plugs into the 3 pin connector and then into a standard UK socket.

Given up looking, so will buy the cable but can anyone advise of I can buy a standard cable or if it needs to have specific specs?

Your advice welcome.

Edit - the power cable is a UK plug to 3 pin kettle connection....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:15 pm

Desktop connectors are standardised, so if it fits, it should do the job.

What you're looking for is the C13 connector with a C14 inlet and a type G plug.

To make sure you're safe you can run a little test -

Plug in your new connector;
Turn on your system;
Let your system run for approximately an hour;
Touch the cable;

If the cable feels warm to the touch, you might want to get a higher quality cable.

If you want to exclude the above from being possible, don't buy your connector in a dodgy store. :thumbsup:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Phil71 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:21 pm

Zenith wrote:Desktop connectors are standardised, so if it fits, it should do the job.

What you're looking for is the C13 connector with a C14 inlet and a type G plug.

Turn on your system;
Touch the cable;

If the cable feels warm to the touch, you might want to get a higher quality cable.

If you want to exclude the above from being possible, don't buy your connector in a dodgy store. :thumbsup:

That includes Chinese outlets on eBay or amazon.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Zenith wrote:Desktop connectors are standardised, so if it fits, it should do the job.

Turn on your system;
Touch the cable;

That includes Chinese outlets on eBay or amazon.

Or overpriced bs like Monster cables.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:06 am

Turn on your system;
Touch the cable;

Yep you should be fine, even on the look of it they come looking pretty identical, if its from the UK with a standard 3 pin then its domestic standard good to go.

I had to buy a new one myself, my PC is right back against the wall and my PSU was popping at the connection point mainly because the cord was sticking against the wall and leaning puting pressure on the PSU socket.

I bought a replacement where the port cord is left facing from the PSU socket so there is no pressing of the cable against the wall.

Been working fine ever since.

If the cable fits, then it shouldn't be a problem, its just a cable at the end of the day, the spec bit is more in the plug socket and as i said if its British standard, it'll be fine.

This is what I bought so now the PC can be pressed close to the wall.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:22 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Turn on your system;
Touch the cable;

Yep you should be fine, even on the look of it they come looking pretty identical, if its from the UK with a standard 3 pin then its domestic standard good to go.

I had to buy a new one myself, my PC is right back against the wall and my PSU was popping at the connection point mainly because the cord was sticking against the wall and leaning puting pressure on the PSU socket.

I bought a replacement where the port cord is left facing from the PSU socket so there is no pressing of the cable against the wall.

Been working fine ever since.

If the cable fits, then it shouldn't be a problem, its just a cable at the end of the day, the spec bit is more in the plug socket and as i said if its British standard, it'll be fine.

This is what I bought so now the PC can be pressed close to the wall.

Found the same at screwfix website, so going straight there in the morning.

Haven't had a PC for fecking months, I was so ready to turn it on again after having to make do with my phone.

Might treat myself to football manager 2020 when it comes out
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:23 am

Cheers for all the responses btw. Although you lot have now got me eyeing up my actual kettle for its cable now...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:32 am

Lol at pc breaking down

My pc is as old as my tv and still works fine

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13