Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:22 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:I read that BoJo is lifting restrictions and that face masks and COVID passports will no longer be required.

But I was told the restrictions were a slippery slope and the UK government was using the pandemic as an excuse to curtail freedoms they wouldn't give back. Surely that wasn't conspiratorial nonsense :think:

Idiocy is strong with you.

Firstly see RG's reply which is spot on, the whole of England are saying this.

Secondly try educating yourself on the laws which have been changed or amended during the pandemic, even as we speak Bojo is trying to make it so the Govt can over turn a High Court judges decision.

Just because our politicians are more sneaky and discreet in eroding our rights than your yahoo politics doesn't mean its not happening, you just have to be smarter to keep up.

So that leaves you out.

Nah, you don't get to use RG's reply to move the goalposts. You were the one crying and reeeee-ing all over the place for at least the past year that the restrictions and losses of freedoms were going to be in place forever. Doesn't matter how it happened, they're being lifted. You were wrong as per usual. End of.

And there you go sounding like a commie again who doesn't like democracy. Thought you were all about respecting the result of the democratic process? Where's that gone? I've already shown you the Conservative manifesto for 2019 where the whole revisiting judicial review is. You know, the platform of the same Tories you said that you were happy won? Maybe you should be the one keeping up :rofll:

The fact you say that him using my reply is moving the goalposts, says it all. I made perfectly valid point that is fairly accurate as far as I can see. As I have yet to see a valid counter, leads to the fact that I may be right.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:05 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:I read that BoJo is lifting restrictions and that face masks and COVID passports will no longer be required.

But I was told the restrictions were a slippery slope and the UK government was using the pandemic as an excuse to curtail freedoms they wouldn't give back. Surely that wasn't conspiratorial nonsense :think:

Secondly try educating yourself on the laws which have been changed or amended during the pandemic, even as we speak Bojo is trying to make it so the Govt can over turn a High Court judges decision.

Just because our politicians are more sneaky and discreet in eroding our rights than your yahoo politics doesn't mean its not happening, you just have to be smarter to keep up.

So that leaves you out.

Nah, you don't get to use RG's reply to move the goalposts. You were the one crying and reeeee-ing all over the place for at least the past year that the restrictions and losses of freedoms were going to be in place forever. Doesn't matter how it happened, they're being lifted. You were wrong as per usual. End of.

And there you go sounding like a commie again who doesn't like democracy. Thought you were all about respecting the result of the democratic process? Where's that gone? I've already shown you the Conservative manifesto for 2019 where the whole revisiting judicial review is. You know, the platform of the same Tories you said that you were happy won? Maybe you should be the one keeping up :rofll:

The fact you say that him using my reply is moving the goalposts, says it all. I made perfectly valid point that is fairly accurate as far as I can see. As I have yet to see a valid counter, leads to the fact that I may be right.

Yeah apparently, when you answer his accusations its called "moving the goal posts" fkin hilarious.

Basically what's happened is I believe I've hurt his feelings so he's trying to WUM and lash out but he's failing gloriously and making a right show of himself.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:26 pm

"270 members of the science and medical community have written an open letter to Spotify, saying that Rogan allowing the claims to go unchecked cab “damage public trust in scientific research and sow doubt ion the credibility of data-driven guidance offered by medical professionals.”

I love how the establishment are losing their sht over Joe Rogan, they hate that his loud speaker is bigger than theirs, he draws more viewings than MSN or big news broadcasters do and they and their agenda's can't fkin stand it and its glorious.

They literally want to shut down conversation.

Yes some of Rogans guests who are vaccine sceptics are "wrong" but he also brings on pro-vaccine guests also.
What the establishment hate is they don't want us to think for ourselves, they want us to obey and shut up because the corporate world and people who are millionaires see us as cattle, consumers.

Do you know Coca-cola used to fund a program that was released to public stating weight and fitness is only down to exercise? why? because they wanted to get the narrative away from unhealthy consumption being the cause of obesity and poor health.

These are the same establishment who back in the day stated that "smoking" yes, "smoking" was fkin healthy!!!

........... and these are the people like LMAO, Jedi, Ach and on some occasions Phil (don't take this as an attack) want us to listen to.

The info both pro and con should be out there and everyone should make their own decision as per our rights.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:00 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

So that leaves you out.

Were you the one making a big fuss in every other post that freedoms taken away by the lockdowns/restrictions were going to be permanent? That's why DG using your reply is moving the goalposts. I have no issue with your post in and of itself, and I agree that that's probably a large reason BoJo announced when he did. But the fact remains that the government has in fact given those freedoms back, despite all his (and anyone else's) wailing that this was only the start.

And now DG is continuing to project hard when he's the one who got testy in his reply to me (and for the second time has ducked the judicial review issue that the Tories ran on in 2019 because it'd expose his ignorance). But tbh, I expect nothing less from him. He has a history of being ill-tempered when called out on his nonsense.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:12 am

DiamondGooner wrote:"270 members of the science and medical community have written an open letter to Spotify, saying that Rogan allowing the claims to go unchecked cab “damage public trust in scientific research and sow doubt ion the credibility of data-driven guidance offered by medical professionals.”

I love how the establishment are losing their sht over Joe Rogan, they hate that his loud speaker is bigger than theirs, he draws more viewings than MSN or big news broadcasters do and they and their agenda's can't fkin stand it and its glorious.

They literally want to shut down conversation.

Yes some of Rogans guests who are vaccine sceptics are "wrong" but he also brings on pro-vaccine guests also.
What the establishment hate is they don't want us to think for ourselves, they want us to obey and shut up because the corporate world and people who are millionaires see us as cattle, consumers.

Do you know Coca-cola used to fund a program that was released to public stating weight and fitness is only down to exercise? why? because they wanted to get the narrative away from unhealthy consumption being the cause of obesity and poor health.

These are the same establishment who back in the day stated that "smoking" yes, "smoking" was fkin healthy!!!

........... and these are the people like LMAO, Jedi, Ach and on some occasions Phil (don't take this as an attack) want us to listen to.

The info both pro and con should be out there and everyone should make their own decision as per our rights.

Are you trying to make a point?

The Coca-Cola Company can say and make whatever claims they want, but people should focus on peer-reviewed data from multiple, replicable studies. So unless multiple other scientists not affiliated with The Coca-Cola Company also stated the same, then your example isn't relevant. Same with smoking. Were multiple scientists who weren't funded by tobacco companies making those claims?

Same with COVID. Don't listen to Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZenica, J&J, etc. if you want, but for all the other scientists and doctors to be in on a ruse? Yeah, I guess the moon landing was filmed in a Hollywood basement, too. The data points to vaccines being safe and effective, and it's better to get vaccinated than to not get vaccinated. As I've said from the beginning, if you don't want to listen, fine, but you're also responsible for any consequences that come with not listening.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:16 pm

........... lets just clarifiy one thing although I'm sure everyone here is smart enough to make the distinction.

I never said anything as stupid as "We'll be in lockdown forever", I said they're using emergency powers due to the situation to erode our rights.

Which they are, they have and they're doing even as we speak.

I've already aluded to them in my recent posts, there is more but I'm not going to induldge you by repeating myself, I have facts on my side so I don't need to justify them, it is what it is.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:04 pm

I found this data quite interesting from the govt Covid website:

There was a peak in cases which is now falling, and also hospitalisations, which is also falling - neither got anywhere near the peak of last winter.

The cases and hospitalisations without ICU admission may have been purely to do with a combination of the constant fear peddling and increased testing. People test, they have it, they get scared, they go to the hospital, get discharged quickly.

But when you look at serious illness - those requiring ICU admission in the chart above - according to the govt stats the number never got any higher than tail end of summer.

I have to wonder whether the drama from October to mid January and all the calls for severe lockdowns was nothing more than hysteria.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:31 pm

God bless the freedom truckers! The start of the Covid Spring. And yes I have every jab and have antibodies...a rather banal qualifier such as having to state "I am not a racist" before offering an opinion.

Anyone else wonder why the left has abandoned civil rights in favor of authoritarianism? Seems to me classical liberals and real conservatives are meeting minds in opposition to tyranny. The great unifier being a Chinese manufactured virus. Oh the irony!
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:45 pm

jayramfootball wrote:I found this data quite interesting from the govt Covid website:

There was a peak in cases which is now falling, and also hospitalisations, which is also falling - neither got anywhere near the peak of last winter.

The cases and hospitalisations without ICU admission may have been purely to do with a combination of the constant fear peddling and increased testing. People test, they have it, they get scared, they go to the hospital, get discharged quickly.

But when you look at serious illness - those requiring ICU admission in the chart above - according to the govt stats the number never got any higher than tail end of summer.

I have to wonder whether the drama from October to mid January and all the calls for severe lockdowns was nothing more than hysteria.

If one wants real science and data from across the world take a gander at Dr Campell's Youtube channel. The man is a respected retired immunologist/virologist who has been right a month or two before any media source semi confirms the obvious.

Hysteria? Let's call it what it is, propaganda. Then the question becomes WHY?
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:09 am

Took the FDA long enough to approve the best COVID vaccine. Should've happened last year.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:10 pm

LMAO wrote:

Took the FDA long enough to approve the best COVID vaccine. Should've happened last year.

Why do you think Moderna is refusing to give their "recipe" to South Africa when the agreement to allow fast tracked approval through Operation Warp Speed was to share vaccines with the world?

A bit rich that the left are the ones all in on censorship, trusting big government and big pharma while actively opposing freedoms. This is all so inverted from the old political narrative.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:17 pm

Holy shit

Unvaccinated parents will be banned from seeing their own sick children unless they get a special exemption under draconian new measures being drawn up by Mark McGowan.

The Western Australia premier, who has proudly touted his state will have the 'broadest' vaccine passport rules in the country, is bringing in tough new rules on January 31.

The hospital visitation plan would see only those with exemptions from the vaccine to be allowed to visit hospitals - including to see their own kids.

Mr McGowan has promised to make life 'very hard' for those who refuse the jab, and has further ostracised himself from the rest of the country by extending the state's closed borders beyond the February 5 re-opening date he had promised.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australi ... li=AAaeSy5

Some serious soul searching for people to do to work out how far they are prepared to let govts dictate their lives.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:50 pm

Wow that's terrible! Why don't you get vaccinated and then you won't have to worry about this?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:10 pm

Jedi wrote:Wow that's terrible! Why don't you get vaccinated and then you won't have to worry about this?

You cant be serious.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:28 pm

Jedi wrote:Wow that's terrible! Why don't you get vaccinated and then you won't have to worry about this?

Exactly

Why risk kids lives cos of inconsiderate parents?

Loving this tough line taken
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee