Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:17 pm

LMAO wrote:
22-0 wrote:Since you're calling them anti vaxxers you already have no idea what this is about.

99% of the people against this covid shit aint anti vax.

Would help if you read earlier posts tbh. I don't feel like typing "anti-COVID vax" every time.

anti-vax = opposed to vaccination

Do people not want to get vaccinated? Ergo, anti-vax. And yes, I'm including the vaccine hesitant in this because we have months and billions of data points by now for the COVID vaccines. The material in the vaccines are flushed out of your body within 3 weeks. If side effects were going to show up, they'd show up in that 3 week period.

It's not that complicated.

There are plenty of side affects that are known and plenty that are probably not, we have NO mid to long term data on this ! The register for adverse effects increases daily.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:40 pm

theHotHead wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Anything I don't like is communism, and the more I don't like it, the more communismer it is.

The government isn't forcing anyone. You can choose to get vaccinated and keep your job, or you can choose to not and re re re all the way to unemployment. It might be coercive, but it's still a choice at the end of the day. Besides, nothing is stopping the anti-vax crowd from starting their own companies, keeping the payroll under 100 people, and not contracting with the federal government if they feel so strongly about it :dontknow:

I think it's a good idea because I'd prefer the unvaccinated or those without natural immunity to not hog up ICUs for the more unfortunate (like people in vehicle accidents for example) and putting unnecessary strain on our medical system. I'd be perfectly okay with COVID vaccine mandates done away with if the anti-vax crowd agrees to be deprioritized/triaged for treatment if they contract the virus and need medical assistance for it.

Are you trying to be funny ? How is that a choice ??

I am at the point where I know almost as many people who caught covid whilst being double jabbed as those that caught covid who were not vaccinated. So if the vaccinated are as likely to catch it and transmit it, why do unvaccinated need to lose their jobs if they refuse to be vaccinated ???

I'm completely serious.

choice: the ability to select from more than one option

From the perspective of the anti-vaxxers, it may be a Sophie's choice, but it's still that—a choice.

Also, the primary goal of the vaccines was never to prevent infection or transmission.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:47 pm

theHotHead wrote:
LMAO wrote:
22-0 wrote:Since you're calling them anti vaxxers you already have no idea what this is about.

99% of the people against this covid shit aint anti vax.

Would help if you read earlier posts tbh. I don't feel like typing "anti-COVID vax" every time.

anti-vax = opposed to vaccination

Do people not want to get vaccinated? Ergo, anti-vax. And yes, I'm including the vaccine hesitant in this because we have months and billions of data points by now for the COVID vaccines. The material in the vaccines are flushed out of your body within 3 weeks. If side effects were going to show up, they'd show up in that 3 week period.

It's not that complicated.

There are plenty of side affects that are known and plenty that are probably not, we have NO mid to long term data on this ! The register for adverse effects increases daily.

We have no long-term data on COVID side effects while being unvaccinated, but if you're willing to roll that dice, then go ahead.

And yeah, no one ever said there wouldn't be side effects. It's medicine. Of course there are going to be side effects. But, the odds of you getting some life altering side effect are basically zilch.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Rockape » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:57 am

Telegraph:

EXPENSIVE Covid tests for returning travellers are set to be ditched for the double jabbed in a boost to holiday plans for the autumn half-term.

Boris Johnson is also expected to replace the traffic light system for travel and reduce the number of countries on the red list.

However, the rules could get tighter for the unvaccinated, who may have to quarantine for 10 days whichever country they return from.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:00 am

And rightly so
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:25 am

My brother-in-law is a scientist, he pushed for us to get the Astrazenica jab as the basis of that vaccine has been in use for ten years or more, so it is kind of tried and tested in that respect. The only element that changes is it's response to the Covid virus.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:20 pm

Ach wrote:And rightly so

Why ? Who do the unvaccinated affect ? Nonsensical science.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:29 pm

Rockape wrote:Telegraph:

EXPENSIVE Covid tests for returning travellers are set to be ditched for the double jabbed in a boost to holiday plans for the autumn half-term.

Boris Johnson is also expected to replace the traffic light system for travel and reduce the number of countries on the red list.

However, the rules could get tighter for the unvaccinated, who may have to quarantine for 10 days whichever country they return from.

So it'll be all those vaccinated bringing in Covid to this country willy nilly?

We know it won't be the un-vaccinated seeing as they will be thoroughly tested so we'll know who's to blame for spikes in Covid numbers.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

This Gov't will answer for this come voting time.

This is a war against our civil rights and a raid on our taxes, I've not voted in years, not even on Brexit ............ but I will this time and I'm sure many others who have been targeted by these vultures will as well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:29 pm

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-58597909?at_campaign=64&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_medium=custom7&at_custom4=FBCB26F0-17CB-11EC-A7E6-5E15BECD475E&at_custom3=BBC+News&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D

Saw sense too late

Yeah I guess.

So did these people .......... oh wait.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 97372.html

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... 9-daughter

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... us-vaccine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ary-covid/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... seychelles

Want to do some more rounds?

Idiot.

Funny though, my ex work colleagues, a good few of them, I recall at least 5 or so all had Covid and hadn't been vaccinated and they are all living their best lives as we speak.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:13 am

Anti vaxxers are hilarious
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:24 am

Ach wrote:Anti vaxxers are hilarious

............ but good at making you look stupid.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:40 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:Anti vaxxers are hilarious

............ but good at making you look stupid.

Really? I'm not the one not taking the vaccine that may save my life cos of stuff said on Facebook.

But hey you obviously have no intention of going on holidays. Have fun at home whilst the rest of us enjoy our lives
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:41 am

BREAKTHROUGH infection deaths after a second vaccine are far more likely in people who are old or already ill, a study found.

Researchers at the universities of Oxford and Edinburgh analysed health data from 6.9 million vaccinated adults, of whom 5.2 million had a second dose.

There were 2,031 deaths between Dec 8 2020 and June 15 this year and the vast majority (96 per cent) were in people who had only had one dose – 1,950 compared with 81 who had been fully vaccinated.

But the team also found that people with certain conditions had a far greater chance of dying from Covid after a second jab. Down syndrome increased the risk nearly 13 fold, while a kidney transplant increased the chance of death eight times. Living in a care home or undergoing chemotherapy increased the risk fourfold, while having HIV or AIDS or liver cirrhosis raised the chance of death more than threefold.

Prof Aziz Sheikh, Professor of Primary Care Research & Development at University of Edinburgh, said: “The commonest denominator is age and then multimorbidity profiles, so if your organ system is compromised as a result of existing disease, you lay on more risk as that condition deteriorates.”

Julia Hippisley-Cox, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology and General Practice at the University of Oxford, added: “One of the large messages is once you are double-vaccinated then the risk of serious outcomes is very small. However, there are some factors associated with an increased risk.” The research was published in the BMJ.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:29 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-58597909?at_campaign=64&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_medium=custom7&at_custom4=FBCB26F0-17CB-11EC-A7E6-5E15BECD475E&at_custom3=BBC+News&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D

Saw sense too late

Yeah I guess.

So did these people .......... oh wait.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 97372.html

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... 9-daughter

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... us-vaccine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ary-covid/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... seychelles

Want to do some more rounds?

Idiot.

Funny though, my ex work colleagues, a good few of them, I recall at least 5 or so all had Covid and hadn't been vaccinated and they are all living their best lives as we speak.

LOOOOOL
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee