Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:41 pm

Back in hospital - second lung gave way and had to be drained yet people want to go out and ignore the lockdown because Boris had a party last year :rofll:

People who need to government to wipe their arse for them are the worst. Everyone should be taking precautions anyway, it’s the right thing to do.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:43 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Lol, when vaccine passports were talked about a while back it was a conspiracy theory apparently.
Now here they are.

Dunno who thought that lol, they wanted to introduce it back in September 2020. I was working on the wider project at the time.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:49 pm

You've needed covid passes for international travel for some time now.

All you need to do is go on the govt website and get one.

Of course if you're not vaccinated you won't get one. You'll have to do the test every time. Seems fair enough. Better than banning the events or having lockdown.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:05 pm

Santi wrote:Back in hospital - second lung gave way and had to be drained yet people want to go out and ignore the lockdown because Boris had a party last year :rofll:

People who need to government to wipe their arse for them are the worst. Everyone should be taking precautions anyway, it’s the right thing to do.

Bloody hell Santi you are having a crap run, things must surely be on the up now m8 keep your head down Goonersworld needs you back safe n sound.
You have certainly changed my thoughts on the vaccination
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockape » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:11 pm

Yeah, all the best Santi for sorting it quickly. One of my main sub contractors who also refused the vax tested positive today! He’s 40 and overweight but pretty fit. After hearing Santi’s story, I’m worried about him.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:06 pm

If it helps the docs are making me sound like a fairly rare case but hope he stays well.

Just seems everytime I start to recover I get battered by something else - was discharged Friday last week and my right lung was expected to recover while left was perfectly fine. Saturday was great felt on the mend and even Sunday morning.

Sunday afternoon comes, coughing and blood is back. Monday pain in chest gets worse and Tuesday was due for a follow up scan anyway. Went to A&E after the scan and they find my left (previously healthy) lung has decided to join the club and collapse. Was basically down to half a lung working !

Really mentally tiring to keep having setbacks but getting good care from the hospital and support from work not to worry about that so I can focus on recovery. Just need the lungs to re-inflate and stay strong hopefully :pray:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:14 pm

Santi wrote:If it helps the docs are making me sound like a fairly rare case but hope he stays well.

Just seems everytime I start to recover I get battered by something else - was discharged Friday last week and my right lung was expected to recover while left was perfectly fine. Saturday was great felt on the mend and even Sunday morning.

Sunday afternoon comes, coughing and blood is back. Monday pain in chest gets worse and Tuesday was due for a follow up scan anyway. Went to A&E after the scan and they find my left (previously healthy) lung has decided to join the club and collapse. Was basically down to half a lung working !

Really mentally tiring to keep having setbacks but getting good care from the hospital and support from work not to worry about that so I can focus on recovery. Just need the lungs to re-inflate and stay strong hopefully :pray:

Good luck, fella.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby dc16 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:26 pm

Santi wrote:If it helps the docs are making me sound like a fairly rare case but hope he stays well.

All the best Santi and stay positive. You’ll get there.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:30 pm

Santi wrote:Back in hospital - second lung gave way and had to be drained yet people want to go out and ignore the lockdown because Boris had a party last year :rofll:

Lockdown for what though?

We've had 3-4 lockdowns now, they don't work, people are going to mingle, shops, whatever, you can't stop it.

Life at some point must go on.

The vaccine is here, over half the population have taken it, we can't go back to pretending this is March 2020 we're unprepared and have no vaccine in sight.

I know you've had a sht Covid experience, so you're having the vaccine, once you've had it I assume you'll have the impression that it'll solve your issues?

So imagine getting the vaccine, still needing lockdowns, still needing boosters .......... still catching Covid (hopefully to a lesser degree).

I mean for me its what is it really fixing?

That large venues Covid Passport is the biggest red flag for me, so a non-vaccinated like me needs a Lateral Flow test which we all know are not 100% accurate anyway, fine, sure, its relatively a safe precaution, if your negative you shouldn't have it to spread.
But ......... if you've had the vaccine they'll let you in anywhere positive or non-positive for carrying the fkin diesease so you can spread it around.

That for me is the straw that breaks the camels back, its a sales pitch, nothing more, having the vaccine doesn't mean you can't catch it and spread.

Honest, I think the numbers of spreading Covid actually come from the vaccinated, because they're the ones mingling around thinking because they've had the vaccine they can't spread it / catch it.

Its the vaccinated going on planes and holidays, the vaccinated going to large event venues, the vaccinated acting like Covid is gone because that's what they've been sold "Have the vaccine and all our troubles go away" its BS.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:30 pm

Why would I have the impression it’ll solve my issues? I’ve had an awful experience and hoping the vaccine will help prevent having anything similar in the future should I contract Covid again.

However, there’s no guarantee but I feel my chances are better. I’ll also take a new vaccine if one is required for any new variant. Speaking of which, that is exactly the reason for another lockdown, nobody knows yet how significant this variant is but the warning signs are there so better to be precautions until proven otherwise.

Btw I already had to wait 10 hours for a bed yesterday after my drainage op and then a further 24 hours for a bed to come free in the right ward. Now that’s not atrocious but imagine if we don’t take precaution and omicron runs wild on top of that existing capacity issue?

People acting like they’ve been hard done by getting vaccines and still needing to be careful make me laugh. They took 15 minutes two times to get a little prick in their arm and help save their lives, it wasn’t a ‘go clubbing again vaccine’ although you’d hope to an extent they go hand in hand.

Lockdowns really don’t bother me as I’m taking as much precaution as I can anyway, so reality doesn’t change much when they officially lock us down. Not sure who these turds are who think vaccine = life back to normal. Yes it gives you more chance and maybe some more confidence you can defend against the virus but we’ve seen enough vaccinated cases in hospital etc to prove otherwise. That doesn’t mean it’s useless at all though because there are so many cases where it’s helped.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:39 pm

What a pisser Santi.

Hope you can get back on your feet properly soon.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:43 pm

Phil71 wrote:What a pisser Santi.

Thanks mate and the rest of you too :grouphug:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:46 am

Santi wrote:
Phil71 wrote:What a pisser Santi.

Thanks mate and the rest of you too :grouphug:

Yeah get well soon.

That was my fear about the lungs because that seems to be the bit of Covid that causes the danger.

Imagine if you hadn't taken those courses of antibiotics to dampen the chest infection and just let the body (already weak from Covid) fight it off on its own?

Lets hope by Xmas your all sorted and back to normal.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:05 pm

Has Santi been posting?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:00 pm

Goonerred wrote:More restrictions have come in, Plan B.

But no lockdowns ....
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee