Coronavirus (COVID-19)

In Tribute to Drama, SE13 & Fabrestuta. RIP
Grab a chair, open a beer & chat away

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu May 21, 2020 10:56 am

Ach wrote:It was the worst lockdown in the history of lockdowns. Government are a joke. Police can do nothing. Should've followed the Italians. If you're caught outside then you get jailed


I agree with you here.

It took too long to lock down and then when they did it wasn't a proper lockdown either. Things could of been much less worse even though we seem to be getting towards the end now. I don't think we needed to be jailing people but I think the reason for the type of lockdown (and all the vague government messages in the last few months) we had is cause Boris still wanted his herd immunity plan without the blame for the deaths.
Image
User avatar
Yorkyblue
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19247
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 21, 2020 11:44 am

I disagree I think the lockdown took place at the right time, the balance between enough cases to warrant it and the loss of liberties, freedom and employment for many. Had Boris locked down the place a month earlier people would have been up in arms, sledgehammer to a nut-type reaction. I also feel he is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't.

Throughout February at work in meetings the Coronavirus issue was the main topic, we were all aware that at some point it would impact our projects and our ability to go in to the office. 10 days before we were officially on lockdown my boss told me to make sure I take my laptop home with me every day .. just in case. A week or so before the official lockdown my company told everyone that can work from home to work from home. About a week later the government locked everything down so it was not a surprise it happened at that point, in my opinion.
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7447
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu May 21, 2020 5:39 pm

The fact remains that had China been forthright 95% of the cases would not have occured. Every country is going point fingers at those in power, perhaps the only place that would be justified outside of a political reason is Brazil.

Like Russia, China just laughs as the west turns the blame inward. We always play into the hands of Communists until something wakes us up. Even this
seems not to have.
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 pm

It's thought around 17% of people in London have immunity through having been exposed to the virus, compared to only 5% on average nationwide.
User avatar
Phil71
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 5518
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 21, 2020 9:17 pm

I don't think it was a joke of a lockdown either, the numbers confirm what we did for 2 months is working.

I think people were very strict up till now, in the first month of the lockdown the streets were like a ghost town.

You have to remember the aim of the lockdown was two fold, slow the spread and give the Gov't enough time to build the hospitals and brace the NHS, that imo has been achieved via the numbers.

We were told originally 3 weeks, its now two full months.

............ if this lockdown carries on for too much longer the economy is going to be wrecked.

I think one more month and then they'll have to make some big decisions.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 21284
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby LMAO » Fri May 22, 2020 5:00 am

Feel for Brazilians. I bet Sao Paulo will make NYC look rather tame in comparison.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 7942
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 22, 2020 9:04 am

Yeah, its not looking good for Brazil, so densely packed in areas of the major cities. I fully expect India and Pakistan to shoot up the list of infections too
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7447
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby LMAO » Sat May 23, 2020 6:20 am

Patrick Ewing has tested positive and is being isolated at a hospital.

theHotHead wrote:Yeah, its not looking good for Brazil, so densely packed in areas of the major cities. I fully expect India and Pakistan to shoot up the list of infections too


Add Bangladesh and Nigeria (at least Lagos) too.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 7942
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby themessiah » Sat May 23, 2020 5:35 pm

Ended up in A&E at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital last March. Had another attack on Last Thursday and given omeprazole although I have been promised ultrasound after COVID-19. , the pain is horrendous.
User avatar
themessiah
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: London

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat May 23, 2020 10:19 pm

themessiah wrote:Ended up in A&E at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital last March. Had another attack on Last Thursday and given omeprazole although I have been promised ultrasound after COVID-19. , the pain is horrendous.


They are deferring proper treatment? Sorry to hear that.
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat May 23, 2020 10:25 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/worl ... st-uk.html


A while back I pondered about why the UK is so far behind in testing and was so short on ventilators and beds. A good article for those who were also wondering. A diversified healthcare system is certainly the best system as we are seeing. Rationed care based on a government monopoly is very costly in terms of lives.

I had no idea that China had duped Boris in such a manner with fake antibody tests. They cause it and then profit from it.
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 24, 2020 2:24 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/world/europe/coronavirus-antibody-test-uk.html


A while back I pondered about why the UK is so far behind in testing and was so short on ventilators and beds. A good article for those who were also wondering. A diversified healthcare system is certainly the best system as we are seeing. Rationed care based on a government monopoly is very costly in terms of lives.

I had no idea that China had duped Boris in such a manner with fake antibody tests. They cause it and then profit from it.


We're not short on ventilators and beds, we "were" short on Vents and beds because this is a pandemic not a regular Tues.

We have entire newly built hospitals that were built within two weeks that are completely unused, so how do we have a shortage? as for testing that is purely the gov'ts fault full stop, the reason our testing is behind is because for over a month into the pandemic our Gov't was telling us "There's no point in testing" and only changed that stance a week or two ago.

........... regarding your agenda on Private Health services "being superior" you do know we have those over here as well right? I work for a firm who provides such things through Insurance, if people want to use it they can.

What I would say in response is how many people in America does your fully Private healthcare system bankrupt each year?
How many have side stepped claims because the client didn't tell them they had a wart 20 years ago?
What's the point of having healthcare if I have to sell my house to fund it?
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 21284
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun May 24, 2020 3:31 pm

........... regarding your agenda on Private Health services "being superior" you do know we have those over here as well right? I work for a firm who provides such things through Insurance, if people want to use it they can.


You are projecting again. I have made the point that a deferisfied system in ANYTHING is good. In this case because a pandemic is not business as usual as the NYT points out countries with diversification in this case testing capability are miles ahead. Not a hard concept eh? Certainly something to think about (or not if you do not care about what could have been done better in every nation).

What I would say in response is how many people in America does your fully Private healthcare system bankrupt each year?
How many have side stepped claims because the client didn't tell them they had a wart 20 years ago?
What's the point of having healthcare if I have to sell my house to fund it?


You are responding rather emotionally, and not to my point for that matter. But rather to your own closed mindedness it seems? If you think the US system is fully privatized that would be your first wrong assumption...and relying on assumptions does not equate to logical thinking. But as I said you miss the mark again.

BTW, preliminary remisivire study results out today show a 5% reduction in deaths from 12% with a placebo and 7% with the drug, and much higher and better results if given prior to ventilation. That should be good news right?
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Ach » Sun May 24, 2020 6:48 pm

So it's official. One rule for government, another for the rest of us.

Only a matter of time before someone with the virus travels somewhere in the country and uses Cummings to justify himself

Hello second wave, we have been expecting you.

Boris has to walk.
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14199
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 25, 2020 1:45 pm

Ach wrote:So it's official. One rule for government, another for the rest of us.

Only a matter of time before someone with the virus travels somewhere in the country and uses Cummings to justify himself

Hello second wave, we have been expecting you.

Boris has to walk.


Lockdown is practically over bar a few almost meaningless precautions, trust me, I live near a beach believe me I've seen it, god know's what its like in London.

In Tesco yesterday they did the whole one in one out thing and "follow the arrows" but yet in the aisle the amount of people I skirted past plus down the aisle we had walked past items we wanted as you do when your looking up and down the aisle deciding what you want so we had to walk back up the aisle to get the other item and an old lady we past tried to point out "its one way" ......... so what were we supposed to do walk back round the whole f'ing shop?

No, we ignored her and promptly continued because no matter how much of a do-gooder attitude you want to have people were walking past each other all over the shop and I'm getting fed up of the meaningless gestures that people are "inforcing" just for the feel good factor because it certainly isn't for effectivness.

We strictly respected the 2 meteres apart while queing outside to get in but to be frank, if your to at risk to catch anything then you shouldn't be out in public places, there are delivery services all over the shop, I have an Asda delivery coming tonight and Deliveroo do local shop drop offs as well for smaller shopping.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 21284
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Trendiction [Bot] and 4 guests