Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:15 am

Vaccines don't stop you catching a disease they just prevent that disease (hopefully) from killing you by creating antibodies in your system ... even if we are all vaccinated we can still have a wave of infections it's just that vaccines mean people won't die ... the issue is that hospitals will be overrun, that's always been the issue, if hospitals can't cope then things get real bad real fast ... hence lock-downs.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:59 am

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/pfizer-at-home-covid-pill-could-be-available-by-year-end-ceo-albert-bourla-says.html

Pfizer are working on pill treatment and hope to roll out by the end of the year. Seen news of some other companies also working on a pill. That's the game changer. 100% of the world population getting vaccinated is unrealistic.

The narrative keeps on changing. First it was heard immunity then it shifted to a vaccination for the most vulnerable and now it seems like every living soul needs a jab. If all the most vulnerable people are vaccinated, I can't see why everyone needs it. I had Covid, most of my family had Covid and it was like a mild cold for me. No exaggeration. Normal flu has put me down for much longer. It's a crazy time we're living in.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:43 am

Power n Glory wrote:https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/pfizer-at-home-covid-pill-could-be-available-by-year-end-ceo-albert-bourla-says.html

Pfizer are working on pill treatment and hope to roll out by the end of the year. Seen news of some other companies also working on a pill. That's the game changer. 100% of the world population getting vaccinated is unrealistic.

The narrative keeps on changing. First it was heard immunity then it shifted to a vaccination for the most vulnerable and now it seems like every living soul needs a jab. If all the most vulnerable people are vaccinated, I can't see why everyone needs it. I had Covid, most of my family had Covid and it was like a mild cold for me. No exaggeration. Normal flu has put me down for much longer. It's a crazy time we're living in.

I know someone who had it and his lungs are scarred for life and he gets breathless more quickly than he used to. Everyone seems to react differently to this virus.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:01 am

Goonerred wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/pfizer-at-home-covid-pill-could-be-available-by-year-end-ceo-albert-bourla-says.html

I know someone who had it and his lungs are scarred for life and he gets breathless more quickly than he used to. Everyone seems to react differently to this virus.

What's the age group?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:51 am

Under 50
Goonerred

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 am

Goonerred wrote:Under 50

Narrow it down at least. Lol. We could be talking about a 16 year old.

Underlying health conditions known? I've heard some family members talk about fatigue and shortness of breath in some situations but they're still working out in the gym as normal and carrying on. Seems to effect everyone differently but I haven’t seen a severe case around me.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:04 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Goonerred wrote:Under 50

Narrow it down at least. Lol. We could be talking about a 16 year old.

Underlying health conditions known? I've heard some family members talk about fatigue and shortness of breath in some situations but they're still working out in the gym as normal and carrying on. Seems to effect everyone differently but I haven’t seen a severe case around me.

About 45. No underlying health conditions.
Goonerred

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:45 pm

One word ............ £££££

Its like being a drug dealer, every person who gets a vaccine jab = more ££££ for the supplier.

Gov'ts showing the Columbians how its done.

I spoke to this one customer of mine who works for a company who is developing a test which tells you if your positive within minutes or hours (can't remember) he said the company if approved is looking to make billions by replacing the old tests.

This isn't going away until we make them.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:59 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Vaccines don't stop you catching a disease they just prevent that disease (hopefully) from killing you by creating antibodies in your system ... even if we are all vaccinated we can still have a wave of infections it's just that vaccines mean people won't die ... the issue is that hospitals will be overrun, that's always been the issue, if hospitals can't cope then things get real bad real fast ... hence lock-downs.

Do they not?

Makes sense to me but that's not how this is being sold (see below taken from the WHO).

Also regardless, even if you can still get it then why are they so hyped about all these new cases, surely if people have been vaccinated then it shouldn't matter, they're safe right?

.............. or is it because they're not?

When someone is vaccinated, they are very likely to be protected against the targeted disease. But not everyone can be vaccinated. People with underlying health conditions that weaken their immune systems or who have severe allergies may not be able to get vaccinated. These people can still be protected if they live in and amongst others who are vaccinated. When a lot of people in a community are vaccinated the pathogen has a hard time circulating because most of the people it encounters are immune. So the more that others are vaccinated, the less likely people who are unable to be protected by vaccines are at risk of even being exposed to the harmful pathogens. This is called herd immunity.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-s ... cines-work

The issue here is 35m people in the UK (which is half the population) have been vaccinated, so why is Boris talking about extending the lockdown?

Half the country are "safe" right, but they aren't are they .......... because variants.

So being vaccinated was a complete waste of time if this is the case.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:07 pm

................. ahh, well here's the answer.

Roll up, roll up, all 35m of you need to start over again, line up please ££££££

12 people who died with Indian Covid variant in UK were fully vaccinated

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/14/12-peopl ... -14765923/

.......... in fact the whole world needs to line up again, rinse and repeat, I wonder if this is because Europe refuses to go the Private medical route like America wants us to, the Pharma companies got us in the end anyway right?

Charging us for vaccinations that don't even do the job.

Oh, it keeps coming .....................

Headache and runny nose linked to Delta variant

A headache, sore throat and runny nose are now the most commonly reported symptoms linked to Covid infection in the UK, researchers say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57467051

So not only have they hijacked the Flu symptoms, they're now trying to hijack the common cold.

Delta variant, Indian variant .............. lets keep this show going.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:43 pm

Not everything has to be a conspiracy though does it. It could just be possible that the situation is changing and solutions need to be adapted....just throwing it out there.

I'm not rushing to get the vaccine either but JFC just let the gov and scientists do their jobs, if they don't do good enough then they'll be held accountable in time.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:58 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:................. ahh, well here's the answer.

Roll up, roll up, all 35m of you need to start over again, line up please ££££££

12 people who died with Indian Covid variant in UK were fully vaccinated

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/14/12-peopl ... -14765923/

.......... in fact the whole world needs to line up again, rinse and repeat, I wonder if this is because Europe refuses to go the Private medical route like America wants us to, the Pharma companies got us in the end anyway right?

Charging us for vaccinations that don't even do the job.

Oh, it keeps coming .....................

Headache and runny nose linked to Delta variant

A headache, sore throat and runny nose are now the most commonly reported symptoms linked to Covid infection in the UK, researchers say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57467051

So not only have they hijacked the Flu symptoms, they're now trying to hijack the common cold.

Delta variant, Indian variant .............. lets keep this show going.

The goal posts keep on moving. So 12 have died from the Indian variant despite being fully vaccinated. Doesn't inspire me with much confidence.

As for the symptoms, they've always been vague. I remember last year anything could have qualified for Covid. Sent people into a panic despite not being able to get tested. They said a high fever and temperature were signs of Covid and then it turned out you could be asymptomatic! Nuts.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Santi wrote:Not everything has to be a conspiracy though does it. It could just be possible that the situation is changing and solutions need to be adapted....just throwing it out there.

I'm not rushing to get the vaccine either but JFC just let the gov and scientists do their jobs, if they don't do good enough then they'll be held accountable in time.

I doubt anyone will be held accountable in such circumstances.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:46 pm

I heard that the reason they holding off is because one dose of the vaccine is not as effective against this new variant as two is. It makes sense to try to get as many people as possibe with a second dose before lifting everything. It was always said that it would be data not dates, the stupid media as usual just latched onto that and have been sensationalising all day talking to people who will be hardest hit. Everybody will moan if we lift restrictions and see the cases and death go up rapidly. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Goonerred

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:10 pm

Boris with the bald robots breaking the deal. Thankfully most have had enough and are going to ignore everything from the 21st
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee