In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: Re: In the news today....

Postby Ach » Wed May 25, 2022 7:10 am

USA has to be seen as a third world country

The powers that be don't care about stuff like this

This guy can't go buy a beer but guns are ok?

I have family in Texas with kids this age. They are absolutely shocked cos it easily could've been the school their kids go to.

Scumbag country
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed May 25, 2022 6:08 pm

Thats terrifying
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 26, 2022 7:46 pm

Rockape wrote:I’m a 60yr old bloke who isn’t prone to being emotional, but seeing the pictures of the children who’ve had their young lives wiped out by this piece of shit, just makes me want to cry.

How can it be possible that an 18 yr old can buy two assault rifles and a back pack full of ammo….. it just defies belief! Stupid, stupid Americans!

So what's Biden going to do about it?

Show's how corrupt they are, Democrats are supposed to be anti-guns, they've had around 5 different incidents of high level press and what do they do? nothing.

Where is the vote, where is the referendum to at least test the publics gauge on the subject?

Nothing, just talk, as per usual.

Truth is Washington don't give a sht if the American public slaughter each other, they care about gun profits.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu May 26, 2022 7:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Rockape wrote:I’m a 60yr old bloke who isn’t prone to being emotional, but seeing the pictures of the children who’ve had their young lives wiped out by this piece of shit, just makes me want to cry.

How can it be possible that an 18 yr old can buy two assault rifles and a back pack full of ammo….. it just defies belief! Stupid, stupid Americans!

Show's how corrupt they are, Democrats are supposed to be anti-guns, they've had around 5 different incidents of high level press and what do they do? nothing.

Where is the vote, where is the referendum to at least test the publics gauge on the subject?

Truth is Washington don't give a sht if the American public slaughter each other, they care about gun profits.

Trump was right, they are the do-nothing democrats. They have only a handful of months with Congress fully in their hands, they need to at least try something to restrict these guns from getting into the hands of nutters.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Thu May 26, 2022 8:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

How are they supposed to get anything on gun control through Congress? Seriously?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Ach » Thu May 26, 2022 8:43 pm

Husband of a teacher who died protecting kids in the shooting has died of a heart attack

They had 4 kids

Tragic
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 27, 2022 1:02 am

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

How are they supposed to get anything on gun control through Congress? Seriously?

That's always the excuse.

They make out like Congress is made up of purely Republicans, its almost 50/50.

Fact is they never even try or lobby for it, they're corrupt as fk, the reason they never try is because deep down they don't want to end gun sales because it makes up part of the American economy, just like cigarrettes and alcohol and every thing else they tax.

Lets not forget both parties are lobbied / bought off by the same people, they're two faces of the same coin.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri May 27, 2022 2:03 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

That's always the excuse.

They make out like Congress is made up of purely Republicans, its almost 50/50.

Fact is they never even try or lobby for it, they're corrupt as fk, the reason they never try is because deep down they don't want to end gun sales because it makes up part of the American economy, just like cigarrettes and alcohol and every thing else they tax.

Lets not forget both parties are lobbied / bought off by the same people, they're two faces of the same coin.

The only meaningful way to change things at the federal level is with constitutional change, which requires TWO THIRDS majority. The Second Amendment needs to be struck down or radically changed. No other way.

You're going to have to put down your anti left wank mags for once and accept that this is a problem which is hugely disproportionately caused by the right.

If constitutional change was attempted by Biden it would be a complete waste of time because REPUBLICANS would block it. They would never get enough support from republicans to effect constitutional change.

That's a fact.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Fri May 27, 2022 6:46 am

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Funny you normally live in the past - now you suddenly forget - Nancy Pelosi (yup same bitch) was first elected speaker in the House in 2007 when for the next two years the Democrats had a majority in both the House and Congress - did they tackle gun control? Did they feck, instead they started a troop surge in Iraq massively supporting the gun lobby, under the Dems there was a near 20% increase in private gun ownership over the next four years 2007-11, this figure remained fairly constant under Obama then declined slightly under Trump, now under Biden it's shooting back up .... go figure

How are they supposed to get anything done - you're having a laugh - they have no intention of doing anything, not when they had the power and not now.

US politics is fecked - indeed the US is fecked - the sooner we all cut ties the better.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri May 27, 2022 9:45 am

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Funny you normally live in the past - now you suddenly forget - Nancy Pelosi (yup same bitch) was first elected speaker in the House in 2007 when for the next two years the Democrats had a majority in both the House and Congress - did they tackle gun control? Did they feck, instead they started a troop surge in Iraq massively supporting the gun lobby, under the Dems there was a near 20% increase in private gun ownership over the next four years 2007-11, this figure remained fairly constant under Obama then declined slightly under Trump, now under Biden it's shooting back up .... go figure

How are they supposed to get anything done - you're having a laugh - they have no intention of doing anything, not when they had the power and not now.

US politics is fecked - indeed the US is fecked - the sooner we all cut ties the better.

Well I agree with your last sentence but stop trying to put an obviously right wing problem onto the left and pretending it's somehow their fault

Did they have a two thirds majority so they could enact constitutional change? If not, would the republicans have helped them?

No and no.

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Fri May 27, 2022 11:30 am

UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Well I agree with your last sentence but stop trying to put an obviously right wing problem onto the left and pretending it's somehow their fault

Did they have a two thirds majority so they could enact constitutional change? If not, would the republicans have helped them?

No and no.

The 2/3rds majority is not required when you have House, Senate and President .... but you're right they cant do anything in the current impasse, which will only get worse come November ....

Most legal gun owners are Republican that's true, the vast majority of illegal guns are in Democratic controlled states and cities - so why is it all a Republican problem again?

The reality is Biden will now say "We are coming after your guns" that will lead to a massive INCREASE in gun sales, Biden and the Dems will then once again do nothing leaving an additional 30k-40k guns on the streets with no changes in the law. Don't believe me? the stock market is already factoring it in ..... just watch and learn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/05/26/gun-ammo-stocks-texas-shooting/
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri May 27, 2022 12:21 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No and no.

The 2/3rds majority is not required when you have House, Senate and President .... but you're right they cant do anything in the current impasse, which will only get worse come November ....

Most legal gun owners are Republican that's true, the vast majority of illegal guns are in Democratic controlled states and cities - so why is it all a Republican problem again?

The reality is Biden will now say "We are coming after your guns" that will lead to a massive INCREASE in gun sales, Biden and the Dems will then once again do nothing leaving an additional 30k-40k guns on the streets with no changes in the law. Don't believe me? the stock market is already factoring it in ..... just watch and learn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/05/26/gun-ammo-stocks-texas-shooting/

If a law is passed, which is later deemed by the SC to be unconstitutional, then that law can not stand. Unless 2A is replaced by a new amendment, then that's exactly what would happen

Hence the need for two thirds support which the republicans will never help with.

Which is precisely why both Obama and Biden were and are reduced to trotting out worthless rhetoric.

The right just love their guns more than they love the idea of kids not getting shot in their classrooms

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 27, 2022 6:38 pm

UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No and no.

If a law is passed, which is later deemed by the SC to be unconstitutional, then that law can not stand. Unless 2A is replaced by a new amendment, then that's exactly what would happen

Hence the need for two thirds support which the republicans will never help with.

Which is precisely why both Obama and Biden were and are reduced to trotting out worthless rhetoric.

The right just love their guns more than they love the idea of kids not getting shot in their classrooms

Why do you always have to resort everything to a Left vs Right issue?

The fact is this is cultural, Americans love their guns, not just Republicans.

Also how come they managed to ban guns in NY and Los Angeles without a constitutional change then?

We all know why they did it, but what's to stop those rules rolling out across America?

Also when I say cultural, in Texas etc not everyone there is Republican, same as in Ohio etc, fact is the less urban areas of America whether Dem or Repub love their guns.

Most Dems however are based in the East and West coast areas where you can't have guns so they don't have the same affection for them as Mid West states do.

The other areas don't want to give up their guns, the Dems in LA and NY don't have any to give up hence why they're happy to be anti-guns a bit like us in the UK, I bet you could find Republican New yorkers who don't care much for guns either, you don't miss what you never had kind of thing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri May 27, 2022 6:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No and no.

Why do you always have to resort everything to a Left vs Right issue?

The fact is this is cultural, Americans love their guns, not just Republicans.

Also how come they managed to ban guns in NY and Los Angeles without a constitutional change then?

We all know why they did it, but what's to stop those rules rolling out across America?

Also when I say cultural, in Texas etc not everyone there is Republican, same as in Ohio etc, fact is the less urban areas of America whether Dem or Repub love their guns.

Most Dems however are based in the East and West coast areas where you can't have guns so they don't have the same affection for them as Mid West states do.

The other areas don't want to give up their guns, the Dems in LA and NY don't have any to give up hence why they're happy to be anti-guns a bit like us in the UK, I bet you could find Republican New yorkers who don't care much for guns either, you don't miss what you never had kind of thing.

So to summarise your post:

Democratic states have generally made more progress in restricting guns. States can only do so much to restrict guns within their own borders as the constitution stands.

People who live in rural areas (who are more likely to be republican) are more likely to want to have guns

......you can never bring yourself to criticise the right can you? Everything is the fault of the left, until it's blatantly the fault of the right, and then in your opinion it's suddenly not a left Vs right issue. Convenient. Are you Ted Cruz in disguise? He tried to pull that one yesterday. Claimed that gun control isn't a political issue..... funnily enough he happens to be a republican and happens to take donations from the NRA

UFGN

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri May 27, 2022 9:18 pm

FFS, deal in facts. Dem states and cities with more restrictive gun laws have HIGHER gun crime rates by a huge margin. The issue is social in nature and tied to lax crime prosecution, family structure (lack thereof) and a diminished sense of community. The Dems play at gun control rhetoric as a political tool.

The facts are quite obvious when actually examined with emotion set aside (which very hard when we are all sickened by such shootings). More lives are saved from criminals by law abiding gun owners by a huge margin than are taken by criminals or nutters with guns, and that are from FBI stats.

Step back, use logic rather than emotion and look at results of policies and bad laws. Ask why in places such as the Bahamas, Central America, even the UK all have far greater instances of gun violence year over year despite bans.

Yes Americans do own guns, and that is across party lines. The second amendment and any amendment to the Constitution can only be adopted or changed by 2/3 of the STATES not 2/3 of politicians. If we want a civil war or a break up of the Republic then Beto and his sort will get it. They care not a whit about the violence or they would look at facts and causes rather than emotion. Even Bernie Sanders is a big supporter of gun rights. The issue is freedom from the government when it over reaches. That is a hard for Brits to get their heads around given most have been conditioned to rolling over to the government at every turn. The government should be scared of and loyal to the citizens not the other way around.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee