Not Good Enough

Re: Not Good Enough

Postby tkmullan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Goose wrote:Almunia part two

good shot stopper, but error prone

i guess he's suffered from being understudy to Almunia.

I really do feel bad for him...

He may have the talent and skill for the position, but he clearly doesn't have the mind.

i agree with this. i think he can still be a good keeper, but it isn't going to happen at Arsenal. probably needs to leave for his own sake 9as well as ours)
tkmullan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Gunner Down Under » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:19 am

emkay wrote:
Goose wrote:Almunia part two

good shot stopper, but error prone

i guess he's suffered from being understudy to Almunia.

I really do feel bad for him...

He may have the talent and skill for the position, but he clearly doesn't have the mind.

i agree with this. i think he can still be a good keeper, but it isn't going to happen at Arsenal. probably needs to leave for his own sake 9as well as ours)

He's not going to have a good time. The football here is too much for him, we as the fans are getting on his back, and he's simply not good enough. Fabianski out, for Arsenal FC and for himself.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:23 pm

"I think he will be a great keeper," said Wenger.

"If you ask how many mistakes you can afford [at this level], I would say zero. But it is also part of the game.

"I believe Fabianski has total talents, with a great quality and spirit.

Now he has a good opportunity to show how good he is.

"Of course, he was disappointed on Sunday [after the Wigan game], but I believe he was not the only one involved in our defeat."

Wenger has been linked with a move for a new keeper this summer, but he batted away questions about his transfer intentions at his pre-match press conference.

"Let's finish the season first," said the manager. "We do not want to go on the transfer market before a big game which we have tomorrow."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... great-keep

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:25 pm

If he insists upon keepeing this guy why doesn't Wenger loan him out?

Surely it would do better for his confidence if he plays elsewhere where the spotlight isn't on him so much. He'd benefit from that. Who knows, he'd either get better and come back a better player or the loaning club might want to sign him permanently.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:36 pm

I think Fabianski could probably do quite well for Birmingham on loan, i think after Given's injury, Hart returning is pretty much a certainty unless Mancini goes for Buffon or another keeper of that calibre.

He has been around for ages though, at 25 you want to be breaking through and unless he goes through a radical mental overhaul, i don't think he will ever be good enough.

I certainly don't think he is better than Scezsney, he looks like the Fabregas of the goalkeeping World at the moment, in regards to not only his ability but his maturity and mentaltiy at such a young age.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goose » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:33 am

Loan him to Accrington Stanley
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:37 am

Fabinski should stay if Almunia stays number one.. At least he can make Almunia look good
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooneritis » Wed May 05, 2010 7:32 am

they just showed fabianskis mistakes on a football show here. f***ing comical how shit he is.
that one against porto sums him up, completely fails to command his area, doesn't collect the ball until it's too late (even though the ball was in HIS area with no attackers around), gives away the indirect freekick, then f***ing walks back towards goal with his back to the ball, whilst the f***ing opposition have a free kick in our area. no command, no common sense, no concentration, he's like the fat kid in the playground who you pick last then put in goal who'll only manage to save shots that come within arms reach of him.

the error against wigan also sums up his ability at set pieces.

SACK HIM
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Wed May 05, 2010 3:29 pm

I said it a few pages back somewhere gooneritis... I have often wondered what Wenger ever saw in Fabianski and how the kid ever even got a contract with Arsenal.

If this is the standard of keepers Wenger brings in then Wenger knows nothing about keeping and needs to hire a coach to handle everything including transfers and step away. Because the state of our keeping right now is an embarrassment to the club.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby tkmullan » Thu May 06, 2010 5:24 pm

I was just thinking about how a couple of years ago, Heurelho Gomes the spuds keeper was an absoloute laughing stock.

It's obvious Wenger has faith in Fabianski to do a similar thing... but then, when you're aiming for silverware, you really can't take that sort of risk. he obviously had potential, but I don't think he's ever going to make it here now.

I mean, to be fair to the kid, he's been understudy to Almunia, and Mart Poom is our goalkeeping coach - he never stood a chance, really.
tkmullan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Thu May 06, 2010 5:42 pm

Leody can I presume you are now fully in favour of a new manager? I cant remember your quotes on the issue but your OP in this thread suggests youve had enough...
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Leody » Thu May 06, 2010 5:49 pm

New manager?

Nah probably not... I think a major rethink needs to go down though.

Wenger needs to step away from everything goal keeper and let somebody who understands the position handle that. Not sure if he already does that or not... maybe he does...

I also think we would benefit from having a different approach against the "park-the-bus teams"

But I think the disruption of changing managers would cause more harm than good to the squad. If we were to change managers it would be 3-4 years before they could "rebuild" the squad into their liking. Unless we got somebody along the lines of Morhino or something, somebody who can win with anybody...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Thu May 06, 2010 5:52 pm

In addition...

I think Wenger's biggest problem is he doesn't change. It is the same thing year in year out and every match regardless of the opponent. After doing that for a few years others will find a way to beat you, no matter how good your approach was at first. He needs to adapt.

Sure the formation may change, but the overall approach never does. There are just different people in slightly different places on the pitch with the same mentality.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Thu May 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Well if you apply that logic you would never change managers because there would never be a good time. Generally managers do not leave when all is well at a club.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Fabby » Thu May 06, 2010 6:03 pm

No, wait till the end of his contract.

As has been said its his last year, he's said he wants to add experience (although we all know that his idea of that so far is Campbell and Silvestre) so if he bucks his trend and gives it a go with some Arshavin signings I will be begging for him to stay.

If not yeah a fresh start, but I don't see who's out there we could get thats better than him.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski