I shall go easy on Denilson

Re: I shall go easy on Denilson

Postby dunkdafunk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:47 am

All this negativity has been unfounded.
The lad has shown his class so far this term.
OK he doesn't turn the pitch on fire.
But he plays a crucial role, especially when Song is playig.
His role is to get ball from the defence, turn into space and move the ball forward.
It is Song's role to tackle, and hassle the guy on the ball, ten lay it off to someone else, most likely Denilson.

Denilson either passes it forward to one of our wide men, or short to Cesc.
Cesc either shoots from range, Passes an intricate ball, or moves it around for a bit longer.

Perhaps one critism is that Denilson doesn't thread these long balls. Or he doesn't shoot. This aspect will come with experience, and with a little extra space, as oopposition are drawn towads Cesc.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 am

dunkdafunk wrote:Perhaps one critism is that Denilson doesn't thread these long balls. Or he doesn't shoot. This aspect will come with experience, and with a little extra space, as oopposition are drawn towads Cesc.

Actually I've been quite surprised and impressed by the number of goals Denilson has racked up this season. I wasn't expecting him to score at all but he has 5 goals in 15 appearances.
1 in 3 is pretty good for someone who's playing in the DM position!
(By the way 5 goals is more than Nasri, Ramsey and Rosicky)
Song only has 1 goal in 26 appearances.
Denilson is also one of the precious few members of the squad who isn't afraid to shoot from range.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunner Down Under » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:36 am

Looking at First PL goal this season.....
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm trying real hard, really really hard not to fly off on him again..
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:19 pm

Go for it, he deserves it
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby mg86 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Maybe he is just really slow and wanted to be caught up with Rooney?
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:39 pm

To be honest I don't care much for whether he has the highest pass completion rate in our team, the fact is he's not doing much good right now.

I see his position as the amalgam of Song and Cesc's positions where he starts or links attacks but also is tasked with the responsibility of getting back to protect the defence.

He doesn't seem to do any of that well. However it wasn't only due to him we lost. The whole team were well below par today. I only felt sorry for Clichy who, in two games since returning from injury has had to face Ashley Young and an in-form Nani. With little or no protection.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:43 pm

Clichy gets raped, because Arshavin does not do any defending on the left

Denilson is not box to box, Diaby is

We also committed to much to attack and got hit on 2 counters from us taking corners.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby niko197 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:41 pm

he is to weak, it's a shame for any player and specialy for defensive midfielder that can't hold the ball under pressure, and that's it, he's to weak, almoust like pussy. i lost respect for him after that game against everton, when he felt something and fell on the ground and let the ball to everton player who could easily scored third goal. that's the pussiest (if that is a word?) thing i've ever seen.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Massa » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:42 pm

He's shite. Sell him.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby IMF » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:44 pm

Goose Clichy got raped because Nasri didn't do enough defending and Clichy kept running to the centre of defence instead of staying on the left... Arshavin was up front in the middle most of the game.... how's it his fault?

DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Leody » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:08 pm

I'm with Niko, if you're going to fall to the ground and hand the ball to the other team you had better die there. I don't care if your right leg spontaneously explodes, you hop on your one remaining leg at least try to kick the ball out or to a teammate.

Today he gave up on that counter. He relaxed and let up because he was unaware of Rooney's presence. That is unacceptable. If I were in Vermaelen's boots on that play and I had run back like that and covered the lead runner as he did and Denilson pulled that on me I would have knocked his teeth out the back of his skull.

Tommy still was the closest to covering Rooney, even though he was marking the other attacker... Sad he didn't get any support on that play.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:19 pm

Yeh IMF, I meant whoever was on the left, which was Nasri, although they did swap positions a bit, Clichy had to keep running into the middle because our CBs were venturing forward a lot and leaving the centre open.

Arshavin should of passed twice before they scored and we would have scored, because they scored 1st and we committed forward, we left ourselves open to counter attacks and they got both goals after breaking from corners.

We needed someone to properly break up those attacks and doing fouls if they had to, Song couldnt do any fouls as he was already on a yellow, which means Denilson should have.

Diaby is quite good at getting back and putting fouls in, as its easier to defend a free kick than trying to defend against a counter attack.

Its all good being on top of the fair play league, but it doesnt win you shit

For me Denilson added nothing, he is not a box to box type
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:10 am

gzagee wrote:To be honest I don't care much for whether he has the highest pass completion rate in our team, the fact is he's not doing much good right now.

I see his position as the amalgam of Song and Cesc's positions where he starts or links attacks but also is tasked with the responsibility of getting back to protect the defence.

He doesn't seem to do any of that well. However it wasn't only due to him we lost. The whole team were well below par today. I only felt sorry for Clichy who, in two games since returning from injury has had to face Ashley Young and an in-form Nani. With little or no protection.

Exactly! This is what I have been saying for MONTHS!

He is just so embarrassingly average at everything he does and offers NOTHING to the team. He is a liability and we may as well play with 10 men. We can carry passengers when playing the small teams but not the like of Man U

I said all of this after Chelsea too
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elvisarsenal924 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 am

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=denil ... 7408306965
I simply don't think he's good enough for arsenal! Over the years, i just can't see any improvement from him at all! Like the game yesterday, he's literally invisible!! I think we should replace him with a better player!
elvisarsenal924
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Denilson