In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:51 pm

Phil71 wrote:
LMAO wrote:Cases like this is why the UK needs to bring capital punishment back tbh

Forget locking him up and throwing away the key, put a bullet in his head or inject a lethal dose of drugs into his veins and be done with it.

8ft x 8ft concrete cell with a hole in the floor for a toilet. No window. No bed. No heating.

And a noose hanging from the ceiling for when all of that becomes too much and he wants to go and get his 72 virgins.

.............. and yet you complain about Saudi Arabia's human rights?

Complain they chop theives hands off or hang bad offenders then within the week is asking for capital punishment and torture for the UK.

Oh the irony.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:55 pm

So Alec Baldwin

Obviously an accident but what happens now?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:09 am

Ach wrote:So Alec Baldwin

Obviously an accident but what happens now?

Hope he has an excellent therapist.

I don't think anything happens to Baldwin other than a lifetime of PTSD. The assistant director and the armorer should get slammed with gross negligence and possible manslaughter charges imo
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:56 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/1 ... -training/

The Royal Marines dominated the yanks in a training excercise

Ha ha ha!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:47 am

Royal Gooner wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/11/02/royal-marines-force-us-troops-surrender-just-hours-training/

The Royal Marines dominated the yanks in a training excercise

Ha ha ha!

Gotta let grandpa get a win every now and then ;)
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Rockape » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:46 am

I see nothing’s changed from back in the 80’s ….the Yank military are still wearing spurs!

:cowboy:) :cowboy:)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Article in the Daily Telegraph today saying that the Scottish Government have taken the decision to install machines giving out free tampons and sanitary towels in the... (wait for it)... in the men's toilets at all government buildings. This is apparently to cater for trans people.

I couldn't help but wonder what sort of trans people these might be. After some deliberation I concluded that it must be women who present themselves as men, and identify as male (so feel it appropriate to use the men's toilets) but have not yet had the work done. I also presume that they're the sort of woman who might fail to make provision for their periods by way of sanitary materials, and depend on the government to do this for them. Then I couldn't help but wonder how many people who fit this description actually exist in the world, never mind the Scottish civil service.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:23 pm

Phil71 wrote:Article in the Daily Telegraph today saying that the Scottish Government have taken the decision to install machines giving out free tampons and sanitary towels in the... (wait for it)... in the men's toilets at all government buildings. This is apparently to cater for trans people.

I couldn't help but wonder what sort of trans people these might be. After some deliberation I concluded that it must be women who present themselves as men, and identify as male (so feel it appropriate to use the men's toilets) but have not yet had the work done. I also presume that they're the sort of woman who might fail to make provision for their periods by way of sanitary materials, and depend on the government to do this for them. Then I couldn't help but wonder how many people who fit this description actually exist in the world, never mind the Scottish civil service.

The worlds gone nuts and they're welcome to it.

Have at it, but why we put these weirdo pencil pusher, clip board carrying freaks in charge of our society god only know's.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Article in the Daily Telegraph today saying that the Scottish Government have taken the decision to install machines giving out free tampons and sanitary towels in the... (wait for it)... in the men's toilets at all government buildings. This is apparently to cater for trans people.

Have at it, but why we put these weirdo pencil pusher, clip board carrying freaks in charge of our society god only know's.

That's the thing. I think, as we've agreed before, it's woke do-gooders making these decisions. You have in most organisations now 'diversity boards' or similar. It's these people doing this shit.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby dc16 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:32 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

That's the thing. I think, as we've agreed before, it's woke do-gooders making these decisions. You have in most organisations now 'diversity boards' or similar. It's these people doing this shit.

We have posters up in our work advertising free tampons and yes, they're in the mens toilets as well.

When I see this type of stuff I always think that the business or company isn't always doing this for inclusivity but rather they are more afraid of the back lash and pressure they would receive if they didn't.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:32 pm

dc16 wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

We have posters up in our work advertising free tampons and yes, they're in the mens toilets as well.

When I see this type of stuff I always think that the business or company isn't always doing this for inclusivity but rather they are more afraid of the back lash and pressure they would receive if they didn't.

Yep. There's two reasons the bosses agree to abide with this nonsense. Firstly as you say they're worried about not being woke enough in this bonkers society we're now in, and secondly they're covering their arses against being sued for constructive dismissal by some oddball who didn't feel included enough.

I recall watching Monty Python's Meaning of Life, and there was a sketch where a woman had a baby and asked what if it was a boy or a girl. The doctor replied, "Don't you think it's a bit soon to be imposing roles?"

How we laughed in 1983. We're not laughing now. It'd be transphobic if we did, and we'd get cancelled.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:03 pm

I heard but like with most of these things you can't confirm its true from this side of the divide but it makes sense.

Companies have a grading with the banks and other business regulation organisations and apparently, their "Level of woke" is actually measured as a form of value for the company.

If a company isn't woke enough in their HR or whatever it counts against them.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:13 pm

Maybe thats why they're all competing with each other to see how woke they can be in their tv advertising.

M&S have a mixed race kid in their ad, so John Lewis trump them with a special needs mixed race kid.

Those ads are followed with an endless stream of ads showing interracial couples. Almost every ad has it now.

It's as far away from real life as you can get.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:16 am

Showing mixed people and couples is woke? Do you live in Japan or South Korea? :lol:

Idk what the stats are for the UK, but here in the US, 1/5 of new marriages are interracial and more than 1/10 of all marriages are interracial. Nobody cares anymore. Maybe that's why Harry and Meghan moved here. We're not woke enough to care about their relationship...or maybe we've evolved beyond woke :think:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:11 am

LMAO wrote:Showing mixed people and couples is woke? Do you live in Japan or South Korea? :lol:

Idk what the stats are for the UK, but here in the US, 1/5 of new marriages are interracial and more than 1/10 of all marriages are interracial. Nobody cares anymore. Maybe that's why Harry and Meghan moved here. We're not woke enough to care about their relationship...or maybe we've evolved beyond woke :think:

I'm not talking about America.

They account for only about 8% of relationships in the UK. Whilst about 80% of TV ads show them. Hence why its completely out of proportion when compared to real life. Hence why I believe it's a wokism contest.

And those two went to America for money. That's all.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee