Fabianski relishing regular role

Fabianski relishing regular role

Postby Trina » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Lukasz Fabianski has played down talk of helping Arsenal win the Premier League title after finally establishing himself in the Gunners' first team.

The 25-year-old goalkeeper has been a regular in cup competitions since signing from Legia Warsaw in 2007 but was much-maligned after a string of costly errors.

That has sparked some unflattering nicknames among the media and fans, although Fabianski has shrugged off the criticism to fulfil his potential this season.

An injury to first-choice keeper Manuel Almunia opened the door for Fabianski and the Poland international has taken full advantage to enjoy his first extended run in the Premier League.

Crucial saves in hard-fought victories over Wolves and Everton have helped build Fabianski's confidence and he is relishing regular football.

"I just feel happy to be playing regularly every three days," he said.
Hard work

"I'm enjoying that and I just want to keep working hard and keep playing as best as I can."

Fabianski's form has helped Arsene Wenger's men to second in the table after 13 games, two points behind defending champions Chelsea.

Victory over north London rivals Tottenham in Saturday's lunchtime kick-off would therefore see the Gunners go top before Chelsea take on Birmingham on Saturday afternoon.

And Fabianski believes the key to Arsenal's positive start is taking one game at a time.

"We are more focused on every single game rather than thinking about the title," he added.

"We want to be focused on the next game and the next game is Tottenham."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 47,00.html
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Fabianski relishing regular role

Postby Massa » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Good on him
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Popey » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:53 am

haha! is wenger still talking about almunia beeing injured?

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Its a mental injury. Something like Gulf War syndrome. But for goalies.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Gould » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:36 pm

christ look when the 1st post was made:L it was posted 18th of november. massa's just raking up an old post
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski