Flappianski! No he's Faboulanski!! No Flappy!! Wtf is he?!

Re: Flappianski! No he's Faboulanski!! No Flappy!! Wtf is he

Postby Est83 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Wenger's fault because he believes in zonal marking and not man marking (which would have put a defender up against the striker Carroll) :naughty:

Chamakh's fault for his piss poor marking. Silly striker, you should know better! :scratch:

Fabianski's fault for miss judging the flight of the ball and getting underneath it instead of going towards it with an allmight running jump as Carroll did. :rolleyes:

Go the the root of the problem guys! Wenger's fault, somethhing you won't hear me say that often :hiding:

Guide to beating Arsenal at set pieces.
1: Get a couple of tricky little runners to stand in the zones marked by the Arsenal CB's.
2: Get your tallest most beastiest player to stand in the zone marked by Arshavin or a forward that clearly has no defensive ability.
3: Get the runners to drag the CB's out of place, and get your beast to attack the space left open by the confused CB's that have started to chase the runners before realising that they're ACTUALLY marking a zone!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Our inability to score from FKs and how we defend them is very poor honestly...

I wrote a blog about our lack of scoring from them last week.

To be fair, most teams allow goals from set pieces, and we're no different. But we rarely score from them, and hardly ever even threaten...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:08 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Yeah, the error wasn't THAT bad.............. it only cost us the game. :dizzy:

He wasn't talking about the result of the error, he was talking about what he did wrong. It wasn't like VDS dropping the ball, or him punching it into the net... it was just a split second of hesitation coming out for the ball.

And in that regard, I agree with him.

:arse fan:

I don't really see how this one was any different than all the others that people wanted his head for? Now since he only does it once every six games, it seems to be ok. I know why you're agreeing, you just don't want that thread that you're praising him for only a few good games now to make you look silly. ;)

What you're saying then is that it is ok that we were unable to penetrate NEWCASTLE's defense at HOME, and that it is all Fabianski's fault we didn't DRAW. Only used caps to highlight the complete nonsense of the whole situation, that we are even talking about settling for a draw at home to a newly promoted team.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:15 pm

mg86 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Yeah, the error wasn't THAT bad.............. it only cost us the game. :dizzy:

He wasn't talking about the result of the error, he was talking about what he did wrong. It wasn't like VDS dropping the ball, or him punching it into the net... it was just a split second of hesitation coming out for the ball.

I don't really see how this one was any different than all the others that people wanted his head for? Now since he only does it once every six games, it seems to be ok. I know why you're agreeing, you just don't want that thread that you're praising him for only a few good games now to make you look silly. ;)

What you're saying then is that it is ok that we were unable to penetrate NEWCASTLE's defense at HOME, and that it is all Fabianski's fault we didn't DRAW. Only used caps to highlight the complete nonsense of the whole situation, that we are even talking about settling for a draw at home to a newly promoted team.

No, I don't believe I said that at all. All I said was that his error was a big error, other factors contributed to us losing the game, but since the game was so close, his error was the one that cost us the most. Pretty simple really. Thats why a good GK is so important, they can play well for 89 minutes, but that one second of bad play can cost your team the whole game. It may have been a minor error as far as alot of GK make those, but as far as the impact on the game it was huge.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mg86 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:18 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
mg86 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:

No, I don't believe I said that at all. All I said was that his error was a big error, other factors contributed to us losing the game, but since the game was so close, his error was the one that cost us the most. Pretty simple really. Thats why a good GK is so important, they can play well for 89 minutes, but that one second of bad play can cost your team the whole game. It may have been a minor error as far as alot of GK make those, but as far as the impact on the game it was huge.

Bottom line, we've lost twice to newly promoted teams at home. Its rediculous, its embarrasing really. We played like collective shit and that is the result we deserve a loss. All the Carroll goal did was show how utterly weak our defense is, nothing new though if you haven't been wanking with bias Arsenal glasses over Squillaci and Kos since Gallas left.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:22 pm

mg86 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
mg86 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:

Bottom line, we've lost twice to newly promoted teams at home. Its rediculous, its embarrasing really. We played like collective shit and that is the result we deserve a loss. All the Carroll goal did was show how utterly weak our defense is, nothing new though if you haven't been wanking with bias Arsenal glasses over Squillaci and Kos since Gallas left.

Yea our defense has been shit the past 4 seasons, and I still say its the philosophy of team defense thats wrong, not so much with the players we have.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Est83 wrote:Wenger's fault because he believes in zonal marking and not man marking (which would have put a defender up against the striker Carroll) :naughty:

We do man mark, just not very well. Chamakh was marking Carrol cos he was our tallest player. It looked like Fabianski gave the shout so the onus was on him to punch or catch it
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:07 am

CynicalGooner wrote:
Est83 wrote:Wenger's fault because he believes in zonal marking and not man marking (which would have put a defender up against the striker Carroll) :naughty:

We do man mark, just not very well. Chamakh was marking Carrol cos he was our tallest player. It looked like Fabianski gave the shout so the onus was on him to punch or catch it

It certainly looked that way, which is strange, because I've read in two seperate interviews from Wenger about why he opts for zonal marking and not man marking.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby mg86 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:24 am

Est83 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

It certainly looked that way, which is strange, because I've read in two seperate interviews from Wenger about why he opts for zonal marking and not man marking.

Man marking systems are easy to concede in as well. Its so natural to get intangled in another players path and screened away from your player with everyone crossing to the ball.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Est83 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:28 am

Every systems has pros and cons, but it would have been nice to see Squlacci up against Carroll.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby gzagee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Well tonight he was Faboulanski. :clap: :clap:

Made a few great saves tonight.

Chamakh acknowledged it. I acknowledge it.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby IMF » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Suuuuper Super Flap
Suuuuper Super Flap
Suuuuuuuper Super Flap
Super Flappianski!
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!