In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:An opportunity now to see how fked up the UK is.

I hope I'm surprised and they drop all charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hKFLPPGoE

Man was stabbing a mum outside of a school and a driver passing by hit the attacker with his car, both the attacker and the mum died.

The driver (of course, this is England) was arrested and charged with murder if you can fkin believe that sht.

He tried to save a young womans life ffs.

This establishement which I always thought was "not too bad" have the more that I've got older and learned more, have shown me how messed up they truly are.

Ever since King Charles and the monarchy got done by Cromwell and the lower classes the establishement have actively and viciously pursued a course of oppression against us with anything to do with any hint of violence ......... it doesn't matter even if your defending your own life, they will crush your rights to self defence so long as your the winner.

That's something I learned a long time ago in the courts, they don't care who broke the law or who the criminal is, they only care about keeping us cowed.

Do you know in this fked up countries rules, someone can invade your home and if you hurt them "too much" a the court will decide inch by inch, detail by detail about "how far" have you gone.

If there is one thing I fkin hate about England its the self defence laws aren't worth the paper they're printed on, you life and safety means nothing to them, they just don't want to see any assertive or victorious self defence, they'd rather you got beaten up or killed than assert your own safety.

He's not been charged with anything from what I've read.

It's fairly normal practice for the police over here to arrest someone in cases like this. After all, they can't just go on what he says - even if it's backed up by witnesses. A man has been killed, deliberately it seems by someone driving a car at him. Of course its right that the driver should be arrested and held on suspicion whilst the incident is investigated.

If what appears to have happened is established to be the apparent truth, I have little doubt that no charges will be brought against the driver.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:15 am

Phil71 wrote:He's not been charged with anything from what I've read.

It's fairly normal practice for the police over here to arrest someone in cases like this. After all, they can't just go on what he says - even if it's backed up by witnesses. A man has been killed, deliberately it seems by someone driving a car at him. Of course its right that the driver should be arrested and held on suspicion whilst the incident is investigated.

If what appears to have happened is established to be the apparent truth, I have little doubt that no charges will be brought against the driver.

We'll wait and see.

Yes of course I know an investigation has to take place but you don't necessarily have to arrest someone unless they are not being fully co-operative.

When you arrest someone you have to read them their rights and get them a solicitor and all of that, its basically what happens when your pending a charge.

He would of been arrested on suspsicion of murder, it'll be up to the Crown Prosecution on if charges will be brought, I can tell you their default position will be to bring charges.

............ I'll be very interested to see how this plays out, I know they'd rather make an example of anyone asserting any type of violence especially in self defence.

Media are already using words like "Vigalante" that's a worrying start for him.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:17 am

I'm not even going to talk about the contents of that interview. It's pure cringe and you should watch it if you want a laugh.

I'm more confused about how this genius is non-binary but wants to be referred to by female pronouns and gave himself (themself? herself?) a female name. Square that circle :crazy:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:29 pm

One of those idiots who jostled Professor Chris Whittey and took a selfie film has been given EIGHT WEEKS in jail! For that!

Nobody was harmed. Nothing was stolen. Nobody was verbally abused. Just a bit of silly drunken antics.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:39 pm

LMAO wrote:

I'm not even going to talk about the contents of that interview. It's pure cringe and you should watch it if you want a laugh.

I'm more confused about how this genius is non-binary but wants to be referred to by female pronouns and gave himself (themself? herself?) a female name. Square that circle :crazy:

That was just weird... however... if 'Doreen' was little better at articulating himself/herself/itself :dontknow: there is a shred of a point in there. Not well made, however.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:59 pm

Phil71 wrote:One of those idiots who jostled Professor Chris Whittey and took a selfie film has been given EIGHT WEEKS in jail! For that!

Nobody was harmed. Nothing was stolen. Nobody was verbally abused. Just a bit of silly drunken antics.

They have to protect the robot!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:37 pm

The Report is with BJ.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:39 pm

Goonerred wrote:The Report is with BJ.

With bits redacted.

He's making a statement about it in the House today apparently.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:36 pm

Sue Gray report - live: Boris Johnson to make statement at 3.30pm as report says some behaviour 'difficult to justify'

If he's lied to the house, he has to go. The only thing that will irk me is that sleazebag Cummngs will have done this just to get back at Johnson. He seems to have overlooked is own failings with 'eyegate'.
Goonerred

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:51 pm

May sticking the boot in, getting her back on BJ for what he did to her.
Goonerred

Postby LMAO » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:16 am

A Uyghur gets death sentence, as China bans once OK’d books

TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — As the Chinese government tightened its grip over its ethnic Uyghur population, it sentenced one man to death and three others to life in prison last year for textbooks drawn in part from historical resistance movements that had once been sanctioned by the ruling Communist Party.

An AP review of images and stories presented as problematic in a state media documentary, and interviews with people involved in editing the textbooks, found they were rooted in previously accepted narratives — two drawings are based on a 1940s movement praised by Mao Zedong, who founded the communist state in 1949. Now, as the party’s imperatives have changed, it has partially reinterpreted them with devastating consequences for individuals, while also depriving students of ready access to a part of their heritage.

It is a less publicized chapter in a wide-ranging crackdown on Uyghurs and other largely Muslim groups, which has prompted the U.S. and others to stage a diplomatic boycott of the Beijing Olympics that open Friday. Foreign experts, governments and media have documented the detention of an estimated 1 million or more people, the demolition of mosques and forced sterilization and abortion. The Chinese government denies human rights violations and says it has taken steps to eliminate separatism and extremism in its western Xinjiang region.

The attack on textbooks and the officials responsible for them shows how far the Communist Party is going to control and reshape the Uyghur community. It comes as President Xi Jinping, in the name of ethnic unity, pushes a more assimilationist policy on Tibetans, Mongolians and other ethnic groups that scales back bilingual education. Scholars and activists fear the disappearance of Uyghur cultural history, handed down in stories of heroes and villains across generations.

“There’s much more intense policing of Uyghur historic narratives now,” said David Brophy, a historian of Uyghur nationalism at the University of Sydney. “The goalposts have shifted, and rather than this being seen as a site of negotiation and tension, now it’s treated as separatist propaganda.”

Sattar Sawut, a Uyghur official who headed the Xinjiang Education Department, was sentenced to death, a court announced last April, saying he led a separatist group to create textbooks filled with ethnic hatred, violence and religious extremism that caused people to carry out violent acts in ethnic clashes in 2009. He may not be executed, as such death sentences are often commuted to life in prison after two years with good behavior.

[...]

https://apnews.com/article/entertainmen ... 6b3bcb94b1

CCP delenda est.

A free and democratic China with a strong rule of law in the vein of Taiwan would be aces (and Taiwan would probably willingly vote for reunification in that world). I'd love for China to be a cooperative ally of ours rather than an antagonistic adversary. But alas, stuff like this keeps happening. Maybe China's upcoming demographic collapse will erode the CCP's goodwill and the people will push for a less autocratic government.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:21 am

Looks like Boris has ridden the partygate wave and normal service will be resumed.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:24 am

Phil71 wrote:Looks like Boris has ridden the partygate wave and normal service will be resumed.

For now. The May elections might change things.
Goonerred

Postby Ach » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:21 pm

LMAO wrote:
A Uyghur gets death sentence, as China bans once OK’d books

TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — As the Chinese government tightened its grip over its ethnic Uyghur population, it sentenced one man to death and three others to life in prison last year for textbooks drawn in part from historical resistance movements that had once been sanctioned by the ruling Communist Party.

An AP review of images and stories presented as problematic in a state media documentary, and interviews with people involved in editing the textbooks, found they were rooted in previously accepted narratives — two drawings are based on a 1940s movement praised by Mao Zedong, who founded the communist state in 1949. Now, as the party’s imperatives have changed, it has partially reinterpreted them with devastating consequences for individuals, while also depriving students of ready access to a part of their heritage.

It is a less publicized chapter in a wide-ranging crackdown on Uyghurs and other largely Muslim groups, which has prompted the U.S. and others to stage a diplomatic boycott of the Beijing Olympics that open Friday. Foreign experts, governments and media have documented the detention of an estimated 1 million or more people, the demolition of mosques and forced sterilization and abortion. The Chinese government denies human rights violations and says it has taken steps to eliminate separatism and extremism in its western Xinjiang region.

The attack on textbooks and the officials responsible for them shows how far the Communist Party is going to control and reshape the Uyghur community. It comes as President Xi Jinping, in the name of ethnic unity, pushes a more assimilationist policy on Tibetans, Mongolians and other ethnic groups that scales back bilingual education. Scholars and activists fear the disappearance of Uyghur cultural history, handed down in stories of heroes and villains across generations.

“There’s much more intense policing of Uyghur historic narratives now,” said David Brophy, a historian of Uyghur nationalism at the University of Sydney. “The goalposts have shifted, and rather than this being seen as a site of negotiation and tension, now it’s treated as separatist propaganda.”

Sattar Sawut, a Uyghur official who headed the Xinjiang Education Department, was sentenced to death, a court announced last April, saying he led a separatist group to create textbooks filled with ethnic hatred, violence and religious extremism that caused people to carry out violent acts in ethnic clashes in 2009. He may not be executed, as such death sentences are often commuted to life in prison after two years with good behavior.

[...]

https://apnews.com/article/entertainmen ... 6b3bcb94b1

CCP delenda est.

A free and democratic China with a strong rule of law in the vein of Taiwan would be aces (and Taiwan would probably willingly vote for reunification in that world). I'd love for China to be a cooperative ally of ours rather than an antagonistic adversary. But alas, stuff like this keeps happening. Maybe China's upcoming demographic collapse will erode the CCP's goodwill and the people will push for a less autocratic government.

Ozil was right all along
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:29 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He's not been charged with anything from what I've read.

We'll wait and see.

Yes of course I know an investigation has to take place but you don't necessarily have to arrest someone unless they are not being fully co-operative.

When you arrest someone you have to read them their rights and get them a solicitor and all of that, its basically what happens when your pending a charge.

He would of been arrested on suspsicion of murder, it'll be up to the Crown Prosecution on if charges will be brought, I can tell you their default position will be to bring charges.

............ I'll be very interested to see how this plays out, I know they'd rather make an example of anyone asserting any type of violence especially in self defence.

Media are already using words like "Vigalante" that's a worrying start for him.

The driver who mowed down and killed Leon McCaskre after he stabbed his ex-partner Yasmin Chkaifi to death in the street in Maida Vale has been released without charge, the Metropolitan Police have said.

The right outcome.

It's just a shame that they tend to take far too long to come to these conclusions. Surely if there's nothing obvious in their initial investigations they can release him without charge and continue to investigate in the background if needs be, interviewing him as a witness if they need to speak to him.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 80044.html
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee