Flappianski! No he's Faboulanski!! No Flappy!! Wtf is he?!

Re: Flappianski! No he's Faboulanski!! No Flappy!! Wtf is he

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:34 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
Goose wrote:Why wasnt there anyone on the posts?

Flappy could have done better, but he must of thought it would have been a routine catch, his problem is that he isnt a tall strong keeper, so dealing with crosses would be harder for him if he is challenged

He is built like a brick shithouse mate...One of the best built keepers in the Prem after Friedel, all the rest are beanpoles.

He didn't give as good as he got from Carroll, simple as.

After the goal there was a similar situation, and IMO a harder catch that he threw his weight into and got, in fact several times after.

I am not going to blame him for conceding simply because i think it was a defensive mistake before it was his, why wasn't anyone on the posts? Where were Squid and Koscielny?

He was caught in two minds because of the defence he had in front of him.

I didn't think it was a "Tame" header myself, it was a strong header and had Fabianski not done ANYTHING Carroll would have made a serious connection with the ball, and with no one on the posts and Squill and Kos AWOL i think it would have been a certain goal anyway.

He could have done better and been more decisive but its difficult with a defence like ours in front of you.

What he doesn't need is more knives in his back but my words are futile right now, simply because everyone and their dog is saying it was a massive howler, how he should be strung up and how he should never of been given a chance in goal.

LOL! f***ing BOLLOCKS!

People were waiting for an excuse to get back on him and it shows how disgracefully fickle some of our fans are.

And no statman bullshit is going to hide the fact that the majority of noise today was made by a handful of Geordies and most of the noise from the Library was to simply show disdain and not to get behind the team.
Its the reason i don't go to the Emirates anymore, no matter how many people go their to passionately support the club most of us love, at least double will be "Pink hats" spawn, *Spits* :angry:

my dog and i are 100 percent behind fabianski and it was quiet today but not where i was sitting.
i will never give up my arsenal its my job to get behind the team..i did my job
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:37 pm

You never had a choice in giving up "Your" Arsenal mate, it was taken from you, me, SE, EVERY die hard Gooner out there...

We never had a say in the matter.

And i am glad you are behind Fabianski, looks like its just me and you.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby tkmullan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:54 pm

I'm behind Fabianski.

All keepers, even the top ones make mistakes. It will be interesting to see how he responds to this one - whether he puts it behind him and moves on, or regresses back to being a nervous wreck in the next few games will be a good indicator as to whether he is ready to be our long term number one or not.
Last edited by tkmullan on Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tkmullan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Am i the only one who thought he put it behind him in that match?

He looked really determined after we conceded that goal, the Fabianski of last season probably would have crumbled and then flapped at every cross after that.

I think he is an easy target simply because people never want to blame the "team" but instead one or two players.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby tkmullan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:00 am

GunnGunn wrote:Am i the only one who thought he put it behind him in that match?

He looked really determined after we conceded that goal, the Fabianski of last season probably would have crumbled and then flapped at every cross after that.

I think he is an easy target simply because people never want to blame the "team" but instead one or two players.

Wasn't actually able to watch the match, so I don't know myself.

He didn't concede any more goals after it though, so that's always a good sign.
tkmullan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:05 am

I see Leody is online.

Probably going to say i am talking crap or something :grin:
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:53 am

If you have to blame that defeat on any part of our team it was the midfield, they got bossed and because of it the whole team suffered.

It was a whole team failure ultimately as we never looked like we were going to get anywhere from the start
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mg86 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:35 am

GunnGunn wrote:You never had a choice in giving up "Your" Arsenal mate, it was taken from you, me, SE, EVERY die hard Gooner out there...

We never had a say in the matter.

And i am glad you are behind Fabianski, looks like its just me and you.

And me.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 am

GunnGunn wrote:I see Leody is online.

Probably going to say i am talking crap or something :grin:

Haha, I've been lurking today...

I'm trying hard to not blow my top and post some nonsense. But I will say this. Fabianski's error was bad yes, and yes he was indecisive when coming out for that ball, and yes those are the sort of things that he used to do. But, he did come back from that I think. He didn't hang his head like he used to. All in all it wasn't a bad game from him, but his error was VERY costly.

Fabianski needs to get this through his head. When you come out, you run over EVERYBODY to get the ball. It is an all or nothing decision. Once you make that first step, there is no turning back, there is no "what if's" no second thoughts. You run over your own mother to make sure you get to the ball. He didn't do that. If he had that determination, he probably gets to that ball relatively easy.

I'd still have the Flappy of the last month over most keepers in the EPL, honestly. That's his first costly error since starting, and really probably only his second real poor mistake. So in about 6 weeks or whatever it's been... I'm still not disappointed. Still not thrilled, but not disappointed. Let's see if he can put this behind him now. Looked like he will, going by his showing yesterday.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 am

GunnGunn wrote:Am i the only one who thought he put it behind him in that match?

I don't really see anyone having a go at him. The goal was mostly his fault but we would say that if it was Buffon in goal too, they all make mistakes sometimes.

What's important is he doesn't break him for the next 6 months and we won't really know how he will respond til the next game or two
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:52 am

I think it's important to make the distinction that even though he made a costly error, it's not his fault that we lost the game - strange as that may sound.

If the ten lazy-arse pricks in front of him had turned up we might've scored a goal.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:59 am

Inchpractice wrote:I think it's important to make the distinction that even though he made a costly error, it's not his fault that we lost the game - strange as that may sound.

If the ten lazy-arse pricks in front of him had turned up we might've scored a goal.

Exactly.

We're not going to win if we don't score... and yesterday we didn't score. And more times than not we should be able to overcome 1 goal at home against a side like Newcastle. That loss shouldn't be placed on Fabianski's shoulders alone.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:10 am

You can't lose if you don't concede. Graham knew this

It's not Fabianski's fault we didn't win and he had nothing to do with the team performance but it is his fault we lost.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:30 am

CynicalGooner wrote:It's not Fabianski's fault we didn't win and he had nothing to do with the team performance but it is his fault we lost.

Fair point, but it's only true if you believe that Fab was 100% responsible for conceding the goal.
Personally I would have to question why one of the Premiership's most in-form strikers was being marked by a striker instead of a CB.
I would also have to question what the f**k Chamakh was doing letting him stroll right past him (ball-watching)?

The GK is the last line of defence and if a striker manages to get one-on-one with the GK you have to ask why, and how he managed it so easily.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Maxduke » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:35 am

Basically what Cyn said.

Although the outfield players need to fix-up, they really should be scoring atleast 1 against Newcastle at home.
Last edited by Maxduke on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski