Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Losmeister » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Rockape wrote:Just watching the BBC news coverage from the ICU at Kings in London.....incredible scenes.

Makes me feckin angry at the Chinese for unleashing this thing!

Yep. They covered it up for months. Arrested and threatened any medical people who tried to talk about it.

sounds ,like 70 days or so of doing nothing is the standard... see USA

while not defending china... wonder what other countries couldawoulda done... :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

i mean, 1st step is WTF is going on??

2nd, is ID causative agent and ID the genome... from what litle i know this wasd one by very early January.....

What other countries would have done:

I think most wouldn't arrest doctors who dared to mention that an epidemic might be going on.

like is stated very clearly, i am not defending CHina or debating what they did or didnt do (both doing and not doing being things that can be bad)

i mean, make up a list of coutries... Russia, USA, Brazil,

hell the USA just fired a NAVY ships captain for tryan save hsi crew of 400 from a decision making bottleneck thaty was keeping them aboard a close-quartered ship... you heard about that, right?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:12 pm

so who thinks Boris should be treated with chloroquine, whats he got to lose?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:14 pm

Iran is performing a back to work trial for the world

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/worl ... k-310461f4
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:17 pm

hell the USA just fired a NAVY ships captain for tryan save hsi crew of 400 from a decision making bottleneck thaty was keeping them aboard a close-quartered ship... you heard about that, right?

That was not the reason.
It was to do with not following the chain of command by cc-ing 16 people without a need to know, as well as claiming in his letter we are not on a war footing. Every ship, plane and member when deployed is on a war footing.

And ANY sort of equivalency between Communist China and the US is patently absurd.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:24 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:

That was not the reason.

bad judgement...??

chain of command unresponsive? then what?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:26 pm

Losmeister wrote:so who thinks Boris should be treated with chloroquine, whats he got to lose?

Why do you think hydroxychloroquine will not work or help? Preliminary results while not conclusive are promising despite what Dr's Acosta and Madow have claimed. We will know a whole lot more soon given there is blind trial of 3000 people in Detroit.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:40 pm

Losmeister wrote:

That was not the reason.

bad judgement...??

chain of command unresponsive? then what?

Certainly bad judgement. Bad judgement and being in command of a single aircraft or a whole carrier group is lethal to careers because it endangers national security.

The chain of command was responsive, before his letter was "delivered" and made public simultaneously they were making plans to divert the carrier to Guam. They had for some very stupid reason made a port call in Thailand, not the Captain's call though. Probably a screw up by Pacific Command. The same command had all of those problems ship running into each other off Japan a couple years back. More heads will roll, watch.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:42 pm

Losmeister wrote:so who thinks Boris should be treated with chloroquine, whats he got to lose?

Why do you think hydroxychloroquine will not work or help? Preliminary results while not conclusive are promising despite what Dr's Acosta and Madow have claimed. We will know a whole lot more soon given there is blind trial of 3000 people in Detroit.

i wasnt being sarcastic...

far as i know only people with mild symptoms have been included in France and China....

so far as i know, no info exists on people who are in the ICU being treated with it....(BoJo aint on a respirator afaik)

and aint no info on people in ICU ON respirators....
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:01 pm

Losmeister wrote:

far as i know only people with mild symptoms have been included in France and China....

so far as i know, no info exists on people who are in the ICU being treated with it....(BoJo aint on a respirator afaik)

I suspected as much. :sneaky2: But all of this media resistance to using a safe drug seems rather strange and counter productive. I see the Michigan governor reversed herself on it. Plus a Dem house member from MI has credited Trump with bringing the issue forward and caused her doctors to use it. (Like any good missionary, convert them one at time!) NYC is using it widely across every city run hospital.

This survey is certainly ahead of any controlled study.

https://www.sermo.com/press-releases/la ... n-context/

Like the new legislation Trump signed on using experimental treatments for terminal patients. Common sense over ambulance chasing malpractice lawyers.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:04 am

GunnerRobert wrote:
It's not like taxes on player's wages go directly to the NHS, something like 12% of that might if my math and data is correct. For that matter the total of every club's wages are about a couple billion as I recall (?) and even a billion is a drop in the general tax bucket to be fair, especially with the NHS spending over 150 billion per year.

It's not just Prem players to fair as well. With everyone taking pay cuts to keep their jobs and economy rolling as best we can I say they need to do as much or more. Players come and go, clubs are what count. The wages are going to lowered in my estimation next season as the economy will not support the TV deals, the City oil barons are taking it in the thawb. Perhaps some sanity will return.

But yes I agree that players need to be stepping up now. Most are hiding or f***ing around on social media.

With everyone taking paycuts so that small businesses can survive, why do big clubs worth billions have to issue a paycut? Let's take someone earning 100k a week as a footballer, as every club has one of these. This is 1.2 million over 3 months. Are you really telling me that the 400-500 staff that are being placed on furlough are earning more than that in 3 months? If not, why does every player need to take 30% of so that the club owned by billionaires can save money?

Players should donate and many already do. Mcclean has provided PPE to everyone in his local area, a few other players have publicly donated too, many privately.

this this this !!! The players should be covering the wages of the staff, not because they have to but because they can with very little impact to their salaries.

I am an IT contractor, when I first started (my very first contract was at a bank) there were quite a few contractors in my team. We would go out for food and drinks fairly often (twice weekly at least). On my first such occasion I was taken to the side and told that we - the contractors - pay for the food and drinks. At first I thought "f**k off!!", but then realised, we earned considerably more than the non-contract staff, and I was fine with it.

Footballers should be doing everything they can just because they are in such a privileged position to do so. Not just footballers but everyone in a privileged position should. Its a drop in the ocean to them.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:21 am

Losmeister wrote:

I suspected as much. :sneaky2: But all of this media resistance to using a safe drug seems rather strange and counter productive. I see the Michigan governor reversed herself on it. Plus a Dem house member from MI has credited Trump with bringing the issue forward and caused her doctors to use it. (Like any good missionary, convert them one at time!) NYC is using it widely across every city run hospital.

This survey is certainly ahead of any controlled study.

https://www.sermo.com/press-releases/la ... n-context/

Like the new legislation Trump signed on using experimental treatments for terminal patients. Common sense over ambulance chasing malpractice lawyers.

its great that they are doing trials. its what shoud be done.

saying "its safe" doesnt include all the contraindications and reactions it has w/ other drugs.

eg- panel recommended using several precautions, including blood testing to rule out the development of anemia, thrombocytopenia or leukopenia as well as serum electrolyte disturbances and/or hepatic and renal function dysfunction. Also recommended were routine electrocardiography to rule out the development of QT interval prolongation or bradycardia and patient interviews to seek the appearance of visual and/or mental disturbance/deterioration. The panel recommended avoiding concurrent administration of other drugs known to prolong the QT interval (i.e. chinolones, macrolides, ondansetron) as well as various antiarrhythmic, antidepressant and antipsychotic drugs

" it can be safe" is true.

the largest question is whats gonna happen w/ the 20% of people who have severe COVID...

( the goveneress was a mild case, we already know 80% recover w/o serious illness)

its all about the 20%
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:42 am

theHotHead wrote:
GunnerRobert wrote:
It's not like taxes on player's wages go directly to the NHS, something like 12% of that might if my math and data is correct. For that matter the total of every club's wages are about a couple billion as I recall (?) and even a billion is a drop in the general tax bucket to be fair, especially with the NHS spending over 150 billion per year.

It's not just Prem players to fair as well. With everyone taking pay cuts to keep their jobs and economy rolling as best we can I say they need to do as much or more. Players come and go, clubs are what count. The wages are going to lowered in my estimation next season as the economy will not support the TV deals, the City oil barons are taking it in the thawb. Perhaps some sanity will return.

But yes I agree that players need to be stepping up now. Most are hiding or f***ing around on social media.

With everyone taking paycuts so that small businesses can survive, why do big clubs worth billions have to issue a paycut? Let's take someone earning 100k a week as a footballer, as every club has one of these. This is 1.2 million over 3 months. Are you really telling me that the 400-500 staff that are being placed on furlough are earning more than that in 3 months? If not, why does every player need to take 30% of so that the club owned by billionaires can save money?

Players should donate and many already do. Mcclean has provided PPE to everyone in his local area, a few other players have publicly donated too, many privately.

this this this !!! The players should be covering the wages of the staff, not because they have to but because they can with very little impact to their salaries.

I am an IT contractor, when I first started (my very first contract was at a bank) there were quite a few contractors in my team. We would go out for food and drinks fairly often (twice weekly at least). On my first such occasion I was taken to the side and told that we - the contractors - pay for the food and drinks. At first I thought "f**k off!!", but then realised, we earned considerably more than the non-contract staff, and I was fine with it.

Footballers should be doing everything they can just because they are in such a privileged position to do so. Not just footballers but everyone in a privileged position should. Its a drop in the ocean to them.

Why should the players cover it? The players and non-playing staff both get paid by the same people who are richer than the players. It should be them.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:55 am

everyone at a football club makes money off the players backs... no playres no games no money.

step up fatcats
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:01 am

I don't care who pays as long as it's not the tax payer.

There is enough capacity in football to cover all eventualities here - even if it means the top clubs taking out loans to cover it. They can easily afford it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:10 am

Michael gove self isolating after a family gets corona
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee