Fabianski reborn?

Re: Fabianski reborn?

Postby maslo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:23 am

theres no denying hes been playing great these last few games, but for me im still a little wary of him in the air or under pressure from set pieces, making some great saves no doubt but id like to see him put in a commanding performance against a team who keeps pumping the ball into the box, a blackburn or someone.

still i feel more confident having him in goal than almunia and there are a few keepers who are class that dont have that side of the game as their strongest, reina is one who had a couple of dodgey seasons in that respect
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zedie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:53 am

How are people feeling about the goalkeeping situation now? Do we stick or twist?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:57 am

I've only seen the highlights of Mondays game, but Fabs did look at fault for their goal. Caught in no mans land, should have stayed on the line or launched himself forward.

But anyway, judging by how he's been, I fully expect him to put it behind him and move on, so it's "stick" for me.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Fabianski reborn?

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:04 am

Est83 wrote:I've only seen the highlights of Mondays game, but Fabs did look at fault for their goal. Caught in no mans land, should have stayed on the line or launched himself forward.

But anyway, judging by how he's been, I fully expect him to put it behind him and move on, so it's "stick" for me.

Looked like Koscielnys fault to me...

Those kind of free kicks are stupid hard to defend against.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:10 am

Only seen it once to be fair, so would have to look back at the defenders. Fabianski was definitely between two minds though.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Zedie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:18 am

GunnGunn wrote:
Est83 wrote:I've only seen the highlights of Mondays game, but Fabs did look at fault for their goal. Caught in no mans land, should have stayed on the line or launched himself forward.

Looked like Koscielnys fault to me...

Those kind of free kicks are stupid hard to defend against.

I'd tend to agree, Kos played them all onside when everyone else kept the line and then didnt really make a challenge on Ivanovic.

However, Fabianski should have either gone for it or stayed on his line not somewhere in the middle. Then again, that was a bitch of a ball to defend against,that could have come off anyone.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:24 am

He was caught in two minds again, i think he realised as soon as the ball was hit that he couldn't come for it and couldn't get back.

Whether he had stayed on his line or not i don't think he would have saved it as he would have been planted the second it hit Ivanovic's head.

Koscielny was standing around playing them all onside, he learnt his lesson for the offside goal however.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:36 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Whether he had stayed on his line or not i don't think he would have saved it as he would have been planted the second it hit Ivanovic's head.

If he had stayed on his line, it would have been an easy save, right down his throat. I thought it was poor from him.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:26 pm

It was both their faults in part, was a great free kick though
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Jay22 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:It was both their faults in part, was a great free kick though

Yeah, I agree. Quite hard to defend those, I would say. Fair play to Drogba for delivering a great ball in the box.

There are certain aspects of free kicks that are impossible for goalkeepers to defend against. Conceding only 1 to Chelsea is fine by me.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Previous

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski