Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:11 pm

'Settled science' based on 9 months of vaccine rollout? No thanks.

The problem is people thinking they're smarter than everyone else because of their specific views on the topic. It seems people who got the vaccine think they're somehow superior to those who haven't, completely retarded behaviour.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:50 pm

Santi wrote:'Settled science' based on 9 months of vaccine rollout? No thanks.

The problem is people thinking they're smarter than everyone else because of their specific views on the topic. It seems people who got the vaccine think they're somehow superior to those who haven't, completely retarded behaviour.

Not superior, we’ve just taken decisions based on the information presented and believe we’ve made the right decision.

I’m 60, but if I was 20, or even 30, I might have thought differently.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:51 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:we've already more than established that having the vaccine doesn't effect spreading it or catching it so what's the beef?

Incorrect misinformation.

No it isn't.

Vaccinated, can you catch it? can you spread it? yes!

Case closed.

Any other bits you want to throw in there are just unfounded grey area.

"Yes you can spread it but urhhm ........ not as much?" sounds like a bad American sales commercial.

If your claiming otherwise I want sources for studies done and how these tests were carried out, I don't want to hear some paid off Dr's "opinion" I want hard data.

There's way too much foundless opinion going on with this subject or statements coming from the same parties of "professionals" that were killing people in the first 6 months by shoving patients who were awake and could breath unassisted on ventilators only for them to fess up months later that "We shouldn't of been putting everyone on ventilators".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:57 pm

Rockape wrote:No point in having a forum fall out on this, it’s all about interpretation. If you don’t want something you are anti, if you do, then you are pro. Not to be confused with people who go out of their way to spread (mis) information about it, to push their agenda.

If someone doesn’t want to have it, that’s up to them, but they shouldn’t be surprised that with everything that’s gone on so far, the delta variant will catch up with you at some point and you hope it’s not going to be a serious issue.

But they're saying the current jab doesn't cover the Delta variant anyway.

Or at least that's what they were saying a few months ago.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:02 pm

Ach wrote:What's funnier than anti vaxxers?

Anti vaxxers that deny they are anti vaxxers

Whats funnier than Ach? Literally everything.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Jedi wrote:"I'm not a holocaust denier, I'm just asking questions. I mean, maybe it happened, maybe it didn't, who knows really? Why aren't we allowed to talk about it, though? Anyone who questions the MSM narrative that 6 million people died immediately gets censored."

^ This is you guys right now, but just switch the holocaust for the vaccines.

Anyone who questions settled science without the proper credentials to even understand basic biology, let alone viruses and vaccines is 100% an anti-vaxxer.

:rofll:

You need to stay off the drugs, that has to be the shittest comparison in Goonersworld history. Another reason why people should stay away from experimental drugs.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby 22-0 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:15 pm

science should ALWAYS be questioned.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Jedi » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:34 pm

No, that's you. You're the one with the ego who thinks you're smarter than everyone in the FDA, the CDC, the MHRA, the JCVI.. etc..

The World health organization coupled with every agency or body charged with determining the safety of vaccines, from every country and ideology in the world, all agree these vaccines are safe. And the vast majority of independent cellular or molecular biologists, chemists, biochemists, microbiologists, virologists and epidemiologists all agree with them too.

You have no idea how hard it is to get these drug agencies to actually approve these vaccines. The J&J vaccine rollout was suspended after 0.00008% reported blood clots in the US. That's 6 cases out of 6.8 million people who got the vaccine at the time. For comparison, about 0,5% of people are allergic to peanuts so about 34000 out of 6.8 million.

There's not a single authoritative body/organization in the world questioning the safety of these vaccines. That's called settled science.

But Santi from goonersworld thinks we need more time. Who the f**k are you to even have an opinion?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Jedi » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:44 pm

22-0 wrote:science should ALWAYS be questioned.

Yes. By the actual people who study the science.

Not by randos on twitter and facebook who don't even know how different viruses are classified. Do you know how complicated this stuff is? How can you have that level of ego that you can even think that you deserve to have an opinion on any of it?

Please give us your opinion on string theory vs loop quantum gravity next.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:01 pm

Jedi wrote:

No, that's you. You're the one with the ego who thinks you're smarter than everyone in the FDA, the CDC, the MHRA, the JCVI.. etc..

The World health organization coupled with every agency or body charged with determining the safety of vaccines, from every country and ideology in the world, all agree these vaccines are safe. And the vast majority of independent cellular or molecular biologists, chemists, biochemists, microbiologists, virologists and epidemiologists all agree with them too.

You have no idea how hard it is to get these drug agencies to actually approve these vaccines. The J&J vaccine rollout was suspended after 0.00008% reported blood clots in the US. That's 6 cases out of 6.8 million people who got the vaccine at the time. For comparison, about 0,5% of people are allergic to peanuts so about 34000 out of 6.8 million.

There's not a single authoritative body/organization in the world questioning the safety of these vaccines. That's called settled science.

But Santi from goonersworld thinks we need more time. Who the f**k are you to even have an opinion?

I'm not telling anyone else they need more time, but personally yes I want to wait. What that has to do with the rest of your entitled drivel is beyond me. You're the one on here telling people explicitly to 'get the vaccine'.

Stop being a stuck up c*** all your life buddy.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:04 pm

Rockape wrote:

Not superior, we’ve just taken decisions based on the information presented and believe we’ve made the right decision.

I’m 60, but if I was 20, or even 30, I might have thought differently.

Well yes, some people are able to take it and not act superior. However, there are certainly some c**** who think they're smarter than others because they've taken it, it's beyond pathetic and entitled.

Exactly what you've said in bold is the same for everyone at this point in time, hence there's no reason for anyone to act superior.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:What's funnier than anti vaxxers?

Anti vaxxers that deny they are anti vaxxers

Whats funnier than Ach? Literally everything.

Typical response
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:31 pm

I had my AZ jab but I respect the rights of those who don't want to have it and nor should they be forced or blackmailed to get it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:38 pm

Jedi wrote:
22-0 wrote:science should ALWAYS be questioned.

Yes. By the actual people who study the science.

Not by randos on twitter and facebook who don't even know how different viruses are classified. Do you know how complicated this stuff is? How can you have that level of ego that you can even think that you deserve to have an opinion on any of it?

Please give us your opinion on string theory vs loop quantum gravity next.

Here he goes with that extremist mentality again.

"You must not question authority, you must do as the state orders you to".

See and he wonders why I came up with that Eastern european politics theory remark, you just prove why I thought that over and over again.

You can't stand independent thought and you show it every time.

I could make looooong list of the stuff "we" the people have been told that has turned out to be horrendous BS, lets have a little look...............

Cigarettes are good for you.

Anyone with Covid stick them on a ventilator - hundreds maybe thousands died because of that.

Covid statistics being doctored - reported from multiple sources

There will be no vaccine passports.

Jews are sub human.

WMD's in Iraq.

Water in Flint Michigan is safe to drink.

...............these are just a short list of things business and Gov't's / Gov depts have told us over the years that are categorically false or have led to harm you fkin lemming.

Barrack Obama himself stuck up for the Flint water when he knew it was contaminated and nurses have come forward to say they were told to doctor the blood results of CHILDREN.

Your problem is you have no concept of where agenda's and money making start and advice to the public who they see as peasants ends.

These fks have pilffered billions of our tax funds to contractors for everything Covid, to their friends and business associates in return for shadow stocks and "favours" and then they raise National Insurance because they knew that just like with the bank crashes in 2008 us the mugs! will foot the bill so they and their pals can get rich.

.......... and you're asking us not to question them?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:57 pm

Santi wrote:
I'm not telling anyone else they need more time, but personally yes I want to wait. What that has to do with the rest of your entitled drivel is beyond me. You're the one on here telling people explicitly to 'get the vaccine'.

Stop being a stuck up c*** all your life buddy.

If you don't have an opinion on what others should do why are you even in this thread then? Nobody was calling out your personal decision, you chose to interject in the discussion with a false claim - saying that the science isn't settled.

As far as my opinion goes, I don't have an opinion on the science itself, because It's not my field of study and, just like you, don't have the credentials to have an opinion. But what I do know is that all of the leading experts and all bodies with any authority on this subject agree that the vaccines meet all standards of safety and are incredibly effective in the fight against the virus.

So, yes, everyone should take the vaccine, not because I say so, but because the people who understand the science behind the vaccine all agree we should take them.

And one last thing. Fence sitting and saying "everyone should decide for themselves" is an opinion. And a horrible one at that. What you're essentially recommending is that average folk, who know nothing about the vaccines, should value their own opinion over the opinion of the experts who have studied vaccines their whole lives. It's absolutely horrendous advice.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee