I shall go easy on Denilson

Re: I shall go easy on Denilson

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:42 am

I feel sorry for the kid cos the amount of abuse he takes is completely unjust.

Loads of his work goes unnoticed, his workrate is first class and what he does off the ball with regards to closing spaces out is class. He hasn't had that big in your face impact because he goes about his work quietly and no-one i spicking it up because the team have been so dissapointing this year.

I really rate the kid and the difference with him and Eboue is that Eboue is a f***ing clown who really doesn't have a clue. He has no composure on the ball and Denilson does.

Selling the lad is completely out of the quesion in my opinion.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 am

Well said Ads. :clap:

I'm glad someone else can assess him fairly.

Like I said before, Denilson is a squad player who's playing in a first team position because he was promoted earlier than expected due to an exodus of midfielders in the summer.
None of that is Denilson's fault. Under the circumstances he's done pretty well considering he's been thrown in at the deep end imo.

If you're angry or frustrated that we have squad players like Denilson, Song or Bendtner starting every game then you should be criticising the manager not the players.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ozgooner » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:54 am

but who else can get the ball and do a 360 like denilson :smartass:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cheese » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm

Denilson has started 34 of our 40 games this season. More than any other player, including Almunia.

Surely that suggests that he's doing something right? And haven't most of them games been played "out of position"?

I do think in 3 or 4 years he'll be one of those important players for the team. Like what Vieira was, and Cesc is now.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheLittleMozart » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:41 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:Denilson has started 34 of our 40 games this season. More than any other player, including Almunia.

Surely that suggests that he's doing something right? And haven't most of them games been played "out of position"?

I do think in 3 or 4 years he'll be one of those important players for the team. Like what Vieira was, and Cesc is now.

Yes,it suggest that we don't have a decent partnership and points to the reason that hes played so much yet has made so little impact on the midfield,seeing as hes had all that time and done hee-haw with it.

The problem is that he hasnt go a position becuase hes equally bad in both positions. He needs to establish himsels as either an attacking/defensive midfielder and work hard at one position if were to keep him at thye club.

I've said it before and I've said it again. We cannot keep waiting 3-4 years for players to possibly come good. This tatic will not work in modern day football,this season being a perfect example of this.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:46 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:The problem is that he hasnt go a position becuase hes equally bad in both positions. He needs to establish himsels as either an attacking/defensive midfielder and work hard at one position if were to keep him at thye club.

I don't agree with that.
Do you not remember Denilson before he was forced to play DM?
He played in the CC and attacked very well, even scored a screamer against Newcastle.
I'm perfectly happy with his abilities as an AM it's just that he's not being allowed to play like that this season.

TheLittleMozart wrote:I've said it before and I've said it again. We cannot keep waiting 3-4 years for players to possibly come good. This tatic will not work in modern day football, this season being a perfect example of this.

I agree with you.
In which case your criticisms should be aimed at Wenger for constantly putting 'players with potential' out on the pitch instead of 'complete players'.
No point in slating Denilson, he can only play to the best of his abilities (under the circumstances) which he is doing.
You can't say he isn't trying.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TheLittleMozart » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:59 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:The problem is that he hasnt go a position becuase hes equally bad in both positions. He needs to establish himsels as either an attacking/defensive midfielder and work hard at one position if were to keep him at thye club.

I don't agree with that.
Do you not remember Denilson before he was forced to play DM?
He played in the CC and attacked very well, even scored a screamer against Newcastle.
I'm perfectly happy with his abilities as an AM it's just that he's not being allowed to play like that this season.

True at the start of the season I was very excited about watching him play becuase he was putting in some very good performances but ever since mabey November when he was started to have games with Song in the middle he hasn't really shone in his 'prefferd position' of an AM.

TheLittleMozart wrote:I've said it before and I've said it again. We cannot keep waiting 3-4 years for players to possibly come good. This tatic will not work in modern day football, this season being a perfect example of this.

I agree with you.
In which case your criticisms should be aimed at Wenger for constantly putting 'players with potential' out on the pitch instead of 'complete players'.
No point in slating Denilson, he can only play to the best of his abilities (under the circumstances) which he is doing.
You can't say he isn't trying.

I agree with you there.
Just annoys me when folk say 'oh but in a few years time he'll come good' and they think this is an accepatble attitude to have with the state our club is in.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Said all I have to say on the lad.
I expect him to do better next seaon.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby foxy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:30 pm

in fairness to him i really dont think he was as bad as some of you think. He had and took alot of responsibilty this season gone and much of the hard work that he put in has been completely un-noticed! Admittedly his passing could improve and his tacking is not up to the standard we would wish but he only 21 yo and his work rate is good. He does, i feel need to establish his position but given that his position can vary from week to week he is not doing a bad job. IMO he is def a keeper and we would be stupid to sell him and watch him become avery competant and effective player.
Aaron Ramsey's magic, he wears an Arsenal hat. Sir Alex said come play for me but Aaron said f**k that. Ramsey is a Gooners fan, he wears his shirt with pride, he plays for Arsenal FC, red and white army by his side!
foxy
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby 32inchVerticalLeap » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Denilson is absoltuely class, Im sure he's getting annoyed that he's going to have to resume covering fro Song again shortly.
32inchVerticalLeap

Postby niko197 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 pm

denislon is good player, but he's to soft!!
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby mrcruisy09 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:59 pm

i think we expect a hell of a lot from some of the young fellas. some will be later maturing than the likes of fabregas. not too many of his quality going about. thing is if we sell Denilson who does AW replace him with? denilson is a very decent squad player!
mrcruisy09
Liam Brady

Postby Massa » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:02 am

ScottishLass wrote:Doesn't that come with age and experience? Denilson is still how old? 18-19? I think the criticism was a tad harsh because hes only doing whats been asked of him. In time I think he'll develop into a great player.

Does she come on here often? :shock:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:10 am

The Massa Machine wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:Doesn't that come with age and experience? Denilson is still how old? 18-19? I think the criticism was a tad harsh because hes only doing whats been asked of him. In time I think he'll develop into a great player.

Does she come on here often? :shock:

Not any more, no.

Best left at that.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby castano » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:26 am

gzagee wrote:After rereading my comments on the difference of opinion I had with Inchy regarding Denilson, I've decided to refrain on deriding Denilson and what he might bring to our game.

I may have been a tad harsh in my criticism of the player (though I still hold the belief that he should be doing more). I spose it was unnecessary to claim he should be sold in the summer. He's a developing player.

Just wish he'd impose himself on the game. It's not as if he's a mere slip of a lad is it?

So in the interests of supporting our boys I shall keep my more disconcerting opinions of him to myself (or at least to a minimum :sneaky2: ).

:arse flag.gif: :Peace:

oh geez! Thank you Lord!
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Denilson