Fabianski going on loan

Fabianski going on loan

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 pm

According to several sources

Lukasz Fabianski concerned about his place in the Poland squad for EURO 2012, has been granted permission to leave on loan.

Nothing official as of yet.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Fabianski going on loan

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:26 pm

So Almunia as back up and then?????
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:40 pm

In what appears to be a rather overly-thoughtful and considerate move, Arseblog News (via Gunnerblog) understands that Arsenal have given Lukasz Fabianski permission to leave the club on loan.

The Polish stopper is currently recovering from injury and hasn’t played for the club since Thomas Vermaelen broke him during the 3-1 away defeat to Olympiacos back in October.

Fabianski’s desire to leave is due to the upcoming European Championships being held in his native Poland, and in Ukraine. He has already fallen behind his younger compatriot, Wojciech Szczesny at club level, and any outside chance he has of getting the number 1 jersey for his national side rest on him playing regular football between now and the end of the season.

However, Arsenal fans will worry that with Vito Mannone also out on loan, any injury/suspension for Szczesny would see a return to first team action for Manuel Almunia, who started the season as 4th choice.

Unless Arsene Wenger has got a goalkeeping signing lined-up, or serious faith in youngster Damian Martinez, it does seem a risky move to allow Fabianski to leave.

Of course Szczesny could stay fit and unsuspended for the rest of the season, but it does add an element of worry to procedings.

At this moment in time there have been no offers for his services.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/01/fabian ... e-on-loan/
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:43 pm

:crazy:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby golfinguy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm frightened
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:52 pm

you just know the very first game after Fabianski leaves, Sneezy will get his leg broken and we'll be stuck with Almunia
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Err, why would we do that?

someone sensible: VETO that shit

Actually you know what, Almunia is still better than flaps. They are both hopeless. Hows the irish midget keeper getting along?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:12 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Err, why would we do that?

someone sensible: VETO that shit

Actually you know what, Almunia is still better than flaps. They are both hopeless. Hows the irish midget keeper getting along?

Szczesny is no VDS. His last f*ck up was not even 8 days back. I get surprised when people talk up as though there is a million mile between Fabianski and Szczesny .Fabianski's last game for us was no great shakes but in the mean time Szczesny has had a few howlers himself and the two of them were in the last two weeks . Caught flapping at a regulation cross and cost us the match against Fulham while last week let in a simple ball to far post by committing himself far too early. His distribution is still as awful as it was last season and the less we talk about his kicking the better. Szczesny hasn't covered himself in glory this season to be overhyping him to moon.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Who the f**k mentioned Chez? Not me. You got issues. Fabianski is piss poor, admittance is the first step, then we can face acceptance together. Don't worry i'll hold your hand
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Completly agree AF.

We have 4 average at best keepers at the club, 3 of whom have great potential. But imho, stick any of the 4 in and there will be little difference at all.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Leody wrote:Completly agree AF.

We have 4 average at best keepers at the club, 3 of whom have great potential. But imho, stick any of the 4 in and there will be little difference at all.

Absolutely .

They all have their glaring weaknesses and their relative strengths but .. all are pretty average atm.. Great potential for future but atm all are pretty average.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:29 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Who the f**k mentioned Chez? Not me. You got issues. Fabianski is piss poor, admittance is the first step, then we can face acceptance together. Don't worry i'll hold your hand

Really ? hmm then Szczesny must be the same cos , there isn't much between the two when it comes to ability.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ArsenalN5 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 pm

:rofll: Even our dead wood want out
ArsenalN5
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Who the f**k mentioned Chez? Not me. You got issues. Fabianski is piss poor, admittance is the first step, then we can face acceptance together. Don't worry i'll hold your hand

Really ? hmm then Szczesny must be the same cos , there isn't much between the two when it comes to ability.

You are entitled to your opinion. What's not up for debate though is that Chez is the type of keeper we need and Fabianski is not, you might rate them equal but they are very different goalkeepers. Does Chez currently have glaring weaknesses in his game? Sure he does, but we haven't had a clown between the posts most of the season and people love to forget how much worse another option is as well as talking up the bench warmers and they always look silly afterwards. Remember Olympiakos?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gzagee » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Chesney is the best option at the club. No doubt about that.
Whether one thinks there's a million miles or a hairs breadth (my vote is somewhere in the middle) between them I'd go for Chesney every day and Sunday.

However, it is complete madness to send Mannone and Fabs out on loan and make Almunia the back-up.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Next

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski