Flappianski! No he's Faboulanski!! No Flappy!! Wtf is he?!

Re: Flappianski! No he's Faboulanski!! No Flappy!! Wtf is he

Postby Forest » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:37 pm

However good he gets he'll always be called Flappers to me.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:10 pm

So Fabianski has only had two good games has he?

f**k you MOTD.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:21 pm

I still don't trust Flappy. I know he has been good but I want to see it over a full season. Like the Spanish waiter I will give him my full support, but I am not ready to proclaim him a goal keeping God just yet.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:57 pm

GunnGunn wrote:So Fabianski has only had two good games has he?

f**k you MOTD.

Apparently the season started two games ago for the BBC....?

:dontknow:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 am

Fabrestuta wrote:I still don't trust Flappy. I know he has been good but I want to see it over a full season. Like the Spanish waiter I will give him my full support, but I am not ready to proclaim him a goal keeping God just yet.

What hesitation to do you have to not get behind him? The Newcastle collective defensive f up? Ive seen Casillas, Cesar, Cech and Reina all have similar if not worse "mistakes" this season.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:54 am

mg86 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:I still don't trust Flappy. I know he has been good but I want to see it over a full season. Like the Spanish waiter I will give him my full support, but I am not ready to proclaim him a goal keeping God just yet.

What hesitation to do you have to not get behind him? The Newcastle collective defensive f up? Ive seen Casillas, Cesar, Cech and Reina all have similar if not worse "mistakes" this season.

Flappy has had a few good games, I am not ready to forget all his previous f**k ups. Alex Manninger had a fabulous period when David Seaman was out and everyone was ready to proclaim him the greatest keeper on the planet. As I said, I need to see Flappy perform over a full season. As to the Cech, Reina mistakes, seriously, people need to get a grip. They are PROVEN keepers. I am not dissing flappy, I hope he has turned the corner, but a few good games does not a good keeper make.
I will back him, like I did with Manuel, but get a grip.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:05 am

I'm with Fabs on this, even though I did write a blog about how good Flappy has been. It is after all only been about two months. He does appear to have put the major gaffs behind him, but the fact remains that he has proven himself capable of making some SERIOUS mistakes. Until he shows me that he's well and truly put that all in the past, I'm going to remain a bit skeptical. And that's going to take a good number of solid performances to do.

That said though, he has looked like he is able to step up and be the best keeper in the squad... a truly top class keeper is still up for debate though. Because, after all, best at Arsenal isn't saying a whole lot.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:25 am

I think people need to put into perspective just how many mistakes he actually made...

In his first season he was very solid, second season was very good as well, but towards the end he lost it, the Chelsea game was a turning point in his career, it knocked him for six, last season he was poor, but no worse than Almunia and his mistakes were not based on a lack of ability, but a lack of belief in himself.

This season he has played 11 games and has made what, a couple of mistakes? Mistakes i see week in week out even from the best.

I don't think he should have to play consistently well over an entire season in order to gain respect and trust when he hasn't f***ked up for an entire season prior to this one...

I am looking back through all his games and statistics, and it was really only last season he was very poor, the season before that, it was "that" Chelsea game that was the catalyst really but he was very, very good prior.

You couldn't even blame him for the 5-1 defeat against the Spuds because they ran riot.

He is no way shape or form the finished article but i think we all know, even when he was f***ing up badly that he was always a much better goalkeeper than Almunia ability wise.

I don't think one person would disagree with that and call his actual ability into question, it was ALWAYS a mental block.

I honestly think that he has eclipsed his previous mistakes this season, he won the match for us today, he won the match at Wolves, he won the match at Man City.

All it takes is one vital stop for a GK to win a match for you and he has done it for us so many times this season that its not even a shock anymore.

I haven't had faith in an Arsenal keeper as much as i have in Fabianski for years, even when Almunia was in the form of his life, you always suspected he could not save the unsaveable, Fabianski saves the unsaveable week in week out.

I am sure there will be mistakes from Fabianski, just like there are from even the best, but the way he responds to making a mistake now is miraculous, he gets angry, mean and he becomes 10x the GK.

At 25 he is still practically a baby, i don't believe GK's full mature until well into their 30's so he has a long way to go yet, but if he keeps on improving at the rate at which he has done, then come the end of the season, we could have quite a brilliant Goalkeeper in our midst.

I never expected him to be as good as he has been.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:52 am

Leody wrote:I'm with Fabs on this, even though I did write a blog about how good Flappy has been. It is after all only been about two months. He does appear to have put the major gaffs behind him, but the fact remains that he has proven himself capable of making some SERIOUS mistakes. Until he shows me that he's well and truly put that all in the past, I'm going to remain a bit skeptical. And that's going to take a good number of solid performances to do.

That said though, he has looked like he is able to step up and be the best keeper in the squad... a truly top class keeper is still up for debate though. Because, after all, best at Arsenal isn't saying a whole lot.

I agree with that but not as cynically as you though ;)

May have only been two months, but its been 11 games, he played 8 last season and was awful for about 6 of them...

Like i said, i never believed his ability was the cause, but his mentality.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:05 am

I'd agree GG, but you know he's capable of going mental because he's done it before. He's not shown any signs of doing it again, but you know that monster is in him. But thankfully he's looked like going completely the other direction recently and gets fired up when he messes up.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:21 am

It is, but i hopefully it won't make an appearence, ever again.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:14 am

I also think it's all psychological with him.
He's always had the ability he's showing now, he didn't magically become this good overnight.
He just used to shit himself as soon as he walked over the white line.
With a run of great performances under his belt now I would hope that mentally he'll be fine. I would even say that it's worth leaving Al on the bench for another ten games just to make sure that Fabs mental 'spell' is well and truly broken, even if Al is looking sharpest in training.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Gould » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:38 am

all credit from me goes to wenger in this instance because he could of sold or dumped fabanski in the reserve plenty of times but has allways stuck by him and given him his full support a huge show of faith begining to be shown off.
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski