Not Good Enough

Re: Not Good Enough

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Of course I can say it, and I did.

Well fine.
If you can say that then I can say that apart from the 30 odd goals a season that Henry scored he was shit.
:snooty:

Wow, I don't understand how you people don't get it. It was just an observation. I ain't saying they weren't big mistakes or they didn't cost us the game, all I'm saying was if you take away those two mistakes he did pretty well. Its pretty f***ing easy.

Yes it is.
It's not that we don't understand your statement, it's fairly simple. It's just that it's a non-statement, it doesn't make sense.
You're saying that the bits between the major cock-ups weren't bad, I get it.
What we're saying is that the observation is meaningless because as the thread says he's still 'not good enough' and those 'reasonable' bits that may have lasted a whole five minutes don't change anything.
Plus, as I pointed out there were still very dodgy moments on TOP of the two major cock-ups.

So when a player plays good for the majority of a game, but has some mental lapses that alot of young players do, then he suddenly isn't good enough? What about all those times you stuck up for Bendtner? How is Fabby any different? I ain't saying he is good enough, but should'nt we be giving him some more chances before we right him off as being shit? You can do it for some players but not for others? That doesn't make sense my friend. For a keeper he is young, I'm just trying to be fair like I am to all the other players most of the time. Nick still hasn't shown us that he can finish, which is the main job of a striker, but everybody still loves him. If a midfielder made two horrible mistakes in a game, nobody would be talking about it, but its magnified as a keeper and rightfully so, but give the kid a chance. The title should have a question mark at the end of it.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Fordy wrote:lol this conversation is quite funny, i know what your saying chivnt but the point your making is kind of pointless, it doesn't matter if he was good apart form the 2 mistakes because he did make them so he was shit.

Read above.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:53 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Fordy wrote:lol this conversation is quite funny, i know what your saying chivnt but the point your making is kind of pointless, it doesn't matter if he was good apart form the 2 mistakes because he did make them so he was shit.

Read above.

i wasn't talking about him as a player, over all i actually agree with you as a young keeper you can't right him off cos of a few mistakes.

i was saying the conversation about you saying apart from the mistakes he played well was quite funny
Fordy

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Fordy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Read above.

i wasn't talking about him as a player, over all i actually agree with you as a young keeper you can't right him off cos of a few mistakes.

i was saying the conversation about you saying apart from the mistakes he played well was quite funny

Thats all I'm trying to say, thanks!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:00 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Fordy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Read above.

No you are trying to say apart from two catastrophic mistakes he was decent.

Its like saying Iraq is a nice place to live when people aren't blowing themselves up.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:00 pm

ChVint22 wrote:So when a player plays good for the majority of a game, but has some mental lapses that alot of young players do, then he suddenly isn't good enough? What about all those times you stuck up for Bendtner? How is Fabby any different? I ain't saying he is good enough, but should'nt we be giving him some more chances before we right him off as being shit? You can do it for some players but not for others? That doesn't make sense my friend. For a keeper he is young, I'm just trying to be fair like I am to all the other players most of the time. Nick still hasn't shown us that he can finish, which is the main job of a striker, but everybody still loves him. If a midfielder made two horrible mistakes in a game, nobody would be talking about it, but its magnified as a keeper and rightfully so, but give the kid a chance. The title should have a question mark at the end of it.

I can't disagree with what you're saying but as I said in my first post in this thread, I wouldn't complain if we sold him in the summer and that's not something I've ever said before about a young player.
The difference between him, Bendy, Cesc etc. is that he's a GK so his mistakes are amplified which makes it all the more important that he doesn't make them very often. Should he be thrown in at the deep end when he's not mentally ready? No, and as I said before I blame AW for that.
However, there are only so many calamitous mistakes that can be written off due to a player's age, especially if they're 24.
After the cock-ups he made in the Prem game against Chelshit I let him off and put it down to his inexperience. After he cost us the FA Cup semi-final to Chelshit I put it down to his age and inexperience.
Now he's done it yet AGAIN it's not simply a question of age imo.
As Leody has pointed out he's made errors that a 9 year-old GK would make so being 24 is no excuse.
I just think he's been promoted too soon and he should be our number 3 not our number 2.
In fact I'm not even sure if he's ready to be our number 3.

With Bendtner we always saw from the beginning that he's capable of brilliant things. At first we only saw it in pre-season games or in CC games but the fact that he WAS capable of playing really well convinced me that one day he'd do those same things in Prem and CL games. It was encouraging that he gradually started to do that and score vital late winners for us.
I've never been encouraged by a Fabaclutski performance. I've always been scared and nothing has changed, it's only got worse.
The fact is that some young players WON'T make it no matter how much we coach them. The penny just won't drop and they'll end up being sold to Birmingham. Fabianski has a LOT of work to do to turn this around imo.
He should probably go on loan somewhere to get regular games, as long as we replace him of course.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Maxduke » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:04 pm

gunngunn wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Fordy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Read above.

Its like saying Iraq is a nice place to live when people aren't blowing themselves up.

It probably is, what with the sand and the sun... :sneaky:
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:05 pm

gunngunn wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Fordy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Read above.

No, thats not what I'm saying so don't put words in my mouth, or on my keyboard.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:07 pm

ROFL, you said it yourself mate, i am not putting anything into youre mouth.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:So when a player plays good for the majority of a game, but has some mental lapses that alot of young players do, then he suddenly isn't good enough? What about all those times you stuck up for Bendtner? How is Fabby any different? I ain't saying he is good enough, but should'nt we be giving him some more chances before we right him off as being shit? You can do it for some players but not for others? That doesn't make sense my friend. For a keeper he is young, I'm just trying to be fair like I am to all the other players most of the time. Nick still hasn't shown us that he can finish, which is the main job of a striker, but everybody still loves him. If a midfielder made two horrible mistakes in a game, nobody would be talking about it, but its magnified as a keeper and rightfully so, but give the kid a chance. The title should have a question mark at the end of it.

I can't disagree with what you're saying but as I said in my first post in this thread, I wouldn't complain if we sold him in the summer and that's not something I've ever said before about a young player.
The difference between him, Bendy, Cesc etc. is that he's a GK so his mistakes are amplified which makes it all the more important that he doesn't make them very often. Should he be thrown in at the deep end when he's not mentally ready? No, and as I said before I blame AW for that.
However, there are only so many calamitous mistakes that can be written off due to a player's age, especially if they're 24.
After the cock-ups he made in the Prem game against Chelshit I let him off and put it down to his inexperience. After he cost us the FA Cup semi-final to Chelshit I put it down to his age and inexperience.
Now he's done it yet AGAIN it's not simply a question of age imo.
As Leody has pointed out he's made errors that a 9 year-old GK would make so being 24 is no excuse.
I just think he's been promoted too soon and he should be our number 3 not our number 2.
In fact I'm not even sure if he's ready to be our number 3.

With Bendtner we always saw from the beginning that he's capable of brilliant things. At first we only saw it in pre-season games or in CC games but the fact that he WAS capable of playing really well convinced me that one day he'd do those same things in Prem and CL games. It was encouraging that he gradually started to do that and score vital late winners for us.
I've never been encouraged by a Fabaclutski performance. I've always been scared and nothing has changed, it's only got worse.
The fact is that some young players WON'T make it no matter how much we coach them. The penny just won't drop and they'll end up being sold to Birmingham. Fabianski has a LOT of work to do to turn this around imo.
He should probably go on loan somewhere to get regular games, as long as we replace him of course.

I agree with most of that, but I don't remember seeing too many brilliant things from Nick early on, even now really. I like Nick though, and he does alot of stuff that most fans don't see that is valuable to our team, but f**k I just wish he could finish.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:12 pm

gunngunn wrote:ROFL, you said it yourself mate, i am not putting anything into youre mouth.

It ain't nothing like your Iraq statement though so quit acting stupid.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:16 pm

jayantmoudgil wrote:Can't b'lve the direction this thread has taken. It was a simple thing really what chvint said. :dizzy:

I thought it was, apparently not. People just need a good moan after a loss I guess. ;) And I'm an easy target since I suck at arguments.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Artemis8 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Yawn guys, Yawn.. :Peace:
Artemis8

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:37 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
jayantmoudgil wrote:Can't b'lve the direction this thread has taken. It was a simple thing really what chvint said. :dizzy:

I thought it was, apparently not. People just need a good moan after a loss I guess. ;) And I'm an easy target since I suck at arguments.

Too easy :sneaky:
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:38 pm

gunngunn wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Too easy :sneaky:

Suck it!!! ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski