In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:53 pm

Goonerred wrote:Wow.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-58021718

'Australia has deployed hundreds of soldiers to Sydney to help enforce a Covid lockdown.

A Delta outbreak which began in June has produced nearly 3,000 infections and led to nine deaths.'

And to think the British Empire fought two world wars to stop something like that happening.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:58 pm

They fought world wars to stop people dying from a virus?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:53 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Goonerred wrote:Wow.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-58021718

'Australia has deployed hundreds of soldiers to Sydney to help enforce a Covid lockdown.

A Delta outbreak which began in June has produced nearly 3,000 infections and led to nine deaths.'

And to think the British Empire fought two world wars to stop something like that happening.

Yeah 9 people dead is not enough to enforce marshall law now is it?

Also ........... what happened to the "All we need is the vaccine" talk.

What is the point of a vaccine if this sort of stuff is still continuing, seems to me its back to square one.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:11 pm

Australia have been very strict with any outbreak from the start and its worked well for them. They have had festivals and clubs open for months so I don’t get why their people wouldnt understand their approach all of a sudden.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:11 am

I don't know where to put this, but I think people are over using the term 'Mental Health Issues.'

Tyrone MIngs says he suffered mental health issues before the Euros becausee 95% of the nation doubted his inclusion. I think a lot of people have mental health issues then, before tricky meetings, before OFSTED inspections, doing a grinding job for little pay. I mean, people have to get a grip. I've been a keen sportswomen all my life, I would have loved to have represented my counry, I would also have had doubts , but I would call it nerves and lack of confidence, not bloody mental health issues.
Is it me or is it them?
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:37 am

Goonerred wrote:I don't know where to put this, but I think people are over using the term 'Mental Health Issues.'

Tyrone MIngs says he suffered mental health issues before the Euros becausee 95% of the nation doubted his inclusion. I think a lot of people have mental health issues then, before tricky meetings, before OFSTED inspections, doing a grinding job for little pay. I mean, people have to get a grip. I've been a keen sportswomen all my life, I would have loved to have represented my counry, I would also have had doubts , but I would call it nerves and lack of confidence, not bloody mental health issues.
Is it me or is it them?

Definitely them but the woke brigade will give you real mental health issues by making you think you're in the wrong and not accepting people's poor little feelings.

It's really become a complete joke, anything and everything is now a 'mental health issue' and with it being invisible you can't challenge anyone on it. Meanwhile, the much lesser proportion of people with genuine mental health issues, don't get the care and attention they need because millionaires are having issues with the number of likes they get on instagram...
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:06 pm

Santi wrote:
Goonerred wrote:I don't know where to put this, but I think people are over using the term 'Mental Health Issues.'

Is it me or is it them?

Definitely them but the woke brigade will give you real mental health issues by making you think you're in the wrong and not accepting people's poor little feelings.

It's really become a complete joke, anything and everything is now a 'mental health issue' and with it being invisible you can't challenge anyone on it. Meanwhile, the much lesser proportion of people with genuine mental health issues, don't get the care and attention they need because millionaires are having issues with the number of likes they get on instagram...

You're right, it is doing a disservice to people with real mental health issues. We've had doctors and nurses putting their lives on the line, sometimes losing it, in this pandemic. They have talked of burn out and mental health issues seeing so many people dying and not being able to help them. We are living in a weird world and the media just champion them for coming out and saying that they have mental health issues. (The sports stars I mean, not the medical staff, they need championing in my opinion)
Last edited by Goonerred on Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:18 pm

Yep.

Soon a boss won't be allowed to chastise an employee in case it causes the person to have a complete breakdown.

I understand the cricket issue with Ben Stokes. The guys are away from home for sometimes six months at a time, and with covid meaning they're stuck in hotel rooms with no family, thousands of miles from home, you can understand how someone can get really stressed out with that.

But Tyrone Mings crying because Rio Ferdinand had a go at him... please.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:21 am

The trans insanity continues.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tran ... -0fmbhm3bn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... wards.html

'One trust told medics to withdraw treatment if a female patient refused to accept an intact male on women’s wards until 2019.'

How they possibly be considered female if they are 'intact'?
Goonerred

Postby Ach » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:24 am

There's a trans playing for the Canadian women's team who just beat USA in the semis in the Olympics

Lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:25 am

Goonerred wrote:The trans insanity continues.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/trans-sex-offenders-can-go-on-womens-wards-hospitals-advise-0fmbhm3bn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... wards.html

'One trust told medics to withdraw treatment if a female patient refused to accept an intact male on women’s wards until 2019.'

How they possibly be considered female if they are 'intact'?

They should geld them first then.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:30 am

Ach wrote:There's a trans playing for the Canadian women's team who just beat USA in the semis in the Olympics

Lol

That's quite ironic.
The US women's team are mouthpieces for the woke brigade. Especially that Rapino or whatever her name is. Quite funny a trans athlete helped Canada knock her US team out.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:34 am

Phil71 wrote:Yep.

Soon a boss won't be allowed to chastise an employee in case it causes the person to have a complete breakdown.

I understand the cricket issue with Ben Stokes. The guys are away from home for sometimes six months at a time, and with covid meaning they're stuck in hotel rooms with no family, thousands of miles from home, you can understand how someone can get really stressed out with that.

It's become the new trendy thing to have and is being seized upon as a perfect way to dodge accountability, something the social media generation seem to always find ways to do.
As always it's disgusting when a serious issue is hijacked like this.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:39 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Yep.

It's become the new trendy thing to have and is being seized upon as a perfect way to dodge accountability, something the social media generation seem to always find ways to do.
As always it's disgusting when a serious issue is hijacked like this.

Spot on it's disgusting, now the new buzzword is Mental Health, that's all we are going to hear now, it's doing a disservice to those who have genuine mental health problems. Fooking trendy W****rs just using that excuse for anything they don't like. I got a slight headache I can't do that I have mental health issues. Bunch of tossers. :BangHead:
Nuggets

Postby Goonerred » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:08 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:There's a trans playing for the Canadian women's team who just beat USA in the semis in the Olympics

Lol

That's quite ironic.
The US women's team are mouthpieces for the woke brigade. Especially that Rapino or whatever her name is. Quite funny a trans athlete helped Canada knock her US team out.

It would be if the issue wasn't so wrong to have transgender athletes competing with women, but I take your point.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee