Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:16 pm

July 19 it is then.

A shame as it means my birthday now comes under the new date but saving lives more important
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:18 pm

He said they will review it in two weeks and will open up if the data is looking OK.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:23 pm

Sensible enough.

Not a fan of Boris and co but he's done well here
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:39 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:Not everything has to be a conspiracy though does it. It could just be possible that the situation is changing and solutions need to be adapted....just throwing it out there.

I'm not rushing to get the vaccine either but JFC just let the gov and scientists do their jobs, if they don't do good enough then they'll be held accountable in time.

I doubt anyone will be held accountable in such circumstances.

Of course they will. You think everyone will just ignore the last 18 months when it comes to the next election? It may lessen in significance by then but it’ll have an impact. The scientists will probably be able to fade more into the background but health secretary etc will still be ousted if they are proven incompetent.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:Not everything has to be a conspiracy though does it. It could just be possible that the situation is changing and solutions need to be adapted....just throwing it out there.

I'm not rushing to get the vaccine either but JFC just let the gov and scientists do their jobs, if they don't do good enough then they'll be held accountable in time.

Of course they will. You think everyone will just ignore the last 18 months when it comes to the next election? It may lessen in significance by then but it’ll have an impact. The scientists will probably be able to fade more into the background but health secretary etc will still be ousted if they are proven incompetent.

Iraq War and those pesky weapons of mass destruction. Grenfell Towers. Hillsborough...... Seen too many cases of major crimes not being dealt with for me to believe someone will be held accountable in this case. You have a different idea of accountability if you think being voted out years later is enough.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Rockape » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:49 pm

Accountability starts and stops in China.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:57 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Iraq War and those pesky weapons of mass destruction. Grenfell Towers. Hillsborough...... Seen too many cases of major crimes not being dealt with for me to believe someone will be held accountable in this case. You have a different idea of accountability if you think being voted out years later is enough.

Well when I posted it that’s what I meant, not my fault you came along with a different definition. What do you want, Boris in jail for not closing the borders quick enough??
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:01 pm

Rockape wrote:Accountability starts and stops in China.

Starts in China but I wouldn’t say it stops there. They definitely have to establish what tge heck they were doing and especially now it's believed it was made in a lab. We seem to skirted right passed how this whole mess started for sure. But if they were to find that these jabs were somehow unsafe years later or just useless, someone should be held accountable for that too.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:43 pm

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Well when I posted it that’s what I meant, not my fault you came along with a different definition. What do you want, Boris in jail for not closing the borders quick enough??

That's not what he said though.

You said Boris will be held accountable if he does a bad / worse job, PnG said he probably won't.

.......... and he's right isn't he?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:28 am

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

We think differently. We have a different idea of accountability and you're changing the subject. We were talking about the safety of the vaccine, money being made off this and a conspiracy. Not everything is a conspiracy but if it were and many died as a result, you're idea of a accountability is just to vote them out? Jail time gets handed out for less to the average person. Kill someone whilst speeding and you're likely to see jail time.

I only just heard about the baby powder Johnson and Johnson case. Back in the 70s, the sold the product knowing that it had asbestos and led to thousands of cancer cases. https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/johnsonandjohnson-cancer/

Nearly 50 years later they get a fine. Those responsible for the decision have probably died of old age, retired and suffered no consequence. Aren’t Johnson and Johnson supplying Covid vaccines as well?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:56 pm

Scottish fans responsible for rise in covid
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:18 am

Fully vaccinated, and currently on day eight of having COVID-19 - ask your questions here.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:30 am

Seems like you're living

Vaccine works
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:33 am

Ach wrote:Seems like you're living

Vaccine works

If what they say about the vaccines reducing the symptoms is true, I am indeed alive, and very grateful I had the chance to have the vaccines. I would not have wanted the full blown symptoms, the reduced are bad enough.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rockape » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:47 am

Luzh 22 wrote:
Ach wrote:Seems like you're living

Vaccine works

If what they say about the vaccines reducing the symptoms is true, I am indeed alive, and very grateful I had the chance to have the vaccines. I would not have wanted the full blown symptoms, the reduced are bad enough.

Yup, I friend of mine who is 50 and a very fit mountain biker got it recently and was really ill for a few days, so its definitely something to avoid, regardless of the vaccine.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee