When the shit hits the fan...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: When the shit hits the fan...

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:40 pm

starmandb wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Welcome! BYB...bring your own bullets!

The diamond dogs are poachers and they hide behind trees
Hunt you to the ground they will, mannequins with kill appeal...

Oh mate
All these years I thought he was singing killer pills rather than kill appeal. Never been a great one for lyrics. When Bowie died I was really annoyed with the radio saying about how he turned to face the strange. I always thought it was strain

Killer pills sound quite tasty about now! :sneaky2: His lyrics are almost cryptic at times. Take Aladdin Sane the song. I had a vague idea that it was about war all these years then I saw him do it for the Bridge School series in NYC and he explained it was about returning from WWI and it all clicked. One that still has me a bit confused but I think I have general gist is Cygnet Commitee. Sure it is about the death of Flower Power and shit, but how he frames it by wandering all over the landscape is an insight to his mindset back then I guess. And yet it was written about the same time he was doing his free concert hippy dippy stuff in Bromley. For me his command of English and obscure references combined with brillaint melodies and riffs is what made him. If you wanted to know what the trends in music were going to be two years on, all we had to do was check out what he was up to at least till the late 80's when music as whole sucumbed to drum machines and boy bands.

Wrong thread sorry...but I often muse what he would make of the world today. I disagreed with his stated politics when he let slip, yet a glimpse into his takes was always and still is quite interesting compared to some hormonal rocker like Jagger who has little to say about anything that matters.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:13 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
VCC wrote:
VCC wrote:How many acres of land do you have PRISS

We have 50 acres. Not huge but enough.

Can do a lot with that , i have 10 which is enough to easily be self sustained, water is the most important thing

Are you N or S island? Year round gardening? We were supposed to visit NZ Jan 2021 but C19 f***ked up those plans early on. We were headed to Nelson to stay with some folks who new my dad back in the day and do some fishing.

No doubt you can get by on 10 acres. We bought this place about a year ago because it has a live spring creek full of trout (50k gal per minute the heads 1/2 mile up and is 100% pure, our water comes direct from it). We have 20 acres of pine and the rest in pasture. Lots of deer, elk and bear to hunt plus pheasant, grouse and waterfowl. There is a 1/2 acre garden plus chicken and pig pens. We bought a couple beef cows last fall. Nothing but larger ranches and a few neighbors around.

Our kids had convinced us to move from rural Livingston MT to Bozeman MT three years back and we hated it, too suburban and nuts with the huge migrations from CA and other places. They brought petty crime, drunk drivers and lots of illegal aliens (who brought gangs) as labor to build their Crypto-mansions. Anyway the housing appreciated to insane levels so we sold there and bought a place dead center of MT outside a small town full of great folks. Lots of work restoring the house but lost of fun doing so. Sitting here watching a raging blizzard outside with wood stoves aglowing.

We used to shake our heads at the crazy off gridders that abound here...hell the Uni-Bomber was one! Now we kind of think they had a point. Hope not but the last place I would like to be living ever again is in a city or suburb.

NI we are properties at both ends 2 acres at the bottom and 10 acres at the top, an acre in bush have a creek and two ponds run sheep and beef,
Do you generate power off your creek?
The old guy that farms around us wants me to take on his 70 acres he is set to retire soon i have said i would but for time being i am back and forward up the island, and same i could not stand another neighbour i have been in the country for too long
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:10 pm

I guess we could generate some power off it, but it is rather wide and any modifictions require a permit now. We do have solar that runs my shop for now. We are putting in a 1000 gallon gas storage tank this summer and have a Polaris Ranger that runs on Lithium batteries and has solar pannels on the roof or can be plugged in to AC.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:55 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I guess we could generate some power off it, but it is rather wide and any modifictions require a permit now. We do have solar that runs my shop for now. We are putting in a 1000 gallon gas storage tank this summer and have a Polaris Ranger that runs on Lithium batteries and has solar pannels on the roof or can be plugged in to AC.

Maybe you should think about wind as an energy source.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:33 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I guess we could generate some power off it, but it is rather wide and any modifictions require a permit now. We do have solar that runs my shop for now. We are putting in a 1000 gallon gas storage tank this summer and have a Polaris Ranger that runs on Lithium batteries and has solar pannels on the roof or can be plugged in to AC.

We have, but our place is very sheltered along the creek so there is lots of wind up on tne ridge but not down here.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:38 pm

Serbia is military neutral so I'm not that concerned. Close ties with Russia but closer economic ties with EU + we will never join NATO so if shit hits the fan I'm hoping we can be the new Switzerland.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Rockape » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:41 pm

Phil71 wrote:

We have, but our place is very sheltered along the creek so there is lots of wind up on tne ridge but not down here.

Invite Jay over....he's full of hot air!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:13 pm

There is meeting in our town this weekend to discuss forming a militia designed to support the residents and defend the area from whomever including city folks looking for resourses. The Army National Guard will not commit officially but local level commanders have indicate that they would be in. Huge county with only about ten ways in or out so it wouold be fairly easy to secure. We even have about 30 nuke missile silos! (Not that they would be of use beyond being targets).
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:19 pm

Well...when Arsenal go two down at home to Brighton the best therapy is cutting and splitting firewood. A chord in the rack. If they lose five more I am set for next fall.

Wife made elk brisket in her Dutch oven on the wood stove last week. It was wonderful pulled and served over wild rice. Bring on the Biden depression...we are ready. :arse flag.gif:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:20 pm

im dutch and what the f**k is a dutch oven
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:46 pm

Dejan wrote:im dutch and what the f**k is a dutch oven

Its when you fart in bed and put the mrs head under the blankets
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:22 pm

VCC wrote:

:lol:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:21 am

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas ... lsrc=aw.ds

Very cool type of cast iron pot that they used back in the day. You can bake in it, stew in it. For baking one places campfire coals on the top. We slow cook on the wood stove mostly.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:28 am

Phil71 wrote:
VCC wrote:

:lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4jNagJvHrJ8
VCC