Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Angelito » Fri May 14, 2021 5:19 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Lol f**k off.

Also someone needs to tell Biden that a "rule" is not a law and is not enforceable.

Also good luck enforcing this even if it were a law, you would need about a billion officers wandering around at all times to ask anyone not wearing a mask to show proof of vaccination.

What an asinine tweet.

The asinine thing is Dr Fauci coming out and stating that vaccinated folks don't need to wear masks. Why would you say that amidst a global pandemic?

Now you'll have those anti-mask folks pretend like they're vaccinated even when they're not just to avoid wearing masks.

It's not either/or. As long as everyone under the sun isn't vaccinated, it isn't.

Plus, weren't there studies that vaccines do not fully prevent transmission? It stabilizes our body's reaction to the virus, thereby, stopping our immune system from going berserk but studies are still being carried out on whether it puts a stopper on transmissions altogether.

Dems are falling in the same trap again. To appease the anti-mask fanbase, they're being irresponsible.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:28 pm

I'd just like to say that people shouldn't wear a flask, mask, shouldn't wear a scarf...mask. And those people who do wear a mask...vaccinations, vaccinated, get vaccinated should wear a mask, shouldn't wear a mask.

God bless America
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Sun May 16, 2021 7:33 am

Boris has been accepting the plaudits for the vaccine roll out , quite rightly, but you can’t help but wonder why it took so long to shut down immigration from India. Crazy decision that is now reaping its reward!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:43 am

Rockape wrote:Boris has been accepting the plaudits for the vaccine roll out , quite rightly, but you can’t help but wonder why it took so long to shut down immigration from India. Crazy decision that is now reaping its reward!

Political no doubt.

And yes crazy.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:06 pm

Do people with the Indian variant get the Pun Jab?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Sun May 16, 2021 12:20 pm

Phil71 wrote:Do people with the Indian variant get the Pun Jab?

This is for you :hiding:
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Lmao
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Goonerred » Mon May 17, 2021 7:38 am

Be cautious people. Lockdown is virtually lifted today, but Covid has not gone away. I'm carrying on as normal, ie not going out and mixing. If I go to a pub, I will stay outside. The cameras showed an interview with a young man sitting outside a pub, when asked what he was going to do when everything opened. It's a free for all, he said. I'm carrying on as normal from now on, I don't want to go into lockdown again. Do you think he knows what put us in lockdown in the first place? :dontknow:
Goonerred

Postby Rockape » Mon May 17, 2021 8:13 am

What put us into lockdown in the first place and the second place was a fear of the NHS being overwhelmed! There are now hardly any cases of COVID in our hospitals and the vaccine means you won’t get anything more than very mild symptoms. That’s been proven with the experience of Indian health workers who have been vaccinated.

So by all means continue to be careful, but don’t expect everyone to feel the same.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerred » Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 am

Rockape wrote:What put us into lockdown in the first place and the second place was a fear of the NHS being overwhelmed! There are now hardly any cases of COVID in our hospitals and the vaccine means you won’t get anything more than very mild symptoms. That’s been proven with the experience of Indian health workers who have been vaccinated.

So by all means continue to be careful, but don’t expect everyone to feel the same.

If hopital cases rise, we will go into lockdown again. My point is, you'd think people would just exercise a bit of caution. I hope this vaccine is as good as they say it is.
Goonerred

Postby Dejan » Mon May 17, 2021 8:55 am

gyms opening up here on wednesday

f***ing hell finally
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:59 am

Goonerred wrote:
Rockape wrote:What put us into lockdown in the first place and the second place was a fear of the NHS being overwhelmed! There are now hardly any cases of COVID in our hospitals and the vaccine means you won’t get anything more than very mild symptoms. That’s been proven with the experience of Indian health workers who have been vaccinated.

If hopital cases rise, we will go into lockdown again. My point is, you'd think people would just exercise a bit of caution. I hope this vaccine is as good as they say it is.

The reduction in the number of cases is testament to that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 am

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but this whole thing is just a never ending nightmare - for the world, not just here.
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:19 am

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but this whole thing is just a never ending nightmare - for the world, not just here.

Yes you're right to be cautious.

And the vaccine of course doesn't make a person bulletproof. It's designed the reduce the impact of coronavirus. Some people who are vaccinated will still die from it. But the numbers will be much, much lower than if people weren't vaccinated.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Mon May 17, 2021 11:20 am

Off to the cable cars today

Might as well take advantage before we get another lockdown
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee