Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Phil71 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Reiss wrote:I'm 3 months in and can taste about 5%.

And Christmas is round the corner! :crybaby:

You can have sprouts this year then.

LOOOOL

I hate sprouts and throughout this whole episode I totally lost my appetite and had to force myself to eat. I thought some greens might go down better than all the other things I had been eating but literally the only edible greens in the fridge were boiled brussell sprouts. I sniffed one - smelled nothing at all then ate one ...... waiting for a reaction .... no reaction, no taste, nothing !! So I ate 4 more and called it a day. Doubt I will ever eat brussell sprouts ever again.

:lol:

I can't stand them. My Mrs eats them all year round.
Last edited by Phil71 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:33 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

LOOOOL

I hate sprouts and throughout this whole episode I totally lost my appetite and had to force myself to eat. I thought some greens might go down better than all the other things I had been eating but literally the only edible greens in the fridge were boiled brussell sprouts. I sniffed one - smelled nothing at all then ate one ...... waiting for a reaction .... no reaction, no taste, nothing !! So I ate 4 more and called it a day. Doubt I will ever eat brussell sprouts ever again.

Was the brain still saying these smell like wet socks,
Who eats sprouts if they are fully functioning sensory , anybody on this forum?
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:34 pm

VCC wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

LOOOOL

Was the brain still saying these smell like wet socks,
Who eats sprouts if they are fully functioning sensory , anybody on this forum?

Fried brussle sprouts (boiled first) with chopped up smokey bacon is actually delicious. I also like them just boiled with a good roast dinner.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:26 pm

Fire up the bbq. Get a decent sized foil tray. Chop up a sweetheart cabbage and a whole white onion. Chuck it all in the tray. Toss with olive oil. Cover tightly with foil. Whack it on the bbq on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:10 pm

I like brussel sprouts, but I boil 'em within an inch of their lives. They're nice cold the next day.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Rockape » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:31 pm

I like sprouts, they just have to be boiled for only a few mins do they are firm to bite. As Luzh says, par boil them and then stir fry with bacon makes em delicious.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:34 pm

I am surrounded by heathens lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:25 pm

Rockape wrote:Glad to hear you're on the mend HH, how are you feeling now Santi and DG?

Been back in hospital this week (expected one night not all week ffs!). Got air pockets in my chest thanks to Covid so they’re monitoring me to make sure it starts to improve rather than worsen. I actually had a fit on Monday out of nowhere and my whole right side went numb with vision completely blurry - all lasted about 10-15 mins then gone.

Air pockets shit supposed to heal on its own over time (body meant to absorb it) but f**k me feels like this thing never ends.

Feel like the healthiest one in here tbh, walking around bored most of the day but shows anything can really be going on inside.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:56 pm

Santi wrote:
Rockape wrote:Glad to hear you're on the mend HH, how are you feeling now Santi and DG?

Been back in hospital this week (expected one night not all week ffs!). Got air pockets in my chest thanks to Covid so they’re monitoring me to make sure it starts to improve rather than worsen. I actually had a fit on Monday out of nowhere and my whole right side went numb with vision completely blurry - all lasted about 10-15 mins then gone.

Air pockets shit supposed to heal on its own over time (body meant to absorb it) but f**k me feels like this thing never ends.

Feel like the healthiest one in here tbh, walking around bored most of the day but shows anything can really be going on inside.

Jeez, how come you had a fit, what was that to do with?

I couldn't imagine still getting issues after Covid has gone, i was relieved the day I felt it was over and done with, still had a cough for a week and had to regain my strength but my taste came back instantly thank god.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:00 am

Santi wrote:

Best wishes mate.

Stay strong, eat food, drink water and keep a positive mind.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:04 am

Sad to hear that Santi hope you dont have long Covid seems to be a reality for some.
Hopeful that is the last episode for you
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockape » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:44 am

Blimey….hope that sorts itself out soon Santi!

In other news, HH may have more to worry about…today’s Telegraph:

Hot-heads at greater risk of strokes, global study finds
Daily Telegraph Reporter
KEEPING your temper could help reduce the risk of suffering a stroke, a study suggests.

One in 11 survivors experienced a period of anger or upset in the hour leading up to a stroke, global research has found. One in 20 had engaged in heavy physical exertion.

The suspected triggers have been identified as part of the global Interstroke study, co-led by the National University of Ireland, Galway, which analysed 13,462 cases of acute stroke in 32 countries.

About 100,000 people have strokes in the UK each year, causing 38,000 deaths. About 1.3 million people in Britain are stroke survivors.

Prof Andrew Smyth, a lead researcher, said: “Stroke prevention is a priority for physicians, and despite advances it remains difficult to predict when a stroke will occur.

“Many studies have focused on medium to long-term exposures, such as hypertension, obesity or smoking. Our study aimed to look at acute exposures that may act as triggers.”

The research analysed patterns in patients who suffered an ischemic stroke and the less common intracerebral haemorrhage.

“Our research found that anger or emotional upset was linked to an approximately 30 per cent increase in risk of stroke one hour after an episode – with a greater increase if the patient did not have a history of depression,” said Prof Smyth.

“The odds were also greater for those with a lower level of education.

“We also found that heavy physical exertion was linked to an approximately 60 per cent increase in risk of intracerebral haemorrhage one hour later.”
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerred » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:11 am

Thinking of you Santi, it doesn't sound pleasant at all.
Goonerred

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:23 am

VCC wrote:Sad to hear that Santi hope you dont have long Covid seems to be a reality for some.
Hopeful that is the last episode for you

Thanks VCC and others for the wishes.

Does seem like I will have to deal with this bastard for a while, seem to be unlucky with it as I’m only 30 and was in decent shape but seem to have gotten it pretty bad compared to most cases for my age. Obviously people in much more critical condition as well but not gone well for me at all.

Can’t think about whether the vaccine would’ve stopped this as it’ll make me mad, and I’ll never know anyway, but frustrating to get the virus 1 month before I was gonna get the vaccine for sure, especially with these lasting effects.

As long as I can get back to a relatively normal day to day life I’ll take the fact I now can’t go scuba diving lol.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:25 pm

Yeah sounds like you got a raw deal Santi, hope you kick its ass and get a decent Christmas!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee