Fabianski vs. Szczensy

Re: Fabianski vs. Szczensy

Postby mg86 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Sign tim howard, give everton szczesny on a season long loan as part of the deal.

brilliant idea
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby friedslice » Mon May 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Much the same as the Denilson v Ramsey thread....they're both shit and neither are up to the standard we need.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:31 pm

I'll give Szczesny a few things. He has made some huge saves this season fairly often. He has responded enormously well to defeats, conceded goals etc. It is only his first full season in the premier league. He's also 22 and we are comparing him to people like Howard for instance who are 11 years older.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed May 09, 2012 4:45 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Sign tim howard, give everton szczesny on a season long loan as part of the deal.

I doubt any of the parties involved would go for it
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Wed May 09, 2012 6:33 am

Het Robinson off Blackburn he will be for sale great age and has kept Blackburn in the race to stay up poor bastard had two better than good CB sold on him this season in Samba and Nelsen
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Sun May 13, 2012 5:52 pm

Szczesny has been playing with a shoulder problem for the past 4 weeks, been getting injections before every match
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby mg86 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Massa wrote:Szczesny has been playing with a shoulder problem for the past 4 weeks, been getting injections before every match

Makes sense that his form has dipped in my opinion, I am much less angry with him.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fran Solo » Sun May 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Right. Just read it from arsenal.com. Szczesny has shoulder problem for the last five weeks. Don't know about this before.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun May 13, 2012 6:02 pm

says a lot about what Wenger thinks of Fabianski, and I agree with him
anyone who seriously thinks Fabianski is better than Szczensy is completely and utterly deluded
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun May 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Anyone who gives a 7 for that awful sh*t performance is even more deluded.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun May 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Anyone who gives a 7 for that awful sh*t performance is even more deluded.

And you're even more deluded if you think you're an "Arsenal fanatic".

Shit awful? I bet you can't even explain why you think that.
You continue to prove you aren't really an "Arsenal fanatic", no matter how much you think you are.
What was with the gleeful quote mining when we conceded the first goal? How much of the game did you miss while doing that? It was obvious that you cared more about being right rather than wanting us to win, which by definition means you are not an Arsenal fan.
That is precisely the reason I have you on ignore and very rarely read your posts.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun May 13, 2012 6:43 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Anyone who gives a 7 for that awful sh*t performance is even more deluded.

You continue to prove you aren't really an "Arsenal fanatic", no matter how much you think you are.
What was with the gleeful quote mining when we conceded the first goal? How much of the game did you miss while doing that? It was obvious that you cared more about being right rather than wanting us to win, which by definition means you are not an Arsenal fan.
That is precisely the reason I have you on ignore and very rarely read your posts.

blah blah blah...

How do you quote my posts when you have put me on ignore..?

You have ridiculed and mocked Leody who has probably as much experience goal keeping as your actual age and where will will you leave lesser mortals like me ?

you resort to name caling, calling people trolls , questioning others with one liners more often than not and come out and give lessons on how to be a proper fan uh ?

Personal insults is what you resort to when you cannot take your point beyond.

Do i care if you read my posts or not :rofll: ?
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Sun May 13, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Not poo pooing Chesneys shoulder problem, but a bad shoulder shouldn't have stopped him coming to clear for Long's goal. Was pretty bad keeping to be fair. Not getting on him at all, but that was a bad mistake.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun May 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

blah blah blah...

How do you quote my posts when you have put me on ignore..?

You have ridiculed and mocked Leody who has probably as much experience goal keeping as your actual age and where will will you leave lesser mortals like me ?

you resort to name caling, calling people trolls , questioning others with one liners more often than not and come out and give lessons on how to be a proper fan uh ?

Do i care if you read my posts or not :rofll: ?

You're so flustered you can't even put a coherent sentence together.
If you can't see that being more concerned with being right than wanting us to win makes you not a real fan, then that's all the time I'm going to waste with you. I won't be reading any more of your posts.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Massa wrote:Szczesny has been playing with a shoulder problem for the past five weeks, been getting injections before every match

Corrected for you :) .

Anyway, if there's any truth in what Wenger says, then this would exlpain Szcz's sudden dip in form. Up until the last couple of games, I stood behind Szcz has being someone capable of doing the job for us. However, recent performances has altered my opinion of him. If Szcz has indeed been playing with an injury, then I guess I can forgive him for his poor performances as of late especially the Norwich game.

My only concern now (if what Wenger says about Szcz's injury is true), is Szcz's save percentage. I know I say I don't read much into stats, but I will admit that his statistics reveal some concerns about his true nature as a keeper. With that said, I would have him hands down over Fabianski, Almunia, and Mannone based solely on watching him perform alone.

But don't get me wrong. I still think Szcz was introduced too early. I think that the right path to take with this issue is to see how Szcz performs at the Euros and with us in pre-season. If he does well, then I won't mind having him as our number 1 next season. If, however, he fails to impress, then Wenger should start weighing his options.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski