Not Good Enough

Re: Not Good Enough

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 pm

rogerthornhill wrote:I was very disappointed that AW played him tonight, I think that Mannone is a lot better than Fabianski.

If Mannone doesn't start against Sunderland, then we may as well just not even bother playing.

Bent will have a field day.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goose » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Lol and everyone was calling for him to replace Almunia

I kept saying he was shit in the FA Cup against Chelski, since then he has been shit in the FA Cup against Stoke and even shitter tonight
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Leody » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:05 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I had my head in my hands for the first goal. Unbelievable.

It'a hard to blame him fully for the the 2nd - Campbell was shielding the ball back to him to pick up, so it was more Campbell's fault for touching it. And it was ENTIRELY the ref's fault for letting what followed happen.

As a counter to that...

When was the last time you saw a backpass? Been years since I've seen one. In any match. He has to know not to do that. Even an average keeper doesn't pick that ball up.

Yes the ref compounded the problem by letting them take the FK, but they never should have had a FK in the first place.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Goose wrote:Lol and everyone was calling for him to replace Almunia

I kept saying he was shit in the FA Cup against Chelski, since then he has been shit in the FA Cup against Stoke and even shitter tonight

I have not, I've been saying all along that none of our keepers are of standard.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Leody wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I had my head in my hands for the first goal. Unbelievable.

It'a hard to blame him fully for the the 2nd - Campbell was shielding the ball back to him to pick up, so it was more Campbell's fault for touching it. And it was ENTIRELY the ref's fault for letting what followed happen.

As a counter to that...

When was the last time you saw a backpass? Been years since I've seen one. In any match. He has to know not to do that. Even an average keeper doesn't pick that ball up.

We had one given to us earlier in the season. Free kick in the box (which the ref made very very sure was NOT taken early) and RVP proceeded to smash it against the wall on the line.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby N5-A » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:33 pm

I seriously hope that Martin Hansson (REF) dies in his sleep tonight. As much as Fabianski is a t**t for picking up that ball, the Referee didnt help us at all by sprinting up there to aid Porto in their 2nd goal.
N5-A
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gooner90 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:23 pm

i already said my bit on him in the match thread.... in the stke game he also cocked up a couple low crosses coming in only they werent near the goal line but someone could of been there to tap them in, but tonight pretty shocking, second goal similar to the fa cup semi against chelsea
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:08 am

That's exactly what I was going to say.
Can't believe some people prefer him to Almunia just because Almunia has a few games of poor form.
You must be out of your f***ing minds.
The man terrifies me every time he's in goal. I don't care about his age, Mannone is better AND younger.
Every time Fabianski plays we WILL concede a goal somehow. FACT.
He's just not ready for this level of football and I blame AW for putting him in there. Fabianski should still be third in line to the throne and we should've replaced Lehmann.

I would be very happy if we sold him in the summer. You won't hear me saying that very often.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:55 am

Leody wrote:

As a counter to that...

Yes the ref compounded the problem by letting them take the FK, but they never should have had a FK in the first place.

First few minutes of our (second leg) CL Semi against Man United last season. Lucky it came to nothing though.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Q8 Gooner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:14 am

I have always been saying Flopski is not good enough.. I think if he was intelligent enough he would become number one but it seems he never will.. I thought he needs to cut these stupid moments.. But it looks like it is a part of his game.. Almunia has not been doing well this season but he is still much better than Joe from friends..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby dunkdafunk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:06 am

fabianski should have dribbled the ball away from goal, then booted it away.

campbell should not have touuched the ball.
Then should haave not had a sissy fit . You dont have to be 10 yards awaywhen there is a quick freekick, infact you can stand on top ofg the ball.

ref was a nob tho.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby gooneritis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 am

he's a useless shit c***, just like the rest of our keepers.

we had this problem 4 f***ing years ago when lemon was shite, got dropped for almunia who proved to be even shitter so a shit lemon got back in the team on being the lesser shit of two shitters.
it's only transgressed from there, fact is wenger has horribly neglected our keeping stocks since seaman left.
every keeper we've had since has been good for costing us 10 goals a season, all f***ing duffers and fabianski is just another in a long line.

f**k selling him, terminate his contract immediately and send him back to Poland.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby J-Mack » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:09 am

rogerthornhill wrote:I was very disappointed that AW played him tonight, I think that Mannone is a lot better than Fabianski.

On what basis can you say that? We haven't got one good keeper at the club. That's been evident for a long time now. Mannone plays a blinder against Fulham - we win the game when we should of lost and suddenly he's the best we've got.
J-Mack
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby rogerthornhill » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:31 am

J-Mack wrote:

On what basis can you say that? We haven't got one good keeper at the club. That's been evident for a long time now. Mannone plays a blinder against Fulham - we win the game when we should of lost and suddenly he's the best we've got.

To me Mannone looks like a much better bet than Fabianski, he did quite well when he had that run in the team just after the start of the season. He looked confident and in control, sure he made some mistakes but he does look to have the makings of a really good keeper. That cannot be said of Fabianski, he frequently looks nervous and panic-stricken, for my money he simply isn't good enough. I would say that last night's performance was, by a long way, the worst display from an Arsenal keeper in a very very long time.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheGeneral » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:50 am

Leody wrote:
gunngunn wrote:You may as well lose all your respect now mate, because AW will still play him and say he is "Top".

You're probably right, but there is no way Wenger could possibly really believe that.

I wonder how this kid ever even got in the team...

You mean in the team ahead of Mannone and Shea?
TheGeneral
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski