Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:44 pm

And thus it will continue
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:47 am

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Mark another double vaxxed person on the list of peeps that caught covid. This time, its my boss, after he just received his booster jab.

It's unlikely he'll become seriously ill though.

Yes I'll be interested to know how he gets on with his symptoms.

Your boss can be our little test case for how a vaccinated person gets affected. lol

So, he confirmed a chesty cough, hot and cold spells, lethargy and aches and pains over his body. Now, he initially told us at the beginning of the week it was because he had just had his booster jab - and when we discussed with another one of our colleagues she confirmed she felt dreadful for days after having her booster jab.

So I don't know how much of the symptoms are down to the booster jab or the fact he actually has Covid

I did get told when I had my booster jab (Pfizer after two jabs of AZ) that they had a lot of people complaining about feeling poorly afterwards and that I should rest, take paracetamol etc. if it did affect me.

I had no effects other than a sore arm.

I'd suggest that those who do feel poorly afterwards should take some comfort from the fact that their body has had to deal with the jab. That's the whole point of it really - for your body to react and subsequently produce antibodies.

I guess people's bodies react in different ways, depending on a wide range of things. I found out only the other day that it's possible to have two different cold viruses at the same time. A doctor told me that. It probably accounts for a lot of the times when people get badly affected by what they think is a cold, when it is in fact maybe two colds.

Fair point
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:57 am

Jedi wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Jedi wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Mark another double vaxxed person on the list of peeps that caught covid. This time, its my boss, after he just received his booster jab.

Thank you for contributing this worthless piece of information.

My pleasure, good to know I am able to shut down you donuts harping on about Vaccinations being the be-all and end-all. By all accounts he has been knocked for six

But but but, if you get the vaccine you won't catch it easily (caught it easily enough from his daughter) :rofll:

Real world facts that show you are not correct. Oh let me guess, he is a one off, he is a special case?!

"My boss had his seatbelt on and his car had airbags but he still got injured in a crash"
"My boss wore a kevlar vest but when the bullet hit he still got a bruise"
"I took a pain med but I still have a headache"

It's a f***ing preventative measure that stops you from getting really sick. We've covered this same rehashed point about 1 million times in this thread. You're actually psychotic if you don't understand it by now. You're experiencing psychosis. Log off and go to therapy.

I just think your points are so easy to argue against. If you jump up on stage and proclaim something to be something that it isn't I will - with real world examples - show you you are chatting Hezbollah!!

What I understand is you are incapable of free speech and you are incapable of forming your own opinion unless it is given to you.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:59 am

Santi wrote:Uncle just got it now a week after his booster, ironically got it the day I really started feeling better. Hopefully he's gonna be fine with the vax but saying it's like a bad cold right now.

I'm really not sure why some are still so keen to spend effort to dispute the vaccine but I think we all have a history of wasting lots of time talking shit on here so no surprise it's still the same ;)

Its because I and others like me are not lemmings.

If you want to sleep walk into being forced to take a vaccine and then boosters every 6 months because the overall vaccine was a rushed through piece of shit, be my guest!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:29 am

theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:Uncle just got it now a week after his booster, ironically got it the day I really started feeling better. Hopefully he's gonna be fine with the vax but saying it's like a bad cold right now.

I'm really not sure why some are still so keen to spend effort to dispute the vaccine but I think we all have a history of wasting lots of time talking shit on here so no surprise it's still the same ;)

Its because I and others like me are not lemmings.

If you want to sleep walk into being forced to take a vaccine and then boosters every 6 months because the overall vaccine was a rushed through piece of shit, be my guest!

Lemmings throw themselves off cliffs and die when it's completely unnecessary.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:39 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-two ... s-12480213

'Two cases of Omicron variant detected in UK.'

Inevitable.
Last edited by Goonerred on Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:42 pm

FFS
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:44 pm

Close the borders

Go in to lockdown
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:49 pm

Phil71 wrote:FFS

Why are you worried?

"Sajid Javid says the detection of two cases of the latest World Health Organisation variant of concern illustrates the urgent need for people to get vaccinated."

The good old vaccine works according to Javid so you should be fine.

......... has he even had factual data to state that the current vaccine even works against this strain?

No, but who cares, he's just a propaganda man for £££.

This is why people don't trust the Gov't on this subject, they bleated "Once we get the vaccine everything will return to normal" well half the country and its increasing, are vaccinated yet there is a new doomsday headline every day.

There are still more potential customers out there, sell, sell, sell.

Ach wrote:Close the borders

Go in to lockdown

You are a proper scrooge aren't you. :rofll:

But I agree there is a case for closing the borders until they identify if the vaccine is effective.

Rather closed borders than a lock down.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:32 pm

Go in to lockdown

Lockdown my arse
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:22 pm

People's safety is paramount
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:26 pm

Face masks back in shops & public transport.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:47 pm

Nothing is open on Xmas anyway.

Protests for that to change no doubt happening soon seeing as dumbass people protest everything these days
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Clarkey T » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:13 am

Some funny stuff in these pressers for sure,

Yesterday, a guy said... "did we act fast enough with this new variant?" well considering we only started hearing about it 4 days ago - I reckon we've done well, considering the borders remained open for 6 weeks when the Indian variant was spreading.

Another guy said... "should we do more to ensure Christmas goes ahead", I mean FFS, virus doing its round etc - as long as we have a good Christmas who cares what happens after that.

Reminds me of summer 2020, Laura Kissesburg from the BBC asked Boris Johnson something along the lines of... "when are we lifting travel restrictions? as you will know many people want to go on holiday to get away from it all" - where the hell was she expecting people to go to get away from Covid when it was all over the world,

It infuriates me as I think people asking stupid questions ruins it when there are people out there who could instead ask a decent question which could provide valuable answers to many viewers.

The amusing thing yesterday was Boris saying how different variations have to be treated differently i/e Masks are not required for Delta but are required for Omnicron - when actually masks would have actually prevented a small proportion of the 30k people that have been testing positive for the past 4 months, masks isn't such a big ask if it helps ensure lockdowns stay a thing of the past, because we do know that the vaccines do not stop the virus spreading because pretty much any person you ask will know of a vaccinated person who caught the virus from another vaccinated person. for this reason I disagree with blaming the unvaccinated for spreading the virus because both vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread it - so we get people literally alienating the unvaccinated, arguing at a time when people should be kind etc. people should be able to make their own decisions on whether to get it or not but alienating them and criticising them is just going to make them more determined not to get it, the Anti Vaxxers also make a lot of their nonsense sound pretty believable - they make a point and then go into great detail backing it up with stuff that isn't true - but of course to many they don't know it's not true so they believe it easily.

Even news anchors and MP's have been critical of people who are unvaccinated - this makes it look like we just want to force people into getting jabbed, which makes them vulnerable to anti vaxxers,

The whole "getting vaccinated will stop you infecting your family" is emotional blackmail, last week when Austria decided to lockdown the unvaccinated was so dangerous because 2 months in people would have realised that it was not cutting down the infection rate, which would mean people would realise the vaccine doesn't stop the spread and that would lead to thousands of people who say "I only had the vaccine to prevent spreading Covid to my nan" deciding they wouldn't be getting any booster vaccines, this is why being honest and truthful is important because any hint of holding info back can lead to people changing their minds. Luckily after 3 days Austria announced a full lockdown because locking down just the unvaccinated wasn't working - an odd decision given it takes literally a month for the effect of a lockdown to begin to show so I'd imagine there was more to it than just "it wasn't working",

Personally when people ask me about getting it, I just say...
Look at the deaths last year and then look at them this year, last year 600+ per day, 1000+ for several days running, where as this year nowhere near that - which proves the vaccine could well save your life,
Case rates are high because the vaccine does not stop the virus spreading but the case rates are not as high as they were last year... the reason for this is because the vaccine stops many people getting ill at all which means if they don't feel ill they are unlikely to get tested, hence lower case numbers,
So, in a nutshell the vaccine could save your life and this should be the reason you decide weather to have it or not.

I would hate to tell someone to go get it and then they have a blood clot and die because for 2 years they have been carrying on and haven't died, so letting them make the decision is important.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby LMAO » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:23 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Go in to lockdown

You are a proper scrooge aren't you. :rofll:

But I agree there is a case for closing the borders until they identify if the vaccine is effective.

Rather closed borders than a lock down.

It's nonsense politics imo

Travel bans over this are security theater. By the time the variant is identified in one location, it's already spread to other countries where internal spread will go unchecked anyway. Case in point, the variant has already been found in Botswana (where it might have originated), South Africa, Belgium, Israel, Hong Kong, Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, Italy, and the Czech Republic.

Mandatory quarantine for travelers arriving internationally would be better imo
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee