General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:49 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:When we die it will just be like it was before we were born.

We didn't exist for eternity until our birth and we'll go back to not existing for eternity after our death.

But if that's not the case my other belief is we'll revert back to pure energy when we die and exist forever throughout the universe, but I don't think there is an omnipresent God who created everything.

That's literally what I say / believe word for word.

Everyone wonders what it'll be like when we die, why? we've all already been dead, before we were born.

There's no mystery for me.

The being born again or coming back whatever will mean absolutely nothing to you, because even if it were possible you'd remember the same way you do now, nothing before you were born, you'd be a completely new person with a new brain and new experiences so it literally doesn't matter you'd essentially be a new person with their own memories not yours.

However, honestly I don't think that even happens.

Not even all living things see and hear ffs, take Jelly Fish or worms, literally living off feel and touch only.

We should just count our blessings that we have a body with the highest levels of senses and brain power to process our environment.

Thats why I live life to enjoy it as much as I can, once its gone, its over.

My belief of God is that God is the Universe, it's the universe that creates, breeds energy and matter to an unbelievable degree of mass.

There are certain things that happen in the Universe which by all rights should not exist or happen yet they do to the point that even science can't fully explain it, life being one of them.

DNA for example, DNA is information, information requires a form of intelligence ......... how did single cells "act" reproduce, pass on DNA.

Its the equivalent of a brick duplicating itself then building a house on their own.

I watched a program once on how life on earth started and it was very interesting, they even said there's a part of cell life that even scientists haven't bridged how it happens.

............ oh and that star matter i.e star dust is what we're made of, its stars that populate our galaxy with matter, like space factories.

Rockape wrote:It’s a depressing thought that we’ll just switch off for eternity, but how can it be anything else? No one knows, so it seems reasonable to think that is what will happen.

Not really, it makes living life to the full more precious.

We all got lucky, we won the "lottery of life" got to learn about our human history and experience everything life has to offer, strippers, alcohol, football, family, friends, drama, mystery, Xmas and birthdays etc.

I do think though that when we get old and I mean like 80+ you'll be so worn out and tired, the long sleep won't seem so bad tbh.

I have to be honest I was a very active, young living person in my 30's, I used to hit the bars with my friends every weekend chatting up the ladies, meeting friends down town etc but the lockdown has really slowed us all down as it basically retired us and since I turned 40 I've found I don't have the energy I used to although I recon I'll get some of it back once I start doing cardio again next week but even I'm starting to feel the weariness a bit, can't imagine how that will be in my 80's ffs.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:45 am

No god its religeons version of the Emerites
A f***ing big lie
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockape » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:35 am

I see Charlie Mullins has just sold Pimlico Plumbers….not sure how much for though!

What a story, he left school at 15 with no qualifications in 1967, started his own business in ‘79 and is worth £70m. Probably worth a hell of a lot more now.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:17 am

Rockape wrote:I see Charlie Mullins has just sold Pimlico Plumbers….not sure how much for though!

What a story, he left school at 15 with no qualifications in 1967, started his own business in ‘79 and is worth £70m. Probably worth a hell of a lot more now.

Great story.

Hope he enjoys his retirement for a long time.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:14 pm

What a f***ing joke this petrol panic-buying is. The same people who bought up all the toilet rolls no doubt.

You have morons who use their cars once a week to drive up the road that are filling their cars up with petrol when they'd usually put a tenner in it. So you end up with tens of thousands of these cars all sat on driveways full of petrol when people who really need it for work can't get any.

People are f***ing greedy and selfish.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:46 pm

Phil71 wrote:What a f***ing joke this petrol panic-buying is. The same people who bought up all the toilet rolls no doubt.

You have morons who use their cars once a week to drive up the road that are filling their cars up with petrol when they'd usually put a tenner in it. So you end up with tens of thousands of these cars all sat on driveways full of petrol when people who really need it for work can't get any.

I managed to fill up my tank because I need to drive down to London for the match tomorrow, but had to search around. Utter fuckwits were trying to fill up 5-gallon drums as well as their fuel tanks.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:41 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:What a f***ing joke this petrol panic-buying is. The same people who bought up all the toilet rolls no doubt.

I managed to fill up my tank because I need to drive down to London for the match tomorrow, but had to search around. Utter fuckwits were trying to fill up 5-gallon drums as well as their fuel tanks.

You have to blame the petrol stations for allowing people to be stupid with petrol cannisters
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:46 pm

On the topic of life after death ... anyone got thoughts on "dejavu" ? Sometimes I get it and I can tell you exactly what is gonna happen .. and it happens just as I say it would. Freaky.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:16 pm

On the topic of life after death ... anyone got thoughts on "dejavu" ? Sometimes I get it and I can tell you exactly what is gonna happen .. and it happens just as I say it would. Freaky.

Déjà vu is the feeling that one has lived through the present situation before. This is a French phrase translating literally to "already seen". Did we not all experience Déjà vu watching Arsenal against Brentford?? :lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:21 pm

Joking aside..... its like youve been somewhere before when you arrive, but there is no way that its possible. That has happened to me before, but some of the stories on Michael Aspels 'Strange but True' tv prog in the 90's were unreal......really made you think!

Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:21 pm

Rockape wrote:

Déjà vu is the feeling that one has lived through the present situation before. This is a French phrase translating literally to "already seen". Did we not all experience Déjà vu watching Arsenal against Brentford?? :lol:

I heard a fairly reasonable scientific explanation for déjà vu some years ago.

In very simple terms, the human brain processes information that is deposited, and works to see if it recognises anything from previously stored memory. These previously stored memories are located in various parts of the brain, depending on certain factors. New information usually enters through the cortex which then communicates with other parts of the brain to decipher the information. It's during this process that previously stored memories are identified and some reasoning takes place.

The idea is that a brand new set of information enters the brain, during perhaps you driving through a village you have never been to before, and the sorting process in the brain goes a bit awry, the result of which is that your brain believes that it has seen all of this some time ago (a long term memory), when in reality the only time it has seen it was just now when the information came in and bounced around. So your own brain is making itself believe something that's not true.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:42 pm

Deja vu is astral travel its where you actualy dream the future,
Many peeps have gone mad trying to control it.
My late father saw the “ donald sullivan i think speed record disaster where his boat left the water and disintegrated killing him.
He also dreamt seeing himself at a horse race where he won himself and a betting syndicate a substantial amount of money.
Myself i rarely dream and when i do its crap lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:03 pm

NHS junior Doctor and amateur runner Phil Sesemann finished 7th in the London Marathon yesterday with a time of two hours, 12 minutes and 58 seconds. That's professional athlete level and qualifies him to represent Great Britain at the next Commonwealth Games and European Championships.

It's the first marathon he's ever run.

He trains in his spare time, running with his dog.

What an extraordinary story.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:47 pm

Yeah I saw that…..amazing! I trained for six months in ‘88 for the Snowdon marathon which I did in 3.29, albeit taking an hour to complete the last five miles!

He’s clearly a talented guy!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:47 pm

Phil71 wrote:NHS junior Doctor and amateur runner Phil Sesemann finished 7th in the London Marathon yesterday with a time of two hours, 12 minutes and 58 seconds. That's professional athlete level and qualifies him to represent Great Britain at the next Commonwealth Games and European Championships.

It's the first marathon he's ever run.

He trains in his spare time, running with his dog.

What an extraordinary story.

Where i grew up there was heaps of my m8s who could do similar times with similar stories the dog being the only difference, it was usually being chased by a police dog lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee