Sao Paulo are confident Denilson wont return to Arsenal

Sao Paulo are confident Denilson wont return to Arsenal

Postby Trina » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:13 am

Sao Paulo are optimistic regarding their chances of turning Denilson's loan move from Arsenal into a permanent stay.

The Brazil international returned to his homeland in 2011 after five years in England.

During that time he became a first-team regular at the Emirates, making over 150 senior appearances.

He did, however, express a desire to return to the club that helped to mould his career when Sao Paulo came calling, and they have been able to strike two loan agreements with Arsenal.

They are now looking to bring Denilson on board full-time and there would appear to be a willingness on all sides to get a deal done.

"I believe we'll reach an agreement with Arsenal," Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes told UOL.

"We have heard from Denilson that he doesn't want to return to England, that he wants to stay here with us.

"I think our relations with Arsenal will help that to happen."

While keen on keeping Denilson in his homeland, Sao Paulo have moved to distance themselves from reports suggesting they want to bring Josue home from German outfit Wolfsburg.

Lopes added: "There is no negotiation going on and we first heard that he could be coming here from the press."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... to-Arsenal
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Sao Paulo are confident Denilson wont return to Arsenal

Postby yosifun » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 am

Good! Now get him off our wages permanently!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:21 am

I wish Sao Paulo every success in signing him. And my deepest condolencies to all their fans.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:28 am

UFGN wrote:I wish Sao Paulo every success in signing him. And my deepest condolencies to all their fans.

To be fair he's one of their best players, or wait - least shit!
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Miss Arsenal » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 am

Trina wrote:
Sao Paulo are optimistic regarding their chances of turning Denilson's loan move from Arsenal into a permanent stay.

The Brazil international returned to his homeland in 2011 after five years in England.

During that time he became a first-team regular at the Emirates, making over 150 senior appearances.

He did, however, express a desire to return to the club that helped to mould his career when Sao Paulo came calling, and they have been able to strike two loan agreements with Arsenal.

They are now looking to bring Denilson on board full-time and there would appear to be a willingness on all sides to get a deal done.

"I believe we'll reach an agreement with Arsenal," Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes told UOL.

"We have heard from Denilson that he doesn't want to return to England, that he wants to stay here with us.

"I think our relations with Arsenal will help that to happen."

While keen on keeping Denilson in his homeland, Sao Paulo have moved to distance themselves from reports suggesting they want to bring Josue home from German outfit Wolfsburg.

Lopes added: "There is no negotiation going on and we first heard that he could be coming here from the press."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... to-Arsenal

:hail:
Praise the Lord, we are finally flogging this deadwood, albeit a season or three too late!

The fact he managed over 150 appearances for us is astonishing in itself, I don't recall him ever giving the performances that merited 150+ games for the Arsenal. All I remember is him passing sideways.
Last edited by Miss Arsenal on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
WENGER OUT NOW

THIS FRAUD NEEDS TO GO
Miss Arsenal
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:37 am

You obviously didn't watch too many games then.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Miss Arsenal » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:40 am

GunnGunn wrote:You obviously didn't watch too many games then.

Lol, name 5 games he was quality in? I can't and thats not because I have a shit memory, which I don't, but because I don't remember him ever being decent/good in any!
WENGER OUT NOW

THIS FRAUD NEEDS TO GO
Miss Arsenal
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:41 am

the CL match against AS Roma
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:43 am

He has had more than one good game but simply didn't seem to improve at all, he looked like he was at his prime at the age of 20/21.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:49 am

Well for starters try having a look at the 08/09 season when he played 51 games, starting more than any other player in the entire squad. Or the 09/10 season when he scored 6 goals in 28 games all from outside the box.

5 games off the top of my head - Newcastle in the CC, Newcastle Prem, Everton, Wigan, Aston Villa, not too mention that ridiculous free kick against Hull.

Oh sorry that was 6.

Denilson was always a tidy squad player who had the potential to be something more but yet again another victim of Wenger's positional experiments.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 am

Denilson was a good squad player. Nothing more nothing less. Was never really a flop or anything like that. He was like Carrick at Manure
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 am

Whats funnier about people whinging about his sideways passing is that its exactly what Arteta does - It serves a purpose.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:23 pm

This news made my day.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:05 pm

GG, I know he got plenty of games in 08/09 as Flamini's replacement, but I remember him being distinctly average, and our season looking distinctively average until he was finally replaced with Song... then things started to click.

He understood his role better in 09/10 imo. I've never hated the guy, just never felt he was good enough for us, certainly not for the first team. But there's certainly more than five occasions where he's done the business, and it's always great see a guy in a red and white shirt score from outside the box!!!

Incidentally, I think he'd do better than Arteta in the current set-up. When he replaced Flamini we were still playing 4-4-2.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Everything I remember of him playing for us is like a blur, except for that one free kick he scored, i think against Bolton?
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to Denilson