Fabianski geared up for Blues

Re: Fabianski geared up for Blues

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Him an Almunia are both prone to mistakes so I don't think it matters who starts.

I still think we have enough quality to get a result - especially if Vermaelen is back and Cesc is at least on the bench.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:40 pm

If our defence plays like the did against Partisan we could have both Almunia and Flappy in goal and we'd still concede 4. That worries me more than who's in goal to be honest.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Him an Almunia are both prone to mistakes so I don't think it matters who starts.

I still think we have enough quality to get a result - especially if Vermaelen is back and Cesc is at least on the bench.

Wenger said Vermaelen definitely won't be back
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:07 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:Him an Almunia are both prone to mistakes so I don't think it matters who starts.

In that case it doesn't matter who is in goal.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:08 pm

let's all hope that flappy will make a big game.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

Very true! :disgust:

I've also said, it didn't really matter if we got new defenders in or not, cause our whole scheme and tactics are wrong when it comes to defense.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:14 pm

Can't we just bring back Graham to coach the defence? Let bygones be bygones Arsenal. Oh and let him buy a keeper too

Imagine that; a Wenger attack in front of a Graham defence. It worked in 98-02, it'll work again
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:15 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

I've also said, it didn't really matter if we got new defenders in or not, cause our whole scheme and tactics are wrong when it comes to defense.

Incorrect chavster. If what you said was true it would mean we have tactics when it comes to defending.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

Incorrect chavster. If what you said was true it would mean we have tactics when it comes to defending.

:lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Jay22 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Can't we just bring back Graham to coach the defence? Let bygones be bygones Arsenal. Oh and let him buy a keeper too

Imagine that; a Wenger attack in front of a Graham defence. It worked in 98-02, it'll work again

I remember reading somewhere that an offer was made to Keown to work with the defence but he didn't took the position. Not sure how true that story was but that would have been a major boost to our defense. He is exactly the type of player we miss. :(

Yes it's true. He was helping out with the defensive coaching during the CL run with our makeshift back 4 and he had them drilled very well. But he wanted to pursue his BBC career so didn't stay on after that...

Hope he changes his mind someday soon
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby IMF » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:29 pm

1 good game out of 30 doesn't mean shit.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:33 pm

IMF wrote:1 good game out of 30 doesn't mean shit.

Tis called being prisoners of the moment.

We need to back whoever is in goal but flappy has a lot to atone for. If he plays like e did the last time he played the chavs all his work yesterday will have gone to waste. We can but hope his performance will have given him some confidence.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:36 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Can't we just bring back Graham to coach the defence? Let bygones be bygones Arsenal. Oh and let him buy a keeper too

I remember reading somewhere that an offer was made to Keown to work with the defence but he didn't took the position. Not sure how true that story was but that would have been a major boost to our defense. He is exactly the type of player we miss. :(

Yes it's true. He was helping out with the defensive coaching during the CL run with our makeshift back 4 and he had them drilled very well. But he wanted to pursue his BBC career so didn't stay on after that...

Hope he changes his mind someday soon

I think we need Bouldy involved with the first team. He deserves a promotion and I'd like to see Wenger groom him as his eventual successor.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm

IMF wrote:1 good game out of 30 doesn't mean shit.

He hasn't had 30 bad games for us, he has had about 10, i remember back when he first joined he was quite popular, especially after the Wigan game when he made that double save from Zaki.

The FA Cup game against Chelsea is what done him up like a kipper, ever since then till yesterday he has been a nervous wreck.

That game was the catalyst for his form since, if he can go back against Chelsea and beat his demons then it could be very good for him and for us.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby tkmullan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

Vermaelen isn't that good mate.

Obviously a first choice defensive partnership would include him, but I still think Squillaci and Koscielny have a good partnership going here.

For Fabianski, I think he's always had the ability. Obviously he plays to a decent standard in training, otherwise no one would keep faith in him, and it's just been translating that into decent performances on the pitch. I hope that Tuesday will prove to be the turning point in Fabianski's career, rather than just a false dawn.

I understand the arguments that two good games won't mean he's destined to be our number 1 for years to come, but if he could do it against Chelsea and Drogba, he can do it against anyone.
tkmullan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski