Fabianski vs. Szczensy

Re: Fabianski vs. Szczensy

Postby Nando8 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:30 am

I think that all this criticism is not necessary, he made some errors this season, but he's still one of the best goalkeepers in BPL. Just look what our defenders do, and think about how many goals do we lose because of them. However I agree that we should hire an experienced gk, but I guess players like Given wouldn't like to be #2. Maybe returning Mannone will be a rival for Szczęsny to be #1. And Fabianski should leave us, he's good goalkeeper, but just doesn't play.
Arsenal Till I Die!
Robert Lewandowski!
Nando8
Liam Brady

Postby mg86 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Nando8 wrote:I think that all this criticism is not necessary, he made some errors this season, but he's still one of the best goalkeepers in BPL.

No he very well isn't.

Save Percentage Rankings (best to last)

David De Gea
Joe Hart
Simon Mignolet
Brad Friedel
Michel Vorm
Mark Schwarzer
Asmir Begovic
Ben Foster
Tim Howard
Wayne Hennessey
José Reina
Tim Krul
Shay Given
John Ruddy
Petr Cech
Thomas Sørensen
Adam Bogdan
Ali Al-Habsi
Paddy Kenny
Wojciech Szczesny
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Paul Robinson

Saves Made:

Wayne Hennessey
John Ruddy
Michel Vorm
Ali Al-Habsi
Ben Foster
Brad Friedel
Tim Krul
Paddy Kenny
David De Gea
Mark Schwarzer
Shay Given
Joe Hart
Paul Robinson
Tim Howard
Simon Mignolet
Petr Cech
Wojciech Szczesny
Asmir Begovic
José Reina
Adam Bogdan
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Thomas Sørensen

Let's not even bother with clean sheets as we know how bad that will be. I'm sorry folks but our keeper isn't that great at all(currently).
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Nando8 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Maybe he's got very bad save percentage. But there are various shoots and various levels of defenders helping to the gk. He's very often in a situation, in which he just can't do anything to save a shoot.
Arsenal Till I Die!
Robert Lewandowski!
Nando8
Liam Brady

Postby IMF » Fri May 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Record for amount of games where first shot on target was conceded in one season... 13.

It's not just his shirt number then.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Zedie » Fri May 18, 2012 11:19 pm

We should have gone for de gea in that case, as he seems to be top of the pile. We should well steer clear f reina as well seeing as he's below ches in the saves made stakes.

He's had to keep goal during some of the most atrocious injury runs particularly in defence that any club in recent history has had to deal with.

f**k it, let's just ignore that and crucify him.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Fri May 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Joe Hart's first season in goal for Citeh: save percentage = 63%, played 3420 mins and conceded 30 something goals.
So even though he was behind a solid defence he still only made 63% of saves on target. Don't recall how many shots he faced but it weren't that many.
He had some of the top stats that season, despite his relatively poor save percentage. In two seasons that stat has improved immeasurably. But I guess they should started Shay Given that campaign...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby starmandb » Sat May 19, 2012 2:12 am

gzagee wrote:Joe Hart's first season in goal for Citeh: save percentage = 63%, played 3420 mins and conceded 30 something goals.
So even though he was behind a solid defence he still only made 63% of saves on target. Don't recall how many shots he faced but it weren't that many.
He had some of the top stats that season, despite his relatively poor save percentage. In two seasons that stat has improved immeasurably. But I guess they should started Shay Given that campaign...

he let in 39 goals that season but even in games where city conceded heavily
6 at chelsea,3 at home to us,3 at birmingham,3 at home to fulham.
it was down to him that the score was kept down.
he went on loan to birmingham when given came in the 08/09 season.
i,m not in the habit of lavishing praise on opponents players but i believe joe hart is an outstanding keeper.
some hard work needed on the training ground by szcny ironing out flaws in his game
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Zedie » Sat May 19, 2012 2:19 am

starmandb wrote:
gzagee wrote:Joe Hart's first season in goal for Citeh: save percentage = 63%, played 3420 mins and conceded 30 something goals.

he let in 39 goals that season but even in games where city conceded heavily
6 at chelsea,3 at home to us,3 at birmingham,3 at home to fulham.
it was down to him that the score was kept down.
he went on loan to birmingham when given came in the 08/09 season.
i,m not in the habit of lavishing praise on opponents players but i believe joe hart is an outstanding keeper.
some hard work needed on the training ground by szcny ironing out flaws in his game

If you went by the say so of some, he should already be a top keeper after his first full season between the sticks. He has a long road to travel but I'm sure he'll get there. The seamans, schmeichels and cechs of this world didn't get where they are straight after their first full season.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat May 19, 2012 2:21 am

Speaking of Petr cech, he's only 1 place above ches in saves made, is he a shite keeper too all of a sudden? He plays in a team that placed 6th at the end of a full season, but again, that doesn't tell the whole story.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Sat May 19, 2012 2:39 am

Well let's hope Szczesney has the same development as Hart then. :thumbsup:

But can we please refrain from calling Szczesney a top keeper until he actually is one. That's what gets to me.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Sat May 19, 2012 3:03 am

Leody for the Arsenal number 1 jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The campaign starts now!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat May 19, 2012 4:31 am

Its unbelievable the sort of spin used to divert attention from Szczewsny's flaws. I completely accept the point that he is young and still needs time to learn his trade but can't he do that in cup competitions and in training under the guidance of an experienced number 1. So people are happy to let him learn his trade as No-1 and there is every chance that his season will be not much different to his current one. People said Hart, so if Hart was poor last season he is the best in the business now, so can we use the same yardstick for Szczesny and expect him to set the world on fire next season ? Show me one department of Szczesny's game that has come on leaps and bounds this season ?

I mean i am not asking him to be sold. Is he so impatient that he is not willing to wait for his chance for a season or 2 after which he can make the No-1 Jersey his own for as long as he want ? Are we a Football club or a youth development academy which lets young unproven players learn theiur trade in first team at the cost of silverware ? Absolutely nothing wrong in promoting youth and giving them a chance but if somebody isn't quiet pulling his weight you have to take tough decisions. Wilshere and AOC have made most of their opportunities while Szczesny has not.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Fabianski vs. Szczensy

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 19, 2012 8:43 am

Sunderland have released craig gordon (breaking news on ssn)
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun May 20, 2012 4:53 am

Zedie wrote:Speaking of Petr cech, he's only 1 place above ches in saves made, is he a shite keeper too all of a sudden? He plays in a team that placed 6th at the end of a full season, but again, that doesn't tell the whole story.

this
And does anyone really think De Gea is the best keeper in the league? Really?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby IMF » Sun May 20, 2012 10:06 am

Keepers that conceded around 50 goals:
Keeper, shots faced, save percentage
Szczesny 133, 49, 63%
Tim Krul 165, 51, 69%
Michel Vorm 185, 49, 73.5%
Ben Foster 166, 49, 70.5%

Anyone see the soccer am (I think it was soccer am) when a gooner said we have a good keeper now and there were two Swansea players who looked at each other and laughed as in "yeah right".

Playing against a keeper which other players know is shit actually gives those players confidence.

And yes he is shit when you consider he has the 2nd worst shot/save ratio in top 5 leagues for keepers that have played more than 10 games, has a record 7, yes SEVEN, errors and holds the record for conceding the first shot on target in 13 games.

If he was average; he'd at least be mid table in some aspect but he's bottom of the table for everything apart from shot/saves where he's second from bottom.

Don't know why we constantly over rage such shit players. Prick lost us the Carling Cup final as well which would have taken so much pressure off the other players.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge