In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Goonerred » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:02 am

Is it curtains for Boris?
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Rockape » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:22 am

Goonerred wrote:Is it curtains for Boris?

Unlikely.....they'll just stick to the party line and wait for someone to come up with some proof they broke the rools. Not sure Boris was even there was he?
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerred » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:54 am

Rockape wrote:

Unlikely.....they'll just stick to the party line and wait for someone to come up with some proof they broke the rools. Not sure Boris was even there was he?

I don't know. There was a picture of him drinking something, but that could have ben anywhere. PMQs will be interesting. :popcorn:

Edit: I just read that he didn't attend the party. So adults have a party without his knowledge, maybe, and he is to blame.
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:54 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Rockape wrote:

I don't know. There was a picture of him drinking something, but that could have ben anywhere. PMQs will be interesting. :popcorn:

Edit: I just read that he didn't attend the party. So adults have a party without his knowledge, maybe, and he is to blame.

He brushes off Starmer like he's a nuisance fly.

I thought this guy was supposed to be a cut & thrust barrister. He's f***ing useless.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:58 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Rockape wrote:

I thought this guy was supposed to be a cut & thrust barrister. He's f***ing useless.

I didn't think the opposition party got any traction against him at all. It all reverted to negaivity and personal insults. Ian Blackford never has anything to say expect get rid of Johsnon and have another referendum, though that seems to be on a back burner as there doesn't seem to be an appetite for it in the Scotland at the moment.
Goonerred

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:23 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Rockape wrote:

Starmer is just a rubber stamp jockey with no backbone. No wonder they call him Captain Hindsight.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:24 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Rockape wrote:

They have a party in his own house, one of the most secure residences in the country after the Royal Palaces and he knew nothing about it? I don't believe that!

Then again, he could have the honour of saying that he hosted 10 Downing Street's first illegal rave! :lol:
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:26 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Rockape wrote:

Starmer is just a rubber stamp jockey with no backbone. No wonder they call him Captain Hindsight.

He's got that whiny voice as well. Ed Milliband has one.

Instead of sounding authoritative they end up sounding like they'll tell their mummy if you don't do as they say.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:47 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Rockape wrote:

They have a party in his own house, one of the most secure residences in the country after the Royal Palaces and he knew nothing about it? I don't believe that!

Then again, he could have the honour of saying that he hosted 10 Downing Street's first illegal rave! :lol:

'Was Parliament in session on the 18th December? If not he could have been elsewhere.
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:50 pm

Whilst working late one evening myself and several hundred colleagues became trapped in a function room at 10 Downing St. We had nothing to keep us sustained except alcoholic drinks and canapés, both of which were luckily at hand. Whilst trying to rig a hifi system into a short wave radio with which we could summon help, I slipped with my screwdriver, causing the volume to get stuck on high and the system to switch to a Christmas music CD. In an effort to raise the alarm with anyone who might be on the floor below, everyone started dancing and cheering as loudly as they could.

Sounds like a fairly reasonable excuse.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:10 am

New Zealand will ban the sale of tobacco to its next generation, in a bid to eventually phase out smoking.

Anyone born after 2008 will not be able to buy cigarettes or tobacco products in their lifetime, under a law expected to be enacted next year.

Wow! Radical.

Find it hard to disagree with though.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-59589775
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby 22-0 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:51 am

^ lemme know how the prohibition worked out.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby 22-0 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:51 am

^ lemme know how the prohibition worked out.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:56 am

I have started growing tobbaco
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerred » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:19 am

'Anyone born after 2008 will not be able to buy cigarettes or tobacco products in their lifetime, under a law expected to be enacted next year.'

It's a bit draconian, a bit like her reaction the Covid. I don't know how they will police that when others might buy cigs for them.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee