General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby VCC » Tue May 24, 2022 10:19 pm

UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:I’ve just checked him out:

Albert Stuivenberg is the current assistant manager of Arsenal, having been at the club since December 2019.

Stuivenberg was born in Rotterdam, Holland in August 1970, making him 51 years old.

The Dutchman is nicknamed ‘AirPod Albert’ for his wearing of the headphones on the touchline during games.

An injury brought his playing career to an early halt after spells at SC Telstar and HFC Haarlem before he moved into coaching with Feyenoord and then the Holland Under-17 and Under-21 teams.

He seems to be very instrumental looking at the body language.

Possibly he is Bad Cop to Arteta's Good Cop

The assistant thing killed me with AW and pat rice, loved pat as a player but drove insane that he sat next to AW and detstroyed the way we used to defend, just couldnt understand it
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Tue May 24, 2022 10:27 pm

VCC wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Albert Stuivenberg is the current assistant manager of Arsenal, having been at the club since December 2019.

Stuivenberg was born in Rotterdam, Holland in August 1970, making him 51 years old.

The Dutchman is nicknamed ‘AirPod Albert’ for his wearing of the headphones on the touchline during games.

An injury brought his playing career to an early halt after spells at SC Telstar and HFC Haarlem before he moved into coaching with Feyenoord and then the Holland Under-17 and Under-21 teams.

The assistant thing killed me with AW and pat rice, loved pat as a player but drove insane that he sat next to AW and detstroyed the way we used to defend, just couldnt understand it

Steve Bould. How did he sleep at night presiding over that defence?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby VCC » Wed May 25, 2022 3:40 am

UFGN wrote:
VCC wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Steve Bould. How did he sleep at night presiding over that defence?

Then he took over the youth team, i dont think we have had a youth team defender come through since
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Wed May 25, 2022 5:10 am

Respect Pat and Bouldy.

:sneaky2:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Wed May 25, 2022 5:20 am

Angelito wrote:Respect Pat and Bouldy.

Loved Pat as a player but in the end he sat next to AW looking like some comedy ventriloquist act. For me i hated the end of his Arsenal career
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Wed May 25, 2022 5:57 am

Angelito wrote:Respect Pat and Bouldy.

Loved Pat as a player but in the end he sat next to AW looking like some comedy ventriloquist act. For me i hated the end of his Arsenal career
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:13 pm

I'll tell you what, plantar fasciitis is no joke. It's developed in both feet over the last three weeks or so and at times I can barely walk the pain is so bad

I've bought some Skechers Arch Fit trainers and they've made a big difference already. I've told work I won't be wearing formal shoes for the foreseeable. They can either like it or lump it
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Rockape » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:29 pm

Getting old is no joke….You should try pseudogout…..came out of nowhere in my left knee and despite draining it, steroid injections, it’s really painful still since September.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:31 pm

Rockape wrote:Getting old is no joke….You should try pseudogout…..came out of nowhere in my left knee and despite draining it, steroid injections, it’s really painful still since September.

Never heard of that. Can it lead to needing a replacement?

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:06 pm

I know you guys aren't going to believe this, but there's a sale on at DFS.

No, really

UFGN

Postby Rockape » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:59 pm

UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:Getting old is no joke….You should try pseudogout…..came out of nowhere in my left knee and despite draining it, steroid injections, it’s really painful still since September.

Me neither, it’s a build up of calcium crystals in the joint from previous trauma and all I did was turn in the kitchen causing a slight tweak. Next day I couldn’t walk! A knee replacement is a last ditch process if the knee is still in reasonable condition. Still very sore though.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:53 pm

Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Me neither, it’s a build up of calcium crystals in the joint from previous trauma and all I did was turn in the kitchen causing a slight tweak. Next day I couldn’t walk! A knee replacement is a last ditch process if the knee is still in reasonable condition. Still very sore though.

Sounds like gout
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:42 pm

VCC wrote:
Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Sounds like gout

I get gout
Terribly unsexy
Spent ages hobbling about until I went on alipurinol
Only get a twinge now when I drink something to acidy too much like cider or desperadoes
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby UFGN » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:53 pm

starmandb wrote:
VCC wrote:
Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Sounds like gout

I get gout
Terribly unsexy
Only get a twinge now when I drink something to acidy too much like cider or desperadoes

Does it give you an urge to behead the missus and eat a whole pig?

UFGN

Postby VCC » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:24 pm

starmandb wrote:
VCC wrote:
Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Sounds like gout

I get gout
Terribly unsexy

Never had gout but have mates that have played super rugby very big rigs turned to blithering messes with gout, but on the knee thing mentioned earlier i had a knee op keyhole in the front and side, and a massive cyst removed i have not felt my knee since, it is totally pain free and have total movement but no feeling its numb
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee