Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:27 pm

......... and I'm also pro vaccine for anyone who wants to have it.

I'm also anti-conspiracy nut because for me they muddy the waters of the very real and very provable issues we're facing, you don't need to make stuff up, there's plenty of real stuff to discuss.

The Nurses and Dr's had one very solid and unarguable point, they've been working since March 2019 from the very beginning of the pandemic and were not deemed a risk, so why now at the tail end of the pandemic when the vaccine is out there for anyone who wants it are they now being told they're a risk and are being targeted?

Something is not right, an under handed attempt by the Tories to undermine the NHS? we know how they love Private Health care, whatever the reason, at this stage when Dr's & Nurses can be Lateral flow tested daily if need be before work, this is completely out of line.

The real threat is having 100k Nurses and Dr's sacked from the NHS when they've been helping all this time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:......... and I'm also pro vaccine for anyone who wants to have it.

I'm also anti-conspiracy nut because for me they muddy the waters of the very real and very provable issues we're facing, you don't need to make stuff up, there's plenty of real stuff to discuss.

The Nurses and Dr's had one very solid and unarguable point, they've been working since March 2019 from the very beginning of the pandemic and were not deemed a risk, so why now at the tail end of the pandemic when the vaccine is out there for anyone who wants it are they now being told they're a risk and are being targeted?

Something is not right, an under handed attempt by the Tories to undermine the NHS? we know how they love Private Health care, whatever the reason, at this stage when Dr's & Nurses can be Lateral flow tested daily if need be before work, this is completely out of line.

The real threat is having 100k Nurses and Dr's sacked from the NHS when they've been helping all this time.

I think a lot of it is down to advisors recommending a belt & braces approach - which is quite common in all industries. The trouble is, taking that approach can sometimes impact other things. But it's not for the advisor to worry about that. You ask me what I recommend and I say this or that. It's then up to you to reach a decision. I reckon the govt have had a lot of advisors telling them another lockdown is needed.

If you take IT security as an example - a lot of those guys would lock the whole environment down with restrictions because that gives the best IT security solution. But it's not necessarily the best solution for the company overall, as the restrictions might slow down or prevent business activities. Its then up to the board of the company to accept the risk and lower the security restrictions.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:11 pm

In the video though the guilt trip that studio woman who I believe is also a Dr tried to lay on the Nurse and Dr is sickly.

"Your being selfish as your going to cause a shortgage of Dr's and nurses" while in the same breath stating they have freedom of choice over their own bodies and yet threatening to fire them is ironic.

You can't cause a situation then blame the fallout on those you caused the situation against, its just another way of saying yes you have free choice, but you don't, then when they realise middle class workers WILL actually and can actually afford to exert their civil rights they use a guilt trip parting shot as a final attempt at cohersion, these Dr's don't need to put up with it, they'll just get hired by the Private sector instead, they're skilled workers who's qualifications are valued worldwide.

Again the worst thing here is these professionals have been fine to work for 2 years now, but all of a sudden its a no, no.

The Gov't have fkin lost it and are getting away with wayyyy too much, I've never seen this type of behavior from the Gov't in my lifetime, from obstructing Brexit with fake news and dodgey underhanded tactics and now this, this is another level of oppression all together.

What happened to "Once we get a vaccine, everything will return back to normal"?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:00 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:Watch anti-vaxxer cognitive dissonance in real time:

Joe Rogan spouts misinformation about the vaccine

The guest corrects him.

He gets into an argument and asks his producer to pull up data.

As soon as the he sees the data doesn't align with his position, he immediately jumps to rejecting the data and to giving reasons why it could be faulty, even though he was the one who asked for it and picked the source.

This video is the definition of cognitive bias, motivated reasoning and cognitive dissonance.

This exact same phenomenon will happen with this post and the anti-vaxx people in this thread. Just like Joe Rogan, you will be confronted with something that runs contrary to what you believe in, and you will find a way to dismiss it, even though It's the obvious truth.

So what?

Who's taking Joe Rogan's "opinion" as scientific fact? stop making a fool of yourself.

You keep on with this line about people possibly like me etc "All you do is listen to people like Joe Rogan" which is just plain untrue.

Joe Rogan is a comedian with a podcast .......... why would I or anyone else for that matter take medical advice from him? however he is allowed to have an opinion, as do we all.

Your bit in red is just a rant of a desperate man who keeps trying to pigeon hole the argument as Anti-vaxx vs Vaxxers like a moron.
How many times do you need to be told, there are no anti-vax people here and half of those you consider "anti-vax" have all made the decision to get the vaccine showing that your stance is indeed BS.

I'll say this again, I know people having their own minds drives you absolutely insane as you yearn for a lemming state like Soviet Russia but just let it go.

lol you've just proved Jedi's point.

Read his post again. He never said you took Rogan's opinion as scientific fact.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:44 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:Watch anti-vaxxer cognitive dissonance in real time:

Joe Rogan spouts misinformation about the vaccine

The guest corrects him.

He gets into an argument and asks his producer to pull up data.

As soon as the he sees the data doesn't align with his position, he immediately jumps to rejecting the data and to giving reasons why it could be faulty, even though he was the one who asked for it and picked the source.

This video is the definition of cognitive bias, motivated reasoning and cognitive dissonance.

This exact same phenomenon will happen with this post and the anti-vaxx people in this thread. Just like Joe Rogan, you will be confronted with something that runs contrary to what you believe in, and you will find a way to dismiss it, even though It's the obvious truth.

So what?

Who's taking Joe Rogan's "opinion" as scientific fact? stop making a fool of yourself.

You keep on with this line about people possibly like me etc "All you do is listen to people like Joe Rogan" which is just plain untrue.

Joe Rogan is a comedian with a podcast .......... why would I or anyone else for that matter take medical advice from him? however he is allowed to have an opinion, as do we all.

Your bit in red is just a rant of a desperate man who keeps trying to pigeon hole the argument as Anti-vaxx vs Vaxxers like a moron.
How many times do you need to be told, there are no anti-vax people here and half of those you consider "anti-vax" have all made the decision to get the vaccine showing that your stance is indeed BS.

I'll say this again, I know people having their own minds drives you absolutely insane as you yearn for a lemming state like Soviet Russia but just let it go.

lol you've just proved Jedi's point.

Read his post again. He never said you took Rogan's opinion as scientific fact.

Jedi has regularly used Joe Rogan as statment of "Where do you get your information, listening to people like Joe Rogan?"

So yes, actually he has made those assumptions many times.

My point remains, Joe's opinion is Joes opinion, what he believes or how he goes about believing what he doesn't mean anything.

Jedi tried to draw a similarity between Joes state of mind and people in this thread who he calls "anti-vaxxers" because all he know's is some weird state of reality where everyone is a lemming and its either one way or another.

........... just because I called you out for being a massive fail is this your attempt at retaliation? why are you making it worse for yourself?

Do you really want to prop up an outlook of a guy who calls people Anti-vaxxers ........ who have all decided to get the fkin vaccine?

I'll leave that one to you.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:07 am

Gibberish from DG like always but I just want to respond to the last paragraph:
DiamondGooner wrote:I'll say this again, I know people having their own minds drives you absolutely insane as you yearn for a lemming state like Soviet Russia but just let it go.

Why should I let it go? What have I done in this thread other than use my own voice to battle ideas I disagree with? Don't you find it ironic that you always want to silence me by calling me a Communist?

I don't need to tolerate your ideas. I can call your ideas stupid and disagree with you as much as I want. That's what spirited debate and free speech is all about. And If you have a problem with that, maybe you should move to North Korea and you can have your echo-chamber where no one is allowed to challenge your nonsense.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:18 pm

Wow.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:32 pm

Jedi wrote:Gibberish from DG like always but I just want to respond to the last paragraph:
DiamondGooner wrote:I'll say this again, I know people having their own minds drives you absolutely insane as you yearn for a lemming state like Soviet Russia but just let it go.

Why should I let it go? What have I done in this thread other than use my own voice to battle ideas I disagree with? Don't you find it ironic that you always want to silence me by calling me a Communist?

I don't need to tolerate your ideas. I can call your ideas stupid and disagree with you as much as I want. That's what spirited debate and free speech is all about. And If you have a problem with that, maybe you should move to North Korea and you can have your echo-chamber where no one is allowed to challenge your nonsense.

I love that you call "gibberish" just because you can't refute it, easy way out for you.

You've been called out for being nothing but a biased bellend, when I say "let it go" I mean, your stance is "This lot are all anti-vaxx" yet half of us are getting the vaccine.

Your view makes no sense whatsoever.

PS ........ I call you a communist because you display the same amount of disdain and intolerance for peoples individual freedoms and civil rights as communists do.

If the cap fits.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:27 am

I read that BoJo is lifting restrictions and that face masks and COVID passports will no longer be required.

But I was told the restrictions were a slippery slope and the UK government was using the pandemic as an excuse to curtail freedoms they wouldn't give back. Surely that wasn't conspiratorial nonsense :think:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:16 am

LMAO wrote:I read that BoJo is lifting restrictions and that face masks and COVID passports will no longer be required.

But I was told the restrictions were a slippery slope and the UK government was using the pandemic as an excuse to curtail freedoms they wouldn't give back. Surely that wasn't conspiratorial nonsense :think:

He's only doing it as a distraction from the parties and to appease his backbenchers when he appeared to be on the cusp. Just like bringing the pointless Plan B was. Normally when governments want to cause a distraction, they do it subtly. But here, Boris is making it so obvious that it's laughable.

But I am glad these pointless rules are going and the government will relinquish their Stasi-esc powers.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:27 pm

LMAO wrote:I read that BoJo is lifting restrictions and that face masks and COVID passports will no longer be required.

Idiocy is strong with you.

Firstly see RG's reply which is spot on, the whole of England are saying this.

Secondly try educating yourself on the laws which have been changed or amended during the pandemic, even as we speak Bojo is trying to make it so the Govt can over turn a High Court judges decision.

Just because our politicians are more sneaky and discreet in eroding our rights than your yahoo politics doesn't mean its not happening, you just have to be smarter to keep up.

So that leaves you out.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:28 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Secondly try educating yourself on the laws which have been changed or amended during the pandemic, even as we speak Bojo is trying to make it so the Govt can over turn a High Court judges decision.

Just because our politicians are more sneaky and discreet in eroding our rights than your yahoo politics doesn't mean its not happening, you just have to be smarter to keep up.

So that leaves you out.

Nah, you don't get to use RG's reply to move the goalposts. You were the one crying and reeeee-ing all over the place for at least the past year that the restrictions and losses of freedoms were going to be in place forever. Doesn't matter how it happened, they're being lifted. You were wrong as per usual. End of.

And there you go sounding like a commie again who doesn't like democracy. Thought you were all about respecting the result of the democratic process? Where's that gone? I've already shown you the Conservative manifesto for 2019 where the whole revisiting judicial review is. You know, the platform of the same Tories you said that you were happy won? Maybe you should be the one keeping up :rofll:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:18 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59979408
A Canadian father who has not been vaccinated against Covid has temporarily lost the right to see his 12-year-old child.

Western Govenrments need to get a grip.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:19 pm

Understandable. Last thing both parents should want is the kid to get sick
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:24 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

So that leaves you out.

Nah, you don't get to use RG's reply to move the goalposts. You were the one crying and reeeee-ing all over the place for at least the past year that the restrictions and losses of freedoms were going to be in place forever. Doesn't matter how it happened, they're being lifted. You were wrong as per usual. End of.

And there you go sounding like a commie again who doesn't like democracy. Thought you were all about respecting the result of the democratic process? Where's that gone? I've already shown you the Conservative manifesto for 2019 where the whole revisiting judicial review is. You know, the platform of the same Tories you said that you were happy won? Maybe you should be the one keeping up :rofll:

.............. do you know what, the only thing I find insulting about your post is that you'd think that dirt poor level of attempted Wumming would actually even work on me.

I mean ffs, give me some credit.

I suggest you PM AlexFC for some advice on how to WUM properly.

Poor show lad, poor show.

I mean what do you want me to say "Yeah I thought we'd be in a lockdown forever" :rofll:

:rolleyes:

.......... I mean restrictions have been lifted like four times already over the past 2 years anyway. :dontknow:

That's a piss poor attempt fella, again, please do better, its like your trying to cut with a spoon.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee