In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today...

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:24 pm

UFGN wrote:I'm not saying anyone did anything or didn't do anything because I don't know all the facts

But I will say this:

Evidence based on what is said to a psychiatrist in a treatment setting is not good evidence in my opinion. If I went to see a psychiatrist and told them I was depressed because I used to be a hedgehog, and now I've turned into a human and I miss being a hedgehog, then that's zero proof I was ever a hedgehog. Even if I was in fact depressed, there's still no proof I was ever a hedgehog.

I'll take it further. This could be the old 'I'll write a doctors sick note' to get out of work.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:38 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
22-0 wrote:Not saying hes guilty but it was 3 different women or that was fake news?

Yep, I believe there are other accusers so if he is guilty he should get caught. No idea if they were all overseas.

But someone did say the accusers had been in contact with eachother and have messaged each other on social media in private. Not sure if that is true but I can see how that could be problematic.

Wtf is all this?

"I believe" ...."I heard" ....."Is there more than one" ......"Someone said"

This is what passes for public opinion these days? has nobody learned anything over their years on this planet?

We've got one of two scenarios, either Partey a married, religious, rich footballer is a serial rapist ...... yep, think about that for a second.

.......or, we've got a couple of gold digging hood rats who are supposedly messaging each other online conspiring for a pay day, which if this goes to a Jury Court will be heavily used against them to the point where a judge may even have to throw it out, but then again nobody ever accused gold digging hood rats of having half a brain between them.

One is highly unlikely, the other is a usual occurrence hence my level of scepticism, if its true then these ladies have been proven to not be what I mentioned above, if not, they should face a sentence because these accusations get let go way too many times.

Definitely giving Partey a pass until its PROVEN otherwise, if its proven he loses any and all sympathies, if not, its business as usual.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
22-0 wrote:Not saying hes guilty but it was 3 different women or that was fake news?

Yep, I believe there are other accusers so if he is guilty he should get caught. No idea if they were all overseas.

But someone did say the accusers had been in contact with eachother and have messaged each other on social media in private. Not sure if that is true but I can see how that could be problematic.

Wtf is all this?

This is what passes for public opinion these days? has nobody learned anything over their years on this planet?

We've got one of two scenarios, either Partey a married, religious, rich footballer is a serial rapist ...... yep, think about that for a second.

.......or, we've got a couple of gold digging hood rats who are supposedly messaging each other online conspiring for a pay day, which if this goes to a Jury Court will be heavily used against them to the point where a judge may even have to throw it out, but then again nobody ever accused gold digging hood rats of having half a brain between them.

One is highly unlikely, the other is a usual occurrence hence my level of scepticism, if its true then these ladies have been proven to not be what I mentioned above, if not, they should face a sentence because these accusations get let go way too many times.

Definitely giving Partey a pass until its PROVEN otherwise, if its proven he loses any and all sympathies, if not, its business as usual.

Another problem with the internet. Jumping to conclusions. Relax. I've been arguing this point with Yorkyblue all morning.

Power n Glory wrote:Meh, take it to court and not the court of public opinion.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:55 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Wtf is all this?

Another problem with the internet. Jumping to conclusions. Relax. I've been arguing this point with Yorkyblue all morning.

I'm just pointing out, reading over the last few pages all I'm seeing is speculation, not even direct reports from a court with evidence etc like lets say the Depp vs Heard case, its just pure hearsay at this point.

......... and in this day and age hearsay is as bad as its ever been, Twitter Court cases and made up online evidence etc.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Wtf is all this?

I'm just pointing out, reading over the last few pages all I'm seeing is speculation, not even direct reports from a court with evidence etc like lets say the Depp vs Heard case, its just pure hearsay at this point.

......... and in this day and age hearsay is as bad as its ever been, Twitter Court cases and made up online evidence etc.

That's been my point all morning and my initial reaction.

[/quote]

Talk to Yorkyblue ffs. Don't shoot my way. .
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:26 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Wtf is all this?

Why a gold digger? She’s lost any chance of money she’s supposedly been given already by speaking out as she felt the truth needed to be heard. Gold digger doesn’t fit here.

Mendy is also religious. Let him off he must be innocent!

Do you also give Man City a pass until PROVEN otherwise?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Clarkey T » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:39 am

I read a screen shot of a letter or email on Twitter regarding the Non Disclose Aggy and it was strange to see they call him 'Thomas' at first and then 'Tom' after, I have never seen a professional document do that before.

I found the way the victim talks about it in the texts was strange, along the lines of - 'you've assaulted me' which I guess is why some people think she wants money as you would think she be going to the police rather than messaging him.

However, unless you have been raped, you don't know how it affects you, so i am not going to write her off as a liar, because regardless of if she's lying or not - the grillings / death wishes she's received will put victims off speaking out because they feel they wont be believed.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:13 am

A lot of stuff she has Tweeted doesn't make sense. She has said she was raped twice, last year she won a civil case against him and that's where the money and NDA has come from. But then she has said he settled. But I didn't think an NDA could be used to cover up a rape. From what I've seen, UK wouldn't allow that.

Then the whole legal jurisdiction thing doesn't make sense. First she said the UK don't have jurisdiction to investigate further and let her down but later on she said it's the Spanish and she can pursue her case over here in London if she wants to.

A lot this makes no sense. A report came out saying club will continue to play accused player. They must think it's BS as well.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:31 am

Power n Glory wrote:A lot of stuff she has Tweeted doesn't make sense. She has said she was raped twice, last year she won a civil case against him and that's where the money and NDA has come from. But then she has said he settled. But I didn't think an NDA could be used to cover up a rape. From what I've seen, UK wouldn't allow that.

Then the whole legal jurisdiction thing doesn't make sense. First she said the UK don't have jurisdiction to investigate further and let her down but later on she said it's the Spanish and she can pursue her case over here in London if she wants to.

A lot this makes no sense. A report came out saying club will continue to play accused player. They must think it's BS as well.

The crux of her argument was that UK police didn't have jurisdiction in Spain but 10 days later they magically did. But she can't use them now because its ex post facto. From what I see, she didn't even try to go to the police in Spain (Which I would have thought would be the most logical thing to do rather than go to the embassy). It does't make any sense. And as Judge Judy famously says " 'If it doesn't make sense, it probably isn't true."
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:40 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:A lot of stuff she has Tweeted doesn't make sense. She has said she was raped twice, last year she won a civil case against him and that's where the money and NDA has come from. But then she has said he settled. But I didn't think an NDA could be used to cover up a rape. From what I've seen, UK wouldn't allow that.

The crux of her argument was that UK police didn't have jurisdiction in Spain but 10 days later they magically did. But she can't use them now because its ex post facto. From what I see, she didn't even try to go to the police in Spain (Which I would have thought would be the most logical thing to do rather than go to the embassy). It does't make any sense. And as Judge Judy famously says " 'If it doesn't make sense, it probably isn't true."

She's now saying there was a law change in Spain and it's the Spanish police that won't take it further. The UK police are now telling her to press on. Sounds like nonsense. Very inconsistent and she should stop Tweeting.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:18 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

I think it’s on the previous page but I posted a pic about her contact with the Spanish police when it happened.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:18 pm

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:43 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:https://twitter.com/MPSBarnet/status/1554853955917824000?t=lLQLlpnruFqD3-Fc3WLwMA&s=19

^ first tweet in a thread

So the police basically confirmed what she was saying.

No wonder women dont come forward but its not helped by the ones lying for when there is real cases.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:23 pm

Salman Rushdie stabbed by an attacker in New York

The seriousness of his condition has not been reported yet
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Ach » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:59 pm

What is the world coming to when a 9 year old girl is shot and killed in her own home?

Reading about it on the BBC site and it just sickens me
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee