It's a Good Problem to Have

Re: It's a Good Problem to Have

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:21 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:A good problem to have would have been if we sold Almunia like we should have, bought in a top goalie and Fabianski had produced these performances with him out injured.

Long term I still find it very hard to see Fabianski as our number 1, as good as he has been.

Yea, I'm not getting too excited yet either.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:57 pm

I missed the first ten minutes against Citeh, caught the highlights on MOTD and... F**K ME!!! The save he made in the first 2 minutes!!! That won us the match!

Okay, I'm not going to predict every event from then onwards had he let it in, but all I know is that Almunia would NOT have saved it, and at 1-0 down away to Citeh it would have been a completely different game. Citeh defending a lead would have been an absolute nightmare!!!

It might take a few months, but people will soon forget the keeper he used to be... well, we may joke about it from time to time. Remember Cesc's mullet!?!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Leody » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Est83 wrote:Remember Cesc's mullet!?!

It wasn't that bad... :lol:

If I ever had a son with hair like that I'd shave his head in his sleep. :dizzy: (says the guy with the half-afro from his youth...)
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Est83 wrote:I missed the first ten minutes against Citeh, caught the highlights on MOTD and... F**K ME!!! The save he made in the first 2 minutes!!! That won us the match!

Okay, I'm not going to predict every event from then onwards had he let it in, but all I know is that Almunia would NOT have saved it, and at 1-0 down away to Citeh it would have been a completely different game. Citeh defending a lead would have been an absolute nightmare!!!

It might take a few months, but people will soon forget the keeper he used to be... well, we may joke about it from time to time. Remember Cesc's mullet!?!

Thats a good point, cause they didn't just sit back and choose to defend at all after the red, and fair play to them. They moved Yaya to CB, but he still crept up and played in the midfield as well, so they weren't really missing much right away cause he was doing the job of both CB and CM.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski