I shall go easy on Denilson

I shall go easy on Denilson

Postby gzagee » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:14 pm

After rereading my comments on the difference of opinion I had with Inchy regarding Denilson, I've decided to refrain on deriding Denilson and what he might bring to our game.

I may have been a tad harsh in my criticism of the player (though I still hold the belief that he should be doing more). I spose it was unnecessary to claim he should be sold in the summer. He's a developing player.

Just wish he'd impose himself on the game. It's not as if he's a mere slip of a lad is it?

So in the interests of supporting our boys I shall keep my more disconcerting opinions of him to myself (or at least to a minimum :sneaky2: ).

:arse flag.gif: :Peace:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: I shall go easy on Denilson

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:47 pm

gzagee wrote:After rereading my comments on the difference of opinion I had with Inchy regarding Denilson, I've decided to refrain on deriding Denilson and what he might bring to our game.

I may have been a tad harsh in my criticism of the player (though I still hold the belief that he should be doing more). I spose it was unnecessary to claim he should be sold in the summer. He's a developing player.

Just wish he'd impose himself on the game. It's not as if he's a mere slip of a lad is it?

So in the interests of supporting our boys I shall keep my more disconcerting opinions of him to myself (or at least to a minimum :sneaky2: ).

No need to apologise for that mate. Im with you on that one,he should be sold in the summer becuase IMO he hasn't really been up to much recently now that his big chance has come.
He offers nothing that Song/Diaby cannot offer becuase he seems to be torn between the two types of player he wants to be.

Put him out and bring in an established DM.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:49 pm

why sell him, then that just leaves us short again if injuries happen, the it will be the same problem as the last few seasons with hardly any back up

keep him, but buy someone to allow fabregas to play like fabregas
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:57 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:why sell him, then that just leaves us short again if injuries happen, the it will be the same problem as the last few seasons with hardly any back up

But we have far too many center mid-fielders and assuming AW buys a DM(fingers crossed) in summer he wont really have a distunguised positon what with Diaby,Ramsey,Cesc and even Nasri who can play attacking and Song,*insert possibly buy* and Ramsey can even play in a defesive role too.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ScottishLass » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:01 pm

gzagee wrote:After rereading my comments on the difference of opinion I had with Inchy regarding Denilson, I've decided to refrain on deriding Denilson and what he might bring to our game.

Doesn't that come with age and experience? Denilson is still how old? 18-19? I think the criticism was a tad harsh because hes only doing whats been asked of him. In time I think he'll develop into a great player.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:12 pm

ScottishLass wrote:

Doesn't that come with age and experience? Denilson is still how old? 18-19? I think the criticism was a tad harsh because hes only doing whats been asked of him. In time I think he'll develop into a great player.

Just turned 21 this month.
If your going to have that kind of attitude then were being harsh on eboue becuase 'hes only doing whats being asked of him'.

We've ran out of time. We can't afford to wait around for players to develop aymore,our squad dept is shockingly weak and we need players who are going to offer us something right now not in a few years time when its too late.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:16 pm

ScottishLass wrote:

Wrong, wrong wrong! He's 20-21, been in the senior squad 3 years.
As said in the other thread Collison, Rodwell, Insua, Rafael are all younger and have less experience but are all performing admirably, and imposed themselves in games. Why am i repeating myself?!?!?! :BangHead:
Hold on - you're winding me up ain't you SL?
I'm not gonna fall for it. Denilson is is great. He's a great player. He is.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:16 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
absolutely_fabregas wrote:why sell him, then that just leaves us short again if injuries happen, the it will be the same problem as the last few seasons with hardly any back up

But we have far too many center mid-fielders and assuming AW buys a DM(fingers crossed) in summer he wont really have a distunguised positon what with Diaby,Ramsey,Cesc and even Nasri who can play attacking and Song,*insert possibly buy* and Ramsey can even play in a defesive role too.

man utd have anderson,scholes,hargreaves,carrick,fletcher,(giggs this season),possebon who play CM

our squad looks threadbare, a couple of kids, and you want to get rid of the one that has most experience?
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:30 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:

man utd have anderson,scholes,hargreaves,carrick,fletcher,(giggs this season),possebon who play CM

our squad looks threadbare, a couple of kids, and you want to get rid of the one that has most experience?

Yes becuase hes been shite now for too long,hes had his chance and hasn't took it.
Why keep him tagging along when we hes shown that he isn't good enough. Man Utd's midfield has strength in dept and has players like Anderson and Possebon who obviously arent good enough yet but they can afford to keep them there becuase they arent expected to be in the team anytime soon.

We on the other hand cannot afford to wait so therefore were pushing him into games when hes not ready. Its causing us more harm than good becuase he cant step up and by the time he does its going to be too late.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:44 pm

couldnt disagree more, but i will agree to disagree :biggrin:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Fair play mate :dance2:
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ScottishLass » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:50 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

Just turned 21 this month.
If your going to have that kind of attitude then were being harsh on eboue becuase 'hes only doing whats being asked of him'.

We've ran out of time. We can't afford to wait around for players to develop aymore,our squad dept is shockingly weak and we need players who are going to offer us something right now not in a few years time when its too late.

He isn't asked to be a diving cheat. Not many people on here slag his ability its more his attitude on the pitch.

@gza.. It was meant a bit tongue in cheek. I'm not saying he is a great player.. CM is possibly the hardest place to play on the football pitch and it comes with time. The people you have listed play in easier positions so therefor its easier to influence a game. Plus they are playing for average teams so stand out a bit more possibly? The only one that has impressed me out of the ones you have mentioned has been Rafael really to be honest.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:01 pm

SL Collison (19) plays in midfield for Wet Spam
Rodwell (17) plays midfield for Toffees
Insua plays left back for Scouse
Rafael plays right back for ManUre

Oh, and are we not playing like an average team ourselves? We've certainly been producing average results.

But i spose he needs a couple more seasons to grow into his role. Let's hope he has a good game tomorrow night.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby ScottishLass » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:09 pm

gzagee wrote:SL Collison (19) plays in midfield for Wet Spam
Rodwell (17) plays midfield for Toffees
Insua plays left back for Scouse
Rafael plays right back for ManUre

Oh, and are we not playing like an average team ourselves? We've certainly been producing average results.

But i spose he needs a couple more seasons to grow into his role. Let's hope he has a good game tomorrow night.

As I said.. I've only been impressed by one of the names you have mentioned. Do any of them play CM or CB?
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:58 pm

Gzagee, the key word in your post there is Developing Player.

Im not of the Dennilson haters, after all he is still young, but as ive said many times, when Cesc is fit he should be 2nd choice to him, rather than alongside him, & we should have a traditional MD to partner either, imo Cesc & Dennislon is not the best central pairing, as it affects Cesc's game & we see him in a different role rather than get the best out of him.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Next

Return to Denilson