So, like... why did you join GW?

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

So, like... why did you join GW?

Postby gzagee » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:41 am

What made you join Goonerswrold?

Moi? I was a member of AManiacs but rarely posted. Couldn't get with the hierarcial system.
I remember one night wanting to vent my anger/ pain at the loss to Bin Dippers in CL Qrt final.
Didn't feel comfortable with AManiacs so decided to join this place.

Felt like the odd one at first, but I decided to stick it out. Just felt wanted.

What's your story?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: So, like... why did you join GW?

Postby gooneritis » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:16 am

Been looking for a good forum for ages, one that'll accept my utter drivvle, 'minority' opinions and sharp tongue.
a forum i used to use was perfect but wasn't used all that often. most well used gooner websites were bogged down with glory hunters and idiots.
was shocked when i found this place, a well used forum, which looks great, easily navigatable and mainly filled with very intelligent and die hard gooners (as opposed to "fans" who admitted they used to support united/liverpool).

this is a great forum, the best arsenal one on the net.
and whilst my say how i see it style has gotten me into rucks with a few on here, i love you all really ( :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :lol: :hiding: )
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cheese » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:34 am

Was a regular on the OnlineGooner, but it was having so many troubles and kept crashing that another member called REG, invited me over to GW. Instantly loved the place, was made to feel welcome strait away and was made a MOD within a month. The rest is history.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:09 am

Long story.......

To summarise, forum wars!

Cheese was a mod within a month, I was within a day!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Eusebio14 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:41 am

IMF invited me :-)
Eusebio14
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Q8 Gooner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:56 am

I was looking for a good forum where i get to know some real Gooners.. Being from Kuwait, There r not a lot of die hard Gooners here, most r glory hunters.. So discussing Arsenal issues are pointless with them.. Some of them don't understand how big the rivalry with the yids!!
So I thought about looking for a forum to meet real gooners.. I tried a few forums.. never enjoyed them.. But this one is great.. I even met IMF and Smooth when I was in London last Oct which was great.. I hope to meet them and other members when i come next Jan..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby dunkdafunk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:02 am

To be honest i was looking for a stream link, on one of my random Saturdays off work. Really didnt like the first place i found, was hard to navigate around. And everyone was proper dissing Eboue durig the booing saga.
Then during the week there was a CLgame, i tried to watch again, a link on here worked. And people seemed to be talking sense on here. Even the ones who were dissing Eboue were talking some sence.

I fell this forum has helped me become a better gooner. After years of being too poor for sky, working weekends. My only commentry on Arsenal was that negative drivvle coming out of Alan Hansen's mouth on MOTD, and the odd Champions League tie (when one of the other english teams were not also playing on that night as they would get the ITV spot leaving the game i want to watch on the one channel i couldnt get).

Thank you Goonersworld
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Fordy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:21 am

gzagee wrote:What made you join Goonerswrold?

I ask myself that everyday
Fordy

Postby foxy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:44 am

Just wanted somewhere to post utter crap. Iv heard of "the other" forum but have never visited it. This one came up when i was looking for a stream last season. Kinda stuck around since
Aaron Ramsey's magic, he wears an Arsenal hat. Sir Alex said come play for me but Aaron said f**k that. Ramsey is a Gooners fan, he wears his shirt with pride, he plays for Arsenal FC, red and white army by his side!
foxy
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonergirl171 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:07 am

I'm actually a member of a few forums, with the main one having been Arsenal-Mania but I really love this place also so I'm still getting used to being a regular on this site.

There are many positives about this place which make me continually visit( I'll try chipping in some more soon!):

- The layout is beautiful, and aesthetically in my opinion the best Arsenal forum on the net.
- There are more sections such as the general chat thread which AM only restricts to mods and the like.
- The posters here are very friendly
- I like the comps, games, and other Arsenal chat.

May add more :)
Goonergirl171
Patrick Vieira

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:14 am

Was fed up with the fans on 606 who all seemed to believe that Arsenal were founded in 1996!
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:29 am

Was a member of the Sun forums, was actually pretty good for a while because each team has its own sub forum so there was a lot of banter.

Then it just turned in to ridiculous drivel, spanners and spammers everywhere, including SE13 who popped up saying come and join Goonersworld, so i did and have never looked back :lol:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:33 am

gunngunn wrote:spammers everywhere, including SE13 who popped up saying come and join Goonersworld

Are you sure that was me? Image

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:34 am

SE13 wrote:
gunngunn wrote:spammers everywhere, including SE13 who popped up saying come and join Goonersworld

Indeed, went under the name LewishamGooner and said you were a mod over here...

Must have been pissed at the time... :P
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:19 pm

gunngunn wrote:
SE13 wrote:

Indeed, went under the name LewishamGooner and said you were a mod over here...

Must have been pissed at the time... :P

Not me guv, not a name I use anywhere......

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Next

Return to The Harambee