In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Rockape » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:00 pm

only just seen the images of the devastation in Germany following the floods that have killed 99 people so far.

Incredible! :shock:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm

Its pretty bad here in the netherlands aswell. I am very near the floodings but we should be fine

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:34 pm

Rockape wrote:only just seen the images of the devastation in Germany following the floods that have killed 99 people so far.

Incredible! :shock:

Over a 1600 people are still missing. (Mostly in Germany.)

At least 40 have died in Belgium, but—with over 130 people still unaccounted for—that number is expected to rise.

Don't think The Netherlands have reported any fatalities. Hopefully it stays that way.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Terrible situation in Germany.

Not just a clean up job. The whole f***ing infrastructure of towns and villages has been obliterated. Roads, bridges, power, water, sewage systems, everything. Gone.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:58 pm

Biblical scenes!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:02 pm

Germany has had issues with flooding since the Roman times, particularly where the mouth of the river Elbe is.

Its what made the Saxons have to migrate.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:13 pm

Police shoot man suspected of beheading boy, 13, and 'eating part of his head'

Local police reportedly found the body of a young boy beheaded in an apartment in Tarascon on Sunday.

A body was found with the head and an arm sawn off - before the head was found in a bucket partially eaten.

Investigations into the case of the missing teen led detectives to the apartment of a 32-year-old man thought to suffer from a psychiatric disorder.

You don't say!

What the f**k...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... n=sharebar
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:08 am

Phil71 wrote:Police shoot man suspected of beheading boy, 13, and 'eating part of his head'

Local police reportedly found the body of a young boy beheaded in an apartment in Tarascon on Sunday.

A body was found with the head and an arm sawn off - before the head was found in a bucket partially eaten.

Investigations into the case of the missing teen led detectives to the apartment of a 32-year-old man thought to suffer from a psychiatric disorder.

You don't say!

What the f**k...

Feck what is going on in the world today. :disgust:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:52 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Police shoot man suspected of beheading boy, 13, and 'eating part of his head'

You don't say!

What the f**k...

That sort of stuff has been going on for decades.

Mentally ill most of them, others that are serial killers.

Some of the mentally ill cases are so bad its inhuman what they did, it does make you wonder, why does being mentally ill always manifest into people being violent and extreme?

What urge apart from maybe a release of frustration does it serve people who are psycho's to commit these heinous acts?

Its almost like they're crazy but they feel the need to push past even that barrier into pure insanity.

Some of the stuff I've read is almost unbelievable, would seem far fetched for even a movie.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

You don't say!

What the f**k...

That sort of stuff has been going on for decades.

Mentally ill most of them, others that are serial killers.

Some of the mentally ill cases are so bad its inhuman what they did, it does make you wonder, why does being mentally ill always manifest into people being violent and extreme?

What urge apart from maybe a release of frustration does it serve people who are psycho's to commit these heinous acts?

Its almost like they're crazy but they feel the need to push past even that barrier into pure insanity.

Some of the stuff I've read is almost unbelievable, would seem far fetched for even a movie.

Case in the news recently about the bloke who thought he sold his soul to satan and that the devil would let him win the lottery if he sacrificed two women.

He went over the park and stabbed two sisters to death.

And yes there are some really sick things that happen in the world. In this country even. That fella who killed Rachel Nickell on Wimbledon Common in front of her toddler. He went on to murder another young mother in her own flat - only this time he cut off one of her breasts and disembowelled her - spreading her insides out around her body. He killed the kid this time as well.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:50 pm

I wonder what would happen to these people if they weren't caught and kept going on.

How long would they continue, what state would they would be in personally and socially over the years.

How can you function normally after committing such acts of madness?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:38 pm

The bloke I'm talking about -Robert Napper - I reckon would have kept raping and killing. He was the Green Chain rapist. Over 70 rapes and sexual assaults to his name, as well as one manslaughter and two murders. Also suspected of more murders.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:02 pm

Phil71 wrote:The bloke I'm talking about -Robert Napper - I reckon would have kept raping and killing. He was the Green Chain rapist. Over 70 rapes and sexual assaults to his name, as well as one manslaughter and two murders. Also suspected of more murders.

I'm talking more about the crazy killers who are like drinking blood and eating peoples remains and gutting them etc.

Not sure how you go down your local supermarket or hold a job when you've done stuff worse than a Freddy Kruger movie.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:02 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:The bloke I'm talking about -Robert Napper - I reckon would have kept raping and killing. He was the Green Chain rapist. Over 70 rapes and sexual assaults to his name, as well as one manslaughter and two murders. Also suspected of more murders.

I'm talking more about the crazy killers who are like drinking blood and eating peoples remains and gutting them etc.

Not sure how you go down your local supermarket or hold a job when you've done stuff worse than a Freddy Kruger movie.

I recall reading a true crime book some years ago where a fella who was serving a long prison sentence for armed robbery got into a conversation with a guy on his landing about tips and tricks of the trade. The guy he was talking to was a proper gangster, and his tip was, if you're going to cut up a body in a bath for disposal, leave the arms on until last, as it helps stop the body spinning around when you're cutting it up.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:52 am

Wow.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-58021718

'Australia has deployed hundreds of soldiers to Sydney to help enforce a Covid lockdown.

A Delta outbreak which began in June has produced nearly 3,000 infections and led to nine deaths.'
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee