driving test saga

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: driving test saga

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:52 am

Fail?..... :lol:
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby IMF » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am

My little brother took 7 attempts or something ridiculous to pass his test.

I passed on my 2nd attempt.

First attempt the instructor (fat old moron) that I was with had a car which the second gear just wouldn't go in easily. I told him it was on it's way out and he said it was perfectly fine. Half way through the test some moron smashed into the back of me and void the test as I hadn't done my second main manouver yet!!! The instructor who's car it was looked gutted but he deserved it for teaching learners in a car with a busted gearbox. I had 1 minor up to the accident.

Second attempt I took it on a Saturday so had to pay a little extra as I got a voucher from my first test. Took it at Wanstead which at the time had the highest failure rate and I passed with 9 minors. Thought I'd failed as I curbed the car slightly when the examiner asked me to park on a bendy hill in South Woodford. What kind of examiner asks a learner to park on a bendy hill?? And he made me reverse round the corner from a flat road going onto a steep hill road. No wonder Wanstead had the highest failure rate!
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Dejan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:Fail?..... :lol:

yeh dawg. Feels awful.
For me, I thought it went OK, not bad not good. I had a lesson before exam and i drove a little bit rushed. So I told myself to chill the f**k out. So when we wanted to start, i was pretty nervous, so i when i wanted to drive off, It just didnt wanted to go and i was like wtf.. then the examinator said, you're foot is on the brake... FAIL.

I must say i had quite an easy road. But i had 1 big fault.. We went trough macdonalds and wanted to hit the main road again.. It was very busy and I was waiting and waiting.. On the main road were 3 drivingparts and me obvious must go on the right one(left probably for u). So, I wanted to go, Right lane was free, but then just when I wanted to go, some car who was driving in the middle lane went to the right lane.. just when i wanted to enter goddamned ffs idiot. So the examinator had to pull the brake. :angry: And I had 1 more small fault, I forgot to look for the bycicle lane.

And I drove a little bit slow. Had to put a little more speed on the highway.

f**k this feels awful :crybaby:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby IMF » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:28 pm

Sounds like you had several major faults there. You should get a better instructor or pay someone else to take your test if that's cheaper.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby elkanofan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Dejan wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:Fail?..... :lol:

yeh dawg. Feels awful.
For me, I thought it went OK, not bad not good. I had a lesson before exam and i drove a little bit rushed. So I told myself to chill the f**k out. So when we wanted to start, i was pretty nervous, so i when i wanted to drive off, It just didnt wanted to go and i was like wtf.. then the examinator said, you're foot is on the brake... FAIL.

I must say i had quite an easy road. But i had 1 big fault.. We went trough macdonalds and wanted to hit the main road again.. It was very busy and I was waiting and waiting.. On the main road were 3 drivingparts and me obvious must go on the right one(left probably for u). So, I wanted to go, Right lane was free, but then just when I wanted to go, some car who was driving in the middle lane went to the right lane.. just when i wanted to enter goddamned ffs idiot. So the examinator had to pull the brake. :angry: And I had 1 more small fault, I forgot to look for the bycicle lane.

And I drove a little bit slow. Had to put a little more speed on the highway.

f**k this feels awful :crybaby:

I know how it feels man, hey i listed my failures here in this thread. feels awful, you full of regret, wishing you'd never made that mistake. At the moment you can't see the road ahead, but don't look at the past, look towards the future now. What happen has happened and it's now time to learn from your mistakes and become a stronger and better driver from it, even if the mistakes where harsh.

Get another test booked now, maybe change instructor and focus on what you have, focus on what you can get in the future, not on what you could of had because thats not what life is about, it's about learning from our mistakes and becoming stronger :) . This is what these failures where trying to ram into me!

I can see from your comments just like me i feel as if your a little embarrased you haven't passed already, you put extra pressure on yourself, you feel that bit more nervous than you are used to. Since you seem a very level headed, down to earth relaxed guy, with a unique opinion. This is about harnessing your nerves like i did. You will pass, don't think of it as a massive challenge, don't make it into mount everest. see it for what it is, a performace, a demonstration that you can drive for 40 minutes (i think, maybe it's shorter in Netherlands, not sure)
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:52 pm

thing is, bikers piss me off, they never brake

if a car slows down on front, u brake!!!

the cyclist goes steamin forward then, nearly crashes into you, then starts mouthing off. d***head

*generalisation*
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:04 pm

You probably knock them off.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:42 pm

I passed my test first time on Jan the 31st but I was very, very lucky.

I had 4 minors, 2 of which came at one mini roundabout when I forgot I was still in 2nd gear and try to go off in it. I stalled twice in the middle of the mini roundabout but I was lucky the only vehicle coming from the right was a bus turning left, meaning I held no traffic up at all.

My examiner was really laidback, young and casual though, even my instructor said I should've failed!
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby gunRAR » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:56 am

dejan you knob no wonder you had a panic attack after taking E few days after you failed your test. you need to be happy to do it :D but yeah man dont worry you will get there. i havent driven after passing my test. i sometimes wish i had failed so i would get to drive. (insurance is a f***ing ripoff when you are 19)
gunRAR
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Sims wrote:I passed my test first time on Jan the 31st but I was very, very lucky.

I had 4 minors, 2 of which came at one mini roundabout when I forgot I was still in 2nd gear and try to go off in it. I stalled twice in the middle of the mini roundabout but I was lucky the only vehicle coming from the right was a bus turning left, meaning I held no traffic up at all.

My examiner was really laidback, young and casual though, even my instructor said I should've failed!

Well done, but i'd take more lessons until your fully confident. Bad shit always happens to people who pass 1st time when they aren't ready.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pen » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Sims wrote:I passed my test first time on Jan the 31st but I was very, very lucky.

It was only a small roundabout, I was always told that as long as you followed the correct procedure when starting up again and showed that it was a one off then you can't really fail for it. You didn't pass by luck, anyone that passes their driving test has shown that they have the correct driving ability to be on the road and won't be a danger to others.

Anyway I passed my test last Friday, first time as well which I was a bit surprised at, wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, and it was the quickest 40 minutes ever.
Pen
Patrick Vieira

Postby Git » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:25 am

Another one on Monday. Haven't had a practice lesson since my last test.

Don't give a f**k anymore, therefore I shall pass.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Mon May 07, 2012 11:01 am

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f***ing hell jesus sweet baby maria. After 1 year and 2 months..
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebuddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Git how about you?
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Mon May 07, 2012 11:02 am

Oh, I passed on the 30th April.

Forgot to mention. :lol:

7 minors. My examiner was an awesome Australian guy though. I love him.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Mon May 07, 2012 11:06 am

i had a woman, extremely friendly. Like over the top friendly, what a blessing she is :).
When I failed my test, I had an asshole. Everyone thinks he's an asshole, even my driver said it.
He only does nice when its a girl doing the test, patethic

but I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i had like 4 minors.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee