Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:49 am

LMAO wrote:Lockdowns were for a good cause (until vaccines were readily available), but now we're seeing the consequences of it like inflation and supply chain issues worldwide. And afaik, Australia doesn't have vaccine availability issues, so I don't know what possessed Melbourne to have such a long lockdown.

Its what people were afraid of from the beginning, Gov'ts thinking they can have their way with our human rights and freedoms.

They're still at it, everyday here the British Gov't is reducing our rights, now they're curbing our ability to protest because these fkin idiot Far lefties have abused the right to do so.

That mug Johnsonn pushed through banning anyone who hadn't had a vaccine from nightclubs and big events like football matches, thankfully because of push back a negative test result within 48hrs is also allowed now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:22 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:Lockdowns were for a good cause (until vaccines were readily available), but now we're seeing the consequences of it like inflation and supply chain issues worldwide. And afaik, Australia doesn't have vaccine availability issues, so I don't know what possessed Melbourne to have such a long lockdown.

Its what people were afraid of from the beginning, Gov'ts thinking they can have their way with our human rights and freedoms.

They're still at it, everyday here the British Gov't is reducing our rights, now they're curbing our ability to protest because these fkin idiot Far lefties have abused the right to do so.

That mug Johnsonn pushed through banning anyone who hadn't had a vaccine from nightclubs and big events like football matches, thankfully because of push back a negative test result within 48hrs is also allowed now.

Not really relevant to COVID, but I came across a story about Priti Patel wanting to make the UK even more of a nanny state by pushing through legislation that requires UK residents give up social media anonymity...all because a guy stabbed an MP, and he may not have even been radicalized on the internet; and, it's not like Facebook users and the blue check marks on Twitter are above spewing vitriolic abuse. It's a solution looking for a problem. Pretty soon you Brits openly criticizing your government will land you on a list and potentially get you arrested. Your government is really taking inspiration from the CCP here. It's a big joke. As much as people like to give Americans shit, at least we have freedom of speech enshrined in our Constitution.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:42 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Not really relevant to COVID, but I came across a story about Priti Patel wanting to make the UK even more of a nanny state by pushing through legislation that requires UK residents give up social media anonymity...all because a guy stabbed an MP, and he may not have even been radicalized on the internet; and, it's not like Facebook users and the blue check marks on Twitter are above spewing vitriolic abuse. It's a solution looking for a problem. Pretty soon you Brits openly criticizing your government will land you on a list and potentially get you arrested. Your government is really taking inspiration from the CCP here. It's a big joke. As much as people like to give Americans shit, at least we have freedom of speech enshrined in our Constitution.

They're emboldened by the Covid quarantine, why stop there?

The British Gov't have never had it so easy by passing or enacting laws which effect our civil rights as they've had in the last 18 months so they're going to make hay while the dictorial sun is still shining.

How does that even work when people use VPN's anyway?

Good luck to the Gov't trying to keep ahead of technology and programmers.

I'm going to be honest though .......... I'm all for ending anonymity.

This generation has completey by passed being held accountable and its producing a bunch of jumped up weirdos.
In my era you were accountable for all your actions, so you had to grow up and become a proper human being.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:54 pm

"Get Covid jab or restrictions more likely, Sajid Javid says"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58985617

£££££ keep that raid on our tax money going or else.

This is nothing but an exercise in taking public funds and moving it into private hands.

Its not like he said "If Covid gets out of hand again" no, the actual cases or real circumstances don't matter, its just "Everyone, children, the lot have to have these injections so we can give your billions of tax money to our wealthy company owner mates".

This nation is going down the toilet and fast, nobodies even talking about fkin covid anymore and yet here they are chirping away.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:19 am

DiamondGooner wrote:"Get Covid jab or restrictions more likely, Sajid Javid says"

This is nothing but an exercise in taking public funds and moving it into private hands.

Its not like he said "If Covid gets out of hand again" no, the actual cases or real circumstances don't matter, its just "Everyone, children, the lot have to have these injections so we can give your billions of tax money to our wealthy company owner mates".

This nation is going down the toilet and fast, nobodies even talking about fkin covid anymore and yet here they are chirping away.

Basically the government resorting to blackmail again. Not a good sign of good government if the ministers are resorting to threats to the liberty of their citizens to try and get what they want.

I think people are waking up to it because they know even if they do comply, the government will impose restrictions anyway. Restrictions that people will now hopefully willingly ignore if they dare try to impose them.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:44 pm

Honestly at this point just let people get the f***ing virus and see what happens.

It's been long enough, eventually we will have to accommodate the c*** and live with it anyway (ironically could be talking about either party leader here as well) so just get on with the bastard and let's move on.

FYI coming from an unvaxxed, mask wearing, handwashing 1000 times a day germ freak. If I get it and die it's my own f***ing fault by now.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:26 pm

It's following the same trend as Israel. 70%-80% of the population vaccinated but rising infection rates and amongst those double jabbed.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Jedi » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:"Get Covid jab or restrictions more likely, Sajid Javid says"

How are they getting more money to the wealthy company owners when they already bought a shit ton of vaccines that are just sitting in storage. Even if they don't administer a single one them, they still signed a contract and they're paying for them. What I'm trying to say is that even if the government is super corrupt there's no profit incentive in forcing people to get jabbed. Like everyone else, you signed a contract and you're paying for those vaccines even if you end up donating them because nobody in the UK wants them.

We had a similar thing happen in Serbia during the swine flu pandemic, where our government bought millions of vaccines and absolutely nobody wanted to get jabbed so there was a big controversy about wasting tax payer money on them. But the vaccines were bought in advance so we still had to pay for them and ended up throwing them away.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Fair play to this Saqib Javid dude.

For too long the government have played nice with the unvaccinated fools.

Now there's ultimatums cos numbers are rising. If they don't still get the jabs, get rid of them or tell them to stay home whilst the sane continue to live our lives
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:23 pm

Ach wrote:Fair play to this Saqib Javid dude.

Now there's ultimatums cos numbers are rising. If they don't still get the jabs, get rid of them or tell them to stay home whilst the sane continue to live our lives

get rid of them? like genocide? yes you're really concerned about people. facist.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:26 pm

22-0 wrote:

get rid of them? like genocide? yes you're really concerned about people. facist.

Lol no. I should've edited that. Put them in a country that accepts stupidity and is against vaccinations. Or they can create their own country.

Should I be concerned about people who don't give a shit about others?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Ach wrote:
22-0 wrote:

Lol no. I should've edited that. Put them in a country that accepts stupidity and is against vaccinations. Or they can create their own country.

Maybe lay off the koolaid for a bit mate.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:52 pm

22-0 wrote:
Ach wrote:
22-0 wrote:

Maybe lay off the koolaid for a bit mate.

He's a complete tool when it comes to this subject.

Blaming people who are un-vaccinated ............ when its you lot who have been vaccinated going out there thinking "Duhhh I'm vaccinated so I'm safe and can't catch it" and spreading it.

Explain to us Ach what does it matter if your vaccinated or not when it comes to rising covid cases??

You can catch it the same way I or anyone can, but its your delusional ignorance which causes the problem in the first place.

"You want to attend a football match? have you been vaccinated? yes, ok well come straight in then and spread the diesease to thousands".

Where as me.

"You want to attend this football match, have you been vaccinated? no, you need a test done in the last 48hrs then, oh you have been tested, negative, ok come in"

So you tell me which one of us is going to spread Covid you fkin idiot?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:25 am

Power n Glory wrote:It's following the same trend as Israel. 70%-80% of the population vaccinated but rising infection rates and amongst those double jabbed.

Cases have been falling here in the US for almost two months now (since September 2. The Pfizer booster was authorized by the FDA on September 22). Vermont, New Hampshire, and Colorado are the only states (and DC) where the daily average cases have increased over the past 14 days.

Same with Israel. Delta spike then rapid decline in cases.

But the UK looks like it had a slight decrease and is now another rise in cases. Didn't look at any other countries so don't know if yours is normal or if there's half like y'all and half like us.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:40 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/20/no-10-to-buy-new-antiviral-treatments-for-covid-in-time-for-winter

No 10 has made deals to buy hundreds of thousands of doses of two new antiviral treatments for coronavirus, ministers have announced, at least one of which it is hoped will be approved for use in the UK ahead of the winter.

One deal covers 480,000 courses of molnupiravir, which can be taken as a pill twice a day. In trials, the drug, made by Merck, known as MSD outside the US, has been shown to cut the risk of hospitalisation or death for patients not in hospital by half.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee